JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If Denver is anything like Portland, that ink IS the get out of jail free card.

In Portland, aren't some officers on the streets Federally deputized still?

Not sure in this instance if it is SWAT or Federal agents apprehending the shooter, but if it is a Fed apprehending them, I think they're screwed.

Does anyone know if this state had stand your ground laws, or if deadly force is justified for self-defense against a punch/mace?

Does anyone know if this state had stand your ground laws, or if deadly force is justified for self-defense against a punch/mace?

Good question, however it doesn't look like self defense. This photo shows that the mace was aimed to the right of Matt Doloff and not at him as he fired. Notice that even though the stream of mace has expanded to over three feet it is all clearly well behind him.

You can't respond with deadly force to defend another person who is being attacked by a non lethal weapon.

A second potential for what we see in this picture is that the victim was responding to Doloff bringing his gun into a firing position and did not have time to correct his aim before the shot was fired.

Either way, self defense it a very, very long shot.
1602451191980.png

I guess there are 2 outcomes; both will hinge on what the shooter said to LEO:
1. He maced me, so I shot him.
Wrong answer, go straight to jail, do not collect your $200 private security fee.

2. He maced me, after making a violent threat. I feared the macing was an attempt to take my firearm and kill me and the news crew...so fearing for our lives I shot him.
Correct answer; get out of jail free card

I'd argue that the correct response would be to.......

Lawyer-Up.jpg

Aloha, Mark

As someone who worked for The Pinkerton Agency, under Paragon Systems for 8 yrs, Where is his uniform/badge, by company rules it must always be on display. Also his footwear is not authorized and he has no HI VIS Vest/Trousers, also no comms? No way he was on duty, also his Company ID must be on display at all times...something really freaking stinks with this one. Just my 2 cents worth, if in fact he was `on` duty he would have been carrying in a outside the waist holster not concealed, again company regs...carry on leftards.

I could see that maybe some lawyer might want to take on the organizers for this.....
Soup-can-rally.png
BUT THEN.....the lawyer would probably be labeled a racist and run out of town.

Think about: The SOF Classified Ad case.

Rrrright......is there enough innuendo there to see what was really intended?

A reasonable and prudent person.......can see what is happening in America's cities.

But, I am an NRA member and I'm NOT reasonable (so I've been told). Because I don't believe in "reasonable and common sense" anti-gun laws.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Colorado follows Stand Your Ground.

If you're asking the question in this way; if deadly force is justified for self-defense against a punch/mace? ; then you clearly don't understand the fundamentals of how the concept works. I suggest some education on reasonable fear of harm.

Last Edited:
There's almost no information on this, other than one individual pepper sprayed another, which was followed by the sprayed returning fire and killing the sprayer.

I haven't seen any information on who started what. This in conjecture only, but it seems like the guard was sprayed, and acted in self defense, yet was arrested.

This is hearsay, but a comment indicated that there is a video of the security guard pushing the sprayer and egging him on to spray him, in which case, the security guard is in the wrong. I have not seen a video of this.

Returned fire? Mace is not the same as a handgun.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top