JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Don't do it, the downside outweights the benefit.

• Yes

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters
@DB is Here , one factor and not necessarily a downside, is getting used to drawing the smaller weapon. When I switched to the Ultra Carry II, the grip dimensions really stood out for me. I spend a few minutes every evening (gun unloaded of course) drawing from my holster to get muscle memory and feel so that in the event of having to draw it quickly, there will be no minute fumbling.

I realize you probably already know this but, if any new folks carry or are considering carrying, it's something to focus on.

Re standard P365 grip size (ie smallest grip), here it is with 12 round mag fyi. 15 round mag shown also.

944D4910-2A21-4C9C-95C1-4F27AF40884F.jpeg
8B79A6A9-F549-4318-AB6C-31367BA35153.jpeg

@DB is Here , one factor and not necessarily a downside, is getting used to drawing the smaller weapon. When I switched to the Ultra Carry II, the grip dimensions really stood out for me. I spend a few minutes every evening (gun unloaded of course) drawing from my holster to get muscle memory and feel so that in the event of having to draw it quickly, there will be no minute fumbling.

I realize you probably already know this but, if any new folks carry or are considering carrying, it's something to focus on.
All great points. I rotate between my .38 LCP & the G19...getting comfortable (muscle memory) with the manual of arms is critical for sure.

Sorry I thought the subject was still on downsizing ...... My apologies . ;)

I haven't been carrying as much as I'd like to. I've always carried a G19 but in the last two years I've been less apt to carry as the size often gets in the way of everyday activities. I've been considering the P365 after I shot my buddies a while back. Has anyone made the change to a smaller EDC and not felt the compromise outweighed the benefit of the larger EDC.

I did feel the P365 was very accurate, the downside is less ammo...what say you?
If downsizing to a subcompact is going to help you carry more, than do it. Yes there are tradeoffs, but a gun doesn't do you much good if you leave it at home. I carry a lot more now with a subcompact than I ever did with a mid- or full-sized gun.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top