JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Note: This is the one where that nut job brought their kid to the shootout. And you will see the child on the ground in this video, albeit they blur his face/head. But if you don't want to see that, then you should probably skip the video.

With that said...my first reaction to this is that it's kinda a Cluster Eff. I realize these things are chaotic. And it may be me and that I'm not understanding the situation and exactly what is going on. But here's what strikes me initially from this video...

• I see what appears to be a lot of missed shots...and especially as there seemed to be ample opportunity to shoot this nut-job when he/she/who the hell knows was doing whatever he/she/it was doing when their rifle was on the ground
  • There seems to be an officer hiding in an alcove playing, "which hand should I hold my Eff'ing gun with," and NOT engaging the suspect. Nice loud radio also appears to give away his position
  • Then there's an unarmed dude running around in the middle of this mess and doing his best to walk into friendly fire. Why the hell is he in the middle of this if he's not armed? He's nothing but a liability and only adds to the turmoil and confusion
  • Lots of armed cops/security seem to be standing around not doing much. Maybe they're not sure where the shooter is and are trying to figure it out...by just standing there. Or maybe they know where the shooter is but aren't doing anything
  • It's seems clear to me that many of the cops/security are VERY scared and VERY stressed...to the point that I think it impeded their performance. And yea, it's a gunfight. But that is the job they signed up for. And people's lives depend on them being able to manage that fear and stress. It would be interesting to know how much training they all had. And what additional training they will seek, if any, now that the've been through one of these things.
Seems like they got pretty lucky that more people weren't hurt/killed. And I realize the threat of a possible bomb adds another dimension to this thing. But when you have a nut job actively shooting up the place, you have to put them down as quickly as possible, no matter what.

Last Edited:
There is plenty of information out there about this crazy lady. This train wreck was a long time coming, but should have been predictable. I wonder if the misleading transgender identification came from her use a false male name in her criminal record?

It appears to me that a properly equipped security team should have long guns available for quick access (but not carried) in case of this type of attack.

It is common in combat that one person takes charge and deals with the situation while many others hesitate. It appears that one person took the lead in dealing with her, and the rest either followed him in support or remained in place in static defense positions. One apparently unarmed guy in a suit stayed with the responder and seemed to be very brave while he did what he could in support. The officers were very stressed, and couldn't tell the dispatcher the address. They also didn't tell the EMT's when the attacker went down, delaying response to the kid. Despite that, I feel that they didn't screw up. They did the best they could under difficult circumstances.

Not at all like Uvalde.

Note: This is the one where that nut job brought their kid to the shootout. And you will see the child on the ground in this video, albeit they blur his face/head. But if you don't want to see that, then you should probably skip the video.

With that said...my first reaction to this is that it's kinda a Cluster Eff. I realize these things are chaotic. And it may be me and that I'm not understanding the situation and exactly what is going on. But here's what strikes me initially from this video...

• I see what appears to be a lot of missed shots...and especially as there seemed to be ample opportunity to shoot this nut-job when he/she/who the hell knows was doing whatever he/she/it was doing when their rifle was on the ground
  • There seems to be an officer hiding in an alcove playing, "which hand should I hold my Eff'ing gun with," and NOT engaging the suspect. Nice loud radio also appears to give away his position
  • Then there's an unarmed dude running around in the middle of this mess and doing his best to walk into friendly fire. Why the hell is he in the middle of this if he's not armed? He's nothing but a liability and only adds to the turmoil and confusion
  • Lots of armed cops/security seem to be standing around not doing much. Maybe they're not sure where the shooter is and are trying to figure it out...by just standing there. Or maybe they know where the shooter is but aren't doing anything
  • It's seems clear to me that many of the cops/security are VERY scared and VERY stressed...to the point that I think it impeded their performance. And yea, it's a gunfight. But that is the job they signed up for. And people's lives depend on them being able to manage that fear and stress. It would be interesting to know how much training they all had. And what additional training they will seek, if any, now that the've been through one of these things.
Seems like they got pretty lucky that more people weren't hurt/killed. And I realize the threat of a possible bomb adds another dimension to this thing. But when you have a nut job actively shooting up the place, you have to put them down as quickly as possible, no matter what.

Amazing amount of stupid. The one who can't decide which hand to hold his gun in is a Cop? :confused:
After watching that it looked AMAZING to me there was not a LOT more people hit.

I'll reserve most of my comments but, from some of the bodycam footage, while not Uvalde it could have been handled better from what I could see. 'Course, I wasn't there either.

I'll reserve most of my comments but, from some of the bodycam footage, while not Uvalde it could have been handled better from what I could see. 'Course, I wasn't there either.
It looks like the shooter was engaged fairly quickly, causing her to retreat. The shooting had alerted the bystanders, who had evacuated on their own initiative, leaving the shooter retreating to an unoccupied area. It appears that her avenue of retreat was blocked by the static law enforcement, and the point man of the response kept engaging her until she was down. Slow, messy, and inefficient, but ultimately successful.

Access to a long gun by the security detail would have ended things much quicker.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top