JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I only heard about this because the shooter worked for my cousin

over uneaten Pizza on the table - REALLY? Not even Chicago Deep Dish is worth that!!!
Glad my wife talked me into moving back from Chicago in '95

The bar's owners said the argument started over leftover pizza between the victim — a regular — and three first-time customers.
The argument then spilled out onto the front deck where shots were fired. Rosie O'Reilly's owners showed NBC Chicago footage recorded by another bar patron that showed one man pulling out a gun and firing two shots into the air.
Prosecutors said "a brief scuffle ensued on the outside front porch of the bar between Perkins, Freund and two other men, which ultimately resulted in Freund pulling out a 9 mm Glock handgun from his jacket pocket and firing two warning shots into the air."

"It is further alleged that after Freund fired the warning shots, Perkins approached the other man at which time Freund, who was standing on the other side of a wooden railing, fired at him, striking him in the torso and in the face. It is alleged that after the shooting, Freund placed the Glock, which had been fired a total of eleven times, in the center console of his truck where it was ultimately found by law enforcement,'' a release from DuPage County State's Attorney Bob Berlin and DuPage County Sheriff James Mendrick stated.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSHeDz44zJc

I only heard about this because the shooter worked for my cousin

over uneaten Pizza on the table - REALLY? Not even Chicago Deep Dish is worth that!!!
Glad my wife talked me into moving back from Chicago in '95

The bar's owners said the argument started over leftover pizza between the victim — a regular — and three first-time customers.
The argument then spilled out onto the front deck where shots were fired. Rosie O'Reilly's owners showed NBC Chicago footage recorded by another bar patron that showed one man pulling out a gun and firing two shots into the air.
Prosecutors said "a brief scuffle ensued on the outside front porch of the bar between Perkins, Freund and two other men, which ultimately resulted in Freund pulling out a 9 mm Glock handgun from his jacket pocket and firing two warning shots into the air."

"It is further alleged that after Freund fired the warning shots, Perkins approached the other man at which time Freund, who was standing on the other side of a wooden railing, fired at him, striking him in the torso and in the face. It is alleged that after the shooting, Freund placed the Glock, which had been fired a total of eleven times, in the center console of his truck where it was ultimately found by law enforcement,'' a release from DuPage County State's Attorney Bob Berlin and DuPage County Sheriff James Mendrick stated.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSHeDz44zJc

Well I hope that was worth what he has done to his life now. :(

Well I hope that was worth what he has done to his life now. :(
my cousin tells me he knew and worked with the Mike for 20 years
a good machinist, hard worker, good employee
he never saw the side of him that would carry a gun into a bar, which we all know is illegal in Illinois
Gary told me he had beers with the guy many times in local bars and never observed an issue
you never know about the person working or living next to you

my cousin tells me he knew and worked with the Mike for 20 years
a good machinist, hard worker, good employee
he never saw the side of him that would carry a gun into a bar, which we all know is illegal in Illinois
Gary told me he had beers with the guy many times in local bars and never observed an issue
you never know about the person working or living next to you
Sadly all too often alcohol and responsibility do not go hand in hand. Don't know if there is more video, (figure there must me) of this. The very short clip I saw was two men who were being boys due to drinking. The guy pulls a gun to end the push shove and fires into the air. The old line if you are going to pull a gun best be ready to use it came to mind. The firing into the air was over the top dumb. Again did not see any more video but "sounds" like the one shot was not impressed by the "warning shots". So in any case now the shooter had ruined his damn life over the quick, extremely poor choice. Hopefully others will maybe stop and think before putting themselves in the same situation. :(

Sadly all too often alcohol and responsibility do not go hand in hand. Don't know if there is more video, (figure there must me) of this. The very short clip I saw was two men who were being boys due to drinking. The guy pulls a gun to end the push shove and fires into the air. The old line if you are going to pull a gun best be ready to use it came to mind. The firing into the air was over the top dumb. Again did not see any more video but "sounds" like the one shot was not impressed by the "warning shots". So in any case now the shooter had ruined his damn life over the quick, extremely poor choice. Hopefully others will maybe stop and think before putting themselves in the same situation. :(
Yeah, it's not really about the pizza, or cold fries, or a parking spot 4 steps closer to the store. I would not expect the bar owner to talk about the alcohol served. But in our dumbed down society, blame pizza. Were those two fighting, or dancing, lol.

Yeah, it's not really about the pizza, or cold fries, or a parking spot 4 steps closer to the store. I would not expect the bar owner to talk about the alcohol served. But in our dumbed down society, blame pizza. Were those two fighting, or dancing, lol.
the shooting took place outside an Irish Pub in the Chicago area
you think this was about Pizza? you think this was the first shooting outside an Irish Pub in Chicago?
my family has 2000 years of Irish blood in our veins
since when did the Irish need a reason to drink and fight?
even the Romans, Vikings and English couldn't keep the Irish from fighting each other

the shooting took place outside an Irish Pub in the Chicago area
Well, 25 miles West of Chicago exactly, so I don't know if this could still be considered the 'Chicago Area' - kind of like saying LaPine (where I live) is in the 'Bend Area' at approximately 24 miles away - and we are 'worlds apart' from Bend.

Also I don't see anything 'Irish' about any of the individuals involved that would have put them into any sort of 'Irish Blood' feudalism with the guy who was killed.

People will shoot you for breathing and you don't have to have had beers with them for 20 years with a 2000 year lineage f all to hear about it either. wtf

Well, 25 miles West of Chicago exactly, so I don't know if this could still be considered the 'Chicago Area' - kind of like saying LaPine (where I live) is in the 'Bend Area' at approximately 24 miles away - and we are 'worlds apart' from Bend.

Also I don't see anything 'Irish' about any of the individuals involved that would have put them into any sort of 'Irish Blood' feudalism with the guy who was killed.
you can't compare Bend to Chicago in area, Wheaten is a commute suburb of Chicago, as Cornelius is for Portland
the old Irish areas are now S. Chicago gang territory

what does an Irishman look like?

before coffee.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR