JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
PRINEVILLE, Ore. (KTVZ) – An intoxicated 65-year-old Prineville man who allegedly shot and killed a neighbor's dog and threatened a neighbor refused to come out of his home Monday evening, prompting a call-out of the Central Oregon Emergency Response Team until he surrendered and was taken into custody, police said.

Officers were dispatched around 6:40 p.m. to the report of an intoxicated male who just shot and killed a dog and threatened a neighbor in the area of NW Seventh and Ewen streets, Lt. Shane Wilson said.

Witness reports indicated the man was inside his home and was still armed.

Wilson said Prineville Police and Crook County sheriff's deputies responded and tried to get the man, identified as Jeffery Thrasher, to come out, but he refused to comply or respond to officers.

Due to the nature of the call, the Central Oregon Emergency Response Team was called in and responded to the home, the lieutenant said.

PRINEVILLE, Ore. (KTVZ) – An intoxicated 65-year-old Prineville man who allegedly shot and killed a neighbor's dog and threatened a neighbor refused to come out of his home Monday evening, prompting a call-out of the Central Oregon Emergency Response Team until he surrendered and was taken into custody, police said.

Officers were dispatched around 6:40 p.m. to the report of an intoxicated male who just shot and killed a dog and threatened a neighbor in the area of NW Seventh and Ewen streets, Lt. Shane Wilson said.

Witness reports indicated the man was inside his home and was still armed.

Wilson said Prineville Police and Crook County sheriff's deputies responded and tried to get the man, identified as Jeffery Thrasher, to come out, but he refused to comply or respond to officers.

Due to the nature of the call, the Central Oregon Emergency Response Team was called in and responded to the home, the lieutenant said.
Shoot my dog we both might end up in the ground or in prison, or at least one of us.

That's the type of thing to make me dig a big hole out in the woods and buy a bag of lime.

Then again my dogs aren't likely to be far from my side so if my dog got shot we were probably already in a shoot out. I'm not a fan of letting pets just roam about willy nilly.

Shoot my dog we both might end up in the ground or in prison, or at least one of us.

That's the type of thing to make me dig a big hole out in the woods and buy a bag of lime.

Then again my dogs aren't likely to be far from my side so if my dog got shot we were probably already in a shoot out. I'm not a fan of letting pets just roam about willy nilly.

8e3c2dcbf00030ac5c6f4055fad4475c.jpg

Last Edited:
There seems to be a 'common thread' with guys in this demographic, age wise, attitudes, opinions etc. and While maybe not to the degree of this guy I frequently encounter many of them.

They all seem to follow the same pattern - all are gun owners, extremely religious, espouse their 'self sufficiency', how they are 'prepared' (for this or that), what they do on a daily basis to maintain their 'preparedness' etc.

Of course beeotching constantly about the Gov, politicians they do not like, and everything in general is standard with them, and while in some cases I might agree with part of what they say many are very angry and express very antisocial attitudes.

Last Edited:
There seems to be a 'common thread' with guys in this demographic, age wise, attitudes, opinions etc. and While maybe not to the degree of this guy I frequently encounter many of them.

They all seem to follow the same pattern - all are gun owners, extremely religious, espouse their 'self sufficiency', how they are 'prepared' (for this or that), what they do on a daily basis to maintain their 'preparedness' etc.

Of course beeotching constantly about the Gov, politicians they do not like, and everything in general is standard with them, and while in some cases I might agree with part of what they say many are very angry and express very antisocial attitudes.
Your sample size may be a bit small, however I'll add that I feel

the same way, thereby increasing, to some degree, the

validity of your observations.

Old guys have witnessed the changes in the country and some get angry, I can't blame them because I am old too and have seen the changes too. My opinion is that some of the old gents no longer have the will to survive or just don't care anymore so they get killed for what they say. Might be suicide by cop.

Culture has been really changing in huge ways for decades now. No room for the old values I guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top