JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I first saw this there was no info yet. As more has come out it just keeps getting worse. If this really is as bad as the reports, that she just shot the guy from the damn doorway, she needs to be put away a long time. I will be VERY interested to see if she was heavily impaired too. If she was not it sure sounds like they hired someone to be an LEO who had NO business in this job. Guy opens the door in his shorts and she shoots him? I hope it's not really this bad but damn. White Cop, black victim, this could not be any worse for the Cops who work there and for the people who live there. You know the race baiting is going to play heavy on this.

I've been pretty tired, pretty phuq'd up, and pretty phuq'd up while tired, and never forgot where I lived or which bed was mine or which girl was my girlfriend, or any of the stupid excuses I've heard people make for why they pulled crap like this.

I thought the same thing. In my younger more wild days I sometimes drank to the point of having a hard time walking. I never went to the wrong door and tried to get in. If someone answered my door in their boxers when I come home I would of course draw on them but I can do so without putting a hole in them. This sounds a LOT like they hired a a person who was NOT able to handle the damn job. She see's a guy she thinks is in her place and draws and fires. Sounds like she was probably drawing to hold him at gun point and set off a round before she wanted to in panic.

ah thanks. See, you answer the door when someone trying to break in with a firearm, not boxers.

Trying to find the right meme. I think this will do:

View attachment 496835

I have a few times had someone trying to get into a place of mine by mistake like this. When I used to rent the first thing I did was change locks on the door since who the hell knows who has keys. Few times at a hotel or apartment I have heard someone trying to get in with a key. I would answer the door with a gun but the gun was also NOT seen by the person on the other side of the door. So only thing that ever happened was some embarrassment on the part of the person at the wrong door. At apartments when this happened I was never sure if the person really was at the wrong door or if they were checking to see if anyone was home to try to break in. I still did not drill them. Unless he leaped out the door at her, which I HIGHLY doubt, it sounds like she just panicked and fired.

I thought the same thing. In my younger more wild days I sometimes drank to the point of having a hard time walking. I never went to the wrong door and tried to get in. If someone answered my door in their boxers when I come home I would of course draw on them but I can do so without putting a hole in them. This sounds a LOT like they hired a a person who was NOT able to handle the damn job. She see's a guy she thinks is in her place and draws and fires. Sounds like she was probably drawing to hold him at gun point and set off a round before she wanted to in panic.

If I came home and saw a man in boxers, assuming my wife wasn't with him in which she'd have some explaining to do, I'd just back away and call 911. You know where dude is and he isn't going anywhere.

I'm always defending LEOs probably to a fault, but there's no excuse for this.

She murdered that man.

I probably to a fault, try to support LEO's too. I know all too well how the job they have sucks at times, has to be done, and how media has fanned the flames of hate last decade or so. It's why I also have ZERO use for one who is found to be corrupt and or incompetent. Those VERY few "bad apples" make life miserable for the rest and feed the narrative of the "we hate all Cops" crowd. I hope to hell something more comes out to make this "less bad" than it sounds. Not for the Cop who shot him but for the people who live there and work there. This is the kind of thing that leads hot heads and kooks to hunt and kill innocents.

If I came home and saw a man in boxers, assuming my wife wasn't with him in which she'd have some explaining to do, I'd just back away and call 911. You know where dude is and he isn't going anywhere.

Same. With the wife or not. Taking a life isn't a video game.

I'll better lady cop is shakin like a dog sharting razorblades. How horrible to screw up like that and know you just ruined everything.

I agree cop should go to jail. However, I think that mistake would be horribly easy to make. The floors were probably laid out identically. The apt was probably near the elevator so cop was thinking in terms of the second door on the right from elevator, for example, rather than looking for the number. Apartments were likely laid out identically too. But even if not, when resident/intruder opened door in response to cop fumbling at door, cop's full focus would have automatically been totally on "intruder", and neither she nor I would probably have noticed even if the apartment walls were purple polka dotted and there was no furniture. Resident was probably acting somewhat aggressive, understandably, since someone was apparently trying to break in instead of knocking. I'm guessing he was big, or he wouldn't have opened the door in response to an apparent break-in attempt. From cop's point of view, resident would be a huge crazy (semi clothed) aggressive intruder already close enough to hit or grab her.

Who cares, outcome is she murdered a man who was in his own house. This is an awful lot of trying to make sense out our murdering a man. (And I'm the one who consistently argues on this forum over 'shoots' most often advocating for the shooter) No matter how it is spun, she's a murderer.

When I first saw this there was no info yet. As more has come out it just keeps getting worse. If this really is as bad as the reports, that she just shot the guy from the damn doorway, she needs to be put away a long time. I will be VERY interested to see if she was heavily impaired too. If she was not it sure sounds like they hired someone to be an LEO who had NO business in this job. Guy opens the door in his shorts and she shoots him? I hope it's not really this bad but damn. White Cop, black victim, this could not be any worse for the Cops who work there and for the people who live there. You know the race baiting is going to play heavy on this.

Could easily be worse. White cop was female, victim was black male. Make the shooter white male and the victim black female. Then you get the fem and black crowd at the same time. In this scenario, the fem crowd could be apologists for the cop.

I am waiting for the tox screen to be released. Either she was drunk or high, or was an affirmative action hire in an effort to have a more gender equal force who never should have been a police officer. Either way, it sure sounds like she is guilty of manslaughter. It is not murder, as she panicked and accidently grossly negligently caused the death of another person. A terrible tragedy for what appears to have been a wonderful young man with a promising future.

I agree cop should go to jail. However, I think that mistake would be horribly easy to make. The floors were probably laid out identically. The apt was probably near the elevator so cop was thinking in terms of the second door on the right from elevator, for example, rather than looking for the number. Apartments were likely laid out identically too. But even if not, when resident/intruder opened door in response to cop fumbling at door, cop's full focus would have automatically been totally on "intruder", and neither she nor I would probably have noticed even if the apartment walls were purple polka dotted and there was no furniture. Resident was probably acting somewhat aggressive, understandably, since someone was apparently trying to break in instead of knocking. I'm guessing he was big, or he wouldn't have opened the door in response to an apparent break-in attempt. From cop's point of view, resident would be a huge crazy (semi clothed) aggressive intruder already close enough to hit or grab her.

This isn't about how big he was, or the fact that she was a female at all. It's about the fact that she murdered a man in his own home and is blaming it on a mistake. If the key didn't work, why keep trying. Take a step back, gather yourself and figure out why. Years ago I went to the store for some groceries. I came out, and saw what I thought was my truck as it was identical. Went to open the door (back when you used keys to do such a thing) and when it didn't work I immediately stopped and did some "research". Looked inside, then looked at the plate. Quickly realized it wasn't mine and walked away to find my vehicle. She kept trying to get the door open. Long enough to wake up this poor guy and have him open the door to see what was going on. We don't know if he was aggressive. So that can't be assumed. Neither can his size be assumed (and I don't know what that has to do with anything honestly). She was a LEO, so she should have been able to logically assess the situation and figure out what was going on. That's her job BTW. Suggesting he was this big scary aggressive male holds NO water here. None.

Speculating about how cop might have made that mistake, giving her every possible benefit of the doubt. But even if all the benefits of doubt are true, and she wasn't for example also drunk or stoned, it was still manslaughter and she should still go to jail.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top