JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Don't do it, the downside outweights the benefit.

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters
I'll throw my hat into the ring.

For years I carried a G3 G26 and then switched to a G4 G19 IWB at 4-6 o'clock. After almost a decade I've switched back to the G26 AIWB with a Tenicore holster. I'm really, really liking this new setup.

I haven't been carrying as much as I'd like to. I've always carried a G19 but in the last two years I've been less apt to carry as the size often gets in the way of everyday activities. I've been considering the P365 after I shot my buddies a while back. Has anyone made the change to a smaller EDC and not felt the compromise outweighed the benefit of the larger EDC.

I did feel the P365 was very accurate, the downside is less ammo...what say you?
Once I found pocket carry it became so much easier to carry every day every where.
I went from taking the gun off as soon as I got home to to carrying from the time I got dressed till bed time. My pocket gun does not get in the way when sitting, When using the bathroom the gun just stays in the pocket, etc... drawing a hammerless revolver is so much easier than with a semi auto. I get a full firing grip and the back of the hand just guides it out of even jeans pockets. DR

Get the p365 xl
it's not xl but feels more like shooting a real gun 👍

I started with the hellcat but added a hellcat pro (xl copy) after inspecting my buddies 365xl.

Hellcat is 15 rounds.

Last Edited:
I have tried the LCP, P3AT, Colt Mustang, and a couple others. What I settled on was a 642 J frame.
Love my 642, it's become a constant companion.

IMG_0608.jpeg

Okay might as well add my 2 cents. OP mentioned having a Glock19 but not always carrying. So the gun you have on you regardless of what it is, is better then the one you leave at home or in the truck. So if the p365 or similar size one is one that you will carry, then yes it's worth it and the upside of having it on you beats the downsides of not carrying.

I do think having guns of similar platform can be beneficial since you have Glock19 then a 43 or 48 with shield mags work.

Not to mention the p365 can be the edc, and the Glock19 if you ever want to or go somewhere that a larger gun would be beneficial.

I edc a p365 but in the winter or if I'm heading to certain parts of the state, I take my xmacro and have a tlr 7A and I also just added a threaded barrel with Lakeline llc micro comp (probably a glorified thread protector but im sure it does a little).

What you need is a large collection of various sizes and styles so you can carry what feels right on a given day. I carry, at any given time, an LCP, M&P 340 .357, S&W 19 carry comp, 686+ 5", Glock 43, 33, 19, 21 and RARELY, a CZ P10C. Sometimes a full size 1911 if I'm feeling fancy.

Just throwing this out there but if you (the OP) are from WA aren't you constrained to 10+1 carry for any new edc?

If I'm required to downsize capacity on a new edc (from a G19), I might consider upsizing the caliber.

Just throwing this out there but if you (the OP) are from WA aren't you constrained to 10+1 carry for any new edc?

If I'm required to downsize capacity on a new edc (from a G19), I might consider upsizing the caliber.
Someone needs to make a compact size semiautomatic that has a capacity of 10 rounds of .45 Long Colt. That'd be the ultimate carry…

What you need is a large collection of various sizes and styles so you can carry what feels right on a given day. I carry, at any given time, an LCP, M&P 340 .357, S&W 19 carry comp, 686+ 5", Glock 43, 33, 19, 21 and RARELY, a CZ P10C. Sometimes a full size 1911 if I'm feeling fancy.
Right on man. But don't forget to add the PCCs and ar15, 300BO, and .308 pistols. I do carry this one in the front pocket of my fleece from time to time.

Mp5 over the shoulder carry deployment short video from the internet

Right on man. But don't forget to add the PCCs and ar15, 300BO, and .308 pistols. I do carry this one in the front pocket of my fleece from time to time.

Mp5 over the shoulder carry deployment short video from the internet
If I could carry my .50 appendix, I would. But we all know white guys ain't packing like that so I couldn't just call the printing "well hung" ... Would have to say it's my diabetes pump maybe

There are no wrong or right answers in such a discussion. I have most often carried a full size handgun, with a mouse gun as my reload. The mouse gun (LCP) is so extremely easy, I find myself carrying it all by itself on occasion. It sure makes carrying easy. But I cringe at the thought of being in a real situation, and the LCP is my only firearm.

It comes down to priorities. Make it really easy to carry, so you're always carrying? Or is a larger/heavier handgun with better ammo choices worth the extra effort or inconvenience? I still prefer the latter, but I still appreciate folks carrying a small pistol, if that is the incentive to more often carry.

If I could carry my .50 appendix, I would. But we all know white guys ain't packing like that so I couldn't just call the printing "well hung" ... Would have to say it's my diabetes pump maybe
Try a shoulder holster made for big gun. I have a universal one and it holds up to mp5 sized PCCs and 10.5" brn-180 .556 (all with stocks or braces folded) so .50 desert eagle would be no problem at all. Pain in the butt to adjust but once adjusted they work well. I would never describe them as "comfortable" though. I'm tempted to try my 12.5" ar-10 pistol if I could get the stock folding but it would be "hung far low" and stick out below most jackets probably.

Last Edited:
Try a shoulder holster made for big gun. I have a universal one and it holds up to mp5 sized PCCs and 10.5" brn-180 .556 (all with stocks or braces folded) so .50 desert eagle would be no problem at all. Pain in the butt to adjust but once adjusted they work well. I would never describe them as "comfortable" though. I'm tempted to try my 12.5" ar-10 pistol if I could get the stock folding but it would be "hung far low" and stick out below most jackets probably.
Who said anything about my .50 being a deagle? When I said "well hung" I meant it like an elephant
1709008765275.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top