JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Don't do it, the downside outweights the benefit.

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters
I primarily pocket carry anymore I can carry any number of 380s, a Ruger LC9s Pro (No thumb safety) or a G33 (Same size for G-26 or G-27) or a Taurus G2C in 40 and I have a G3C in 40 on the way. I can get my Springfield XD40 SC in my pocket, but it is very hard to fish out quickly. Were I to carry appendix or Crossdraw, I have the XD40 SC , XD45 SC, S&W M&P40C in 3.6 0r 4.0 inch, same G-33, Taurus G2C or G3C in 40. Revolvers in 38, 357 Mag or 327 Federal. Crossdraw or appendix works better in the drivers seat.

I carry the G-33 357 Sig or a Taurus in 40, sometimes two. Not paranoid, just easier at times.

There are no wrong or right answers in such a discussion. I have most often carried a full size handgun, with a mouse gun as my reload. The mouse gun (LCP) is so extremely easy, I find myself carrying it all by itself on occasion. It sure makes carrying easy. But I cringe at the thought of being in a real situation, and the LCP is my only firearm.

It comes down to priorities. Make it really easy to carry, so you're always carrying? Or is a larger/heavier handgun with better ammo choices worth the extra effort or inconvenience? I still prefer the latter, but I still appreciate folks carrying a small pistol, if that is the incentive to more often carry.

It also depends on what your world is typically like. Where you go, activities, exposure and risk all will dictate what makes the most sense to carry…

I swap daily based on what I want to carry or plan to be doing...

My favorite carry is my long slide 1911 10mm, to save weight, I have been favoring the G40 10mm long slide...

Tonight, I switched to my Canik TP9 Elite SC for an outing, no problem.

Sometimes I'll for a light full size TP9SFX with its factory 20+1 capacity..

A smaller sub-compact IWB is the Mete MC9.

Other times go for the Ruger LCP2 380.

I carry what fits the need and I have a large selection.

Smallest carry is a NAA mini revolver in 22mag but that is as a rabid squirrel backup to something centerfire...

Last Edited:
I swap daily based on what I want to carry or plan to be doing...

My favorite carry is my long slide 1911 10mm, to save weight, I have been favoring the G40 10mm long slide...

Tonight, I switched to my Canik TP9 Elite SC for an outing, no problem.

Sometimes I'll for a light full size TP9SFX with its factory 20+1 capacity..

A smaller sub-compact IWB is the Mete MC9.

Other times go for the Ruger LCP2 380.

I carry what fits the need and I have a large selection.

Smallest carry is a NAA mini revolver in 22mag but that is as a rabid squirrel backup to something centerfire...

Love my NAA mini mag

One in the head will do the job. Not ideal, but when it is 90+ outside, it still gets carried (I personal hate the heat and literally melt)

Best way to win a fight is not to be there. Diligence is key.

My LCP gen1 deliverers reliable center of mass at 20 ft. Note the LCP Max is on the way as an upgrade. Amazing upgrade, minimal thickness change to get 10 rds vs 6.

Last Edited:
Been carrying for a LONG time. The only way I manage to always carry is often carry something smaller. Have LONG been a full size 1911 guy. There are a lot of times I just will not do that though. So "downside", far harder to shoot well and less ammo. "Upside" is always having a gun. The old line first rule to win a gun fight is have a gun. So any gun beats hell out of the better one left at home.

My LCP gen1 dealers reliable center of mass at 20 ft. Note the LCP Max is on the way as an upgrade. Amazing upgrade, minimal thickness change to get 10 rds vs 6.
I love my LCP Max. Made the switch from a G42 and haven't looked back. Decent trigger, sights are good, the finger extension baseplate makes the grip manageable. Wish the barrel / slide were slightly longer, but aside from that it's a great carry piece, insane how they can cram 10rds into such a small footprint.

I love my LCP Max. Made the switch from a G42 and haven't looked back. Decent trigger, sights are good, the finger extension baseplate makes the grip manageable. Wish the barrel / slide were slightly longer, but aside from that it's a great carry piece, insane how they can cram 10rds into such a small footprint.
I also believe that a small gun on you is much better than a large one that is not.
The LCP Max can hold 13 rounds and fit in the front pocket of denim jeans in a kydex holster. If those rounds are hard-cast lead, the bullet will fully penetrate a very large male in winter clothing. Sure, I would rather have the ideal gun with me if I were in a gunfight, but since I am not willing to pack the much larger and heavier ideal gun and additional ammo with me 24/7, the Max is a good choice for many people...

There are no wrong or right answers in such a discussion. I have most often carried a full size handgun, with a mouse gun as my reload. The mouse gun (LCP) is so extremely easy, I find myself carrying it all by itself on occasion. It sure makes carrying easy. But I cringe at the thought of being in a real situation, and the LCP is my only firearm.

It comes down to priorities. Make it really easy to carry, so you're always carrying? Or is a larger/heavier handgun with better ammo choices worth the extra effort or inconvenience? I still prefer the latter, but I still appreciate folks carrying a small pistol, if that is the incentive to more often carry.

The fact that you carry every day puts you far ahead of most people.
I'm not convinced that a bigger gun or more ammo is going to increase "my" safety. That is not true for everyone.
When I assess my personal safety needs the things I note are,
I don't smoke or drink so no need to be in bars, or liquor stores. We don't go out to night clubs. I have long ago cut out the questionable friends.
I don't have mortal enemy's even though i worked in a jail I did not make arrests, did not make decisions on where they were housed work assignments or how long they remained in custody.
My risks are casual contact with criminals while driving, shopping or out in public.
My small gun gives me the ability to defend myself from casual contact criminals.

I do know people that have enemy's that would be determined criminals. Those focused on doing harm and will not be afraid to shoot it out.
If I were assessing their safety needs I would be looking at protection that is effective at a greater distance and able to sustain a longer engagement.

For me, printing has always been an issue. Even with smaller guns like a G43 or Micro Dagger. At this point it doesn't seem to be a matter of the gun as much as dressing properly for EDC seeing as there are guys who conceal much larger guns seemingly without problem. In the summer (warmer) months, however, there isn't much clothing to conceal it and a somewhat form-fitting t-shirt has me printing at the butt end of the grip. This is a significant concern when you live in a county that doesn't believe you should even have a gun. But, again, people have been doing it for decades and I have to consider myself the problem rather than the gun.

For me, printing has always been an issue. Even with smaller guns like a G43 or Micro Dagger. At this point it doesn't seem to be a matter of the gun as much as dressing properly for EDC seeing as there are guys who conceal much larger guns seemingly without problem. In the summer (warmer) months, however, there isn't much clothing to conceal it and a somewhat form-fitting t-shirt has me printing at the butt end of the grip. This is a significant concern when you live in a county that doesn't believe you should even have a gun. But, again, people have been doing it for decades and I have to consider myself the problem rather than the gun.
Don't wear form fitting clothes.

Some alternatives I can think of are pocket carry in an Alabama holster, use a holster with a strut that uses your belt to force the butt end of the grip into your body (see pic below) or use a holster that carries extra deep. I used to use a galco that I could force the gun in so far that it barely sticked above waistline. I have a black point holster (like in pic below) with the strut and it helps a lot. Not the most comfortable holster though Imo. Pocket carry is by far the best for me. Never have to worry about printing or have to worry about the gun period. Like carrying an extra phone (big phone I mean) in your pocket.

0F030907-BAA4-4D3B-BE71-08D35407E1A2.png

Last Edited:
Some alternatives I can think of are pocket carry in an Alabama holster, use a holster with a strut that uses your belt to force the butt end of the grip into your body (see pic below) or use a holster that carries extra deep. I used to use a galco that I could force the gun in so far that it barely sticked above waistline. I have a black point holster (like in pic below) with the strut and it helps a lot. Not the most comfortable holster though Imo. Pocket carry is by far the best for me. Never have to worry about printing or have to worry about the gun period. Like carrying an extra phone (big phone I mean) in your pocket.

View attachment 1832469
Yep my micro dagger holster looks just like the one above. I might need a bigger wing on it or maybe a stiffer belt. Any idea on some good jeans with deep pockets? I think the micro would fit fine in larger pockets.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top