JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Guessing he wasn't sure if he had a round chambered and didn't want to take the time/change his focus to do a press check.
Wow so shooter tries to take the victim's gun, the victim pushes him off without pulling his own gun, the victim gives verbal order to shooter to holster shooter's gun (ie tries to de-escalate), the victim sprays mace (non lethal force), and somewhere in the end of the sequence shooter still has time to rack the slide. That is a hell of a lot of time and opportunity to avoid having to shoot. That shooter is toast.

This kinda seems similar to the reinhole pdx shooting in terms of mace and firearm. Both victims were armed with weapon stowed and used mace (attempted to in the case of the pdx shooting but shooter's first bullet hit the mace can).

Except reinhole did a total sneak attack so different situation of course. At least with this guy they didnt have to have a manhunt to catch him.

Just sucks this stuff is going on. Everyone is shouting hate, hate, hate. I hope ourcountry can come back together. There was a really great 1 hour program on how social media promotes "us vs them" by only sending u info they know u will have an emtional reaction to and it grows hate of the other group. Its kinda of an endlessly growing bigger and bigger cycle of hate. We dont need to live this way in our country imo.

Last Edited:
This kinda seems similar to the reinhole pdx shooting in terms of mace and firearm. Both victims were armed with weapon stowed and used mace (attempted to in the case of the pdx shooting but shooter's first bullet hit the mace can).

Except reinhole did a total sneak attack so different situation of course. At least with this guy they didnt have to have a manhunt to catch him.

Just sucks this stuff is going on. Everyone is shouting hate, hate, hate. I hope ourcountry can come back together. There was a really great 1 hour program on how social media promotes "us vs them" by only sending u info they know u will have an emtional reaction to and it grows hate of the other group. Its kinda of an endlessly growing bigger and bigger cycle of hate. We dont need to live this way in our country imo.

Many similarities to the two shootings. It will be interesting to see what bystander videos show up over the next few days. I too hope we will return to normalcy as soon as possible. Until then the lessons are to stay alert and aware, avoid confrontation, and make sure your carry piece is well secured.

Wow so shooter tries to take the victim's gun, the victim pushes him off without pulling his own gun, the victim gives verbal order to shooter to holster shooter's gun (ie tries to de-escalate), the victim sprays mace (non lethal force), and somewhere in the end of the sequence shooter still has time to rack the slide. That is a hell of a lot of time and opportunity to avoid having to shoot. That shooter is toast.
That's the rub when you have two people both carrying who get in a conflict. It's a split second between life and death, and if you wait for the other person to draw first before you try to defend yourself you might be the one getting buried.

That's the rub when you have two people both carrying who get in a conflict. It's a split second between life and death, and if you wait for the other person to draw first before you try to defend yourself you might be the one getting buried.
As Miagi says, "no be there".

These shootings are like the shootout at Kodak corral..

I have to admit I was looking into body cams a bit ago. With elections followed by likely exciting holiday shopping adventures I like to keep both hands free while documenting any unwanted encounters.

friend linked me this.. whoever said this dude was not antifa was lying

Well the kid wanted to be all in for his cause, so now he gets to live it. He will be spending some time in prison. So I hope he feels it was all worth it now. He got what he wanted. Wonder how long he will stay "dedicated" as the time in prison is probably not going to be what he dreamed it would be. In prison he will also get a good taste of what it's like when you do not have society protecting you. He is going to get to live in a VERY structured environment for a while. Hope he enjoys it. :s0140:

That's the rub when you have two people both carrying who get in a conflict.
And for what reason?

A man is dead and the killer arrested and what was accomplished?

ANYONE who actively enters an area of 'protest' in this day and age is NOT going to change anything no matter how 'adamant' they are - regardless of the side they are on. It is an act of lunacy to attempt to take your beliefs into an area of heightened violence and think you are going to change any minds or effect any political dissention.

My sympathy goes out to the man who was killed, his family and loved ones but he would be alive today if he had not placed himself in an unknown situation, in too close of proximity of unknown elements and allowed his emotions to overcome him and is what ultimately got him killed.

I can appreciate emotions and opinion - heck I have MANY of my own but I have never voluntarily placed myself in an unknown situation of heightened emotions and violence to present or argue my opinions where the possibility of a threat to my life existed.

Part of this is based on my own training which has always been to recognize prudent danger and to avoid it at all circumspect, and to only engage when absolutely necessary.

I do not in ANY way support the shooter or his actions. His response was nothing more than a paranoid reaction due to some potentially short time experience with firearms and no training, and I hope he pays heavily for his poor and obvious decisions and failure.

Last Edited:
I have to admit I was looking into body cams a bit ago. With elections followed by likely exciting holiday shopping adventures I like to keep both hands free while documenting any unwanted encounters.
Like all tech they have gotten VERY cheap and very good. I have used one for over 15 years, mainly for walking the dogs. They are VERY good to have. Far easier to clip one to your shirt rather than trying to hold a phone.

There's a whole bunch of charges here. The news team is also going to be held liable. It's long past time when people should realize that you don't go around flipping' your gums without packin' a gun. There's just too many folks that have been playing video games where you get so immersed in the game that you forget reality. In real life, people die and stay dead when you shoot them. From where I sit it, looks like the shooting victim was dead before he hit the ground.

It's long past time when people should realize that you don't go around flipping' your gums without packin' a gun.
If you are going around 'flipping' your gums' the LAST thing you should be doing is 'packin' a gun'.

A gun is NOT a shield against 'gum flipping' nor a support of same.

Last Edited:
If you are going around 'flipping' your gums' the LAST thing you should be doing is 'packin' a gun'.

A gun is NOT a shield against 'gum flipping' nor a support of same.
Yep, we are starting to see a few people running around with a gun who do not have the emotional control to do so. Many of them are paying a stiff price for it. One sad consequence of the sudden hate on Cops is we will start to see this with Cops. As forces are no longer able to hire people who are good, a lot of people who would not qualify before will get the job. Many of these people will panic when something starts to go sideways and start to shoot before they should.

And for what reason?

A man is dead and the killer arrested and what was accomplished?

ANYONE who actively enters an area of 'protest' in this day and age is NOT going to change anything no matter how 'adamant' they are - regardless of the side they are on. It is an act of lunacy to attempt to take your beliefs into an area of heightened violence and think you are going to change any minds or effect any political dissention.

My policy is to stay out of places where violence is expected, too. However, I have a lot of sympathy for people who feel like they ought to be able to peacefully assemble to protest or to rally in support of each other or some cause. I'm talking about people who think if you give Leftists (or Rightists) an inch then they will try take a yard--there's evidence to support this.

I'm talking about those who refuse to be intimidated by the threat of others who want to make certain ideas dangerous and socially unacceptable. There's a big difference, too, between going to a "patriot" rally and having Leftists bring trouble to you or you going to one of their rallies to make trouble.

In short, I have really mixed feelings about avoiding political gatherings because I think my opponents will make it dangerous. I don't claim to know the right answer except to say in our country no one--Right, Left, or Center--should have to be in fear of life or limb because of violent political opponents.

We are currently living in the age of speech suppression.

There was a local rally held by conservatives for the purpose of protesting the arrest of several Christians holding an anti-mask rally. The conservative organizers were totally peaceful and there was absolutely no threat of violence. My girlfriend and I both wanted to attend.

However, due to my position at the largest employer in the area, I was instructed by my boss to investigate the rally and the organizers since the executives of the company feared violence. It was hinted that I should let them know if I found any posts on social media by employees that were supportive of the conservative group or were planning on attending.

When BLM planned a local rally earlier in the year, no such actions were taken.

So, I'm pretty darn sure that if I had revealed to my boss that I supported the movement and was planning on attending, that I would have lost my job.

Sure, I'm free to give up my cushy job and years of benefits in order to attend a rally and exercise my "freedom" of speech, but is that really freedom? I never thought that I would have to choose between attending a peaceful conservative rally, and keeping my job.

We are living in perilous times.

My policy is to stay out of places where violence is expected, too. However, I have a lot of sympathy for people who feel like they ought to be able to peacefully assemble to protest or to rally in support of each other or some cause. I'm talking about people who think if you give Leftists (or Rightists) an inch then they will try take a yard--there's evidence to support this.

I'm talking about those who refuse to be intimidated by the threat of others who want to make certain ideas dangerous and socially unacceptable. There's a big difference, too, between going to a "patriot" rally and having Leftists bring trouble to you or you going to one of their rallies to make trouble.

In short, I have really mixed feelings about avoiding political gatherings because I think my opponents will make it dangerous. I don't claim to know the right answer except to say in our country no one--Right, Left, or Center--should have to be in fear of life or limb because of violent political opponents.
There is nothing wrong with wanting to go out in public and hold a sign or flag or whatever. If you go to something like this armed, then some try to provoke you, and you end up shooting someone, was it still worth it? There is an old saying, "being right, and dead right". Yes you have the right but, if you chose to go to a place where this kind of stuff is known to break out? You are choosing to take the risk. Adults have that right. Many when "something bad happens then want others to feel sorry for them. Sorry, not me. I am never not armed if going out. So I do not put myself in the position that the guy with the can of mace put himself in. Some of the news of this is now saying his Son was there with him and got to watch him killed. So was it "worth it"? Would not be to me but hey, freedom is freedom. If others feel it's important enough to risk their life for a protest? Have at it.
The mess this country is in is in the lap of voters. I do not like it, I will never not vote or throw my vote away but, I am not interested in getting killed or having to shoot some thug because so many voters seem to want more control, with the promise of being taken care of, instead of more freedom.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top