JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It doesnt matter to me what people wear but all I know is the guy decked out in all 511 fasion stands out as gun. The few Ive seen are quite obvious even if they didnt print at all but once you suspect it makes it easier to find the printing.
Yep, some of "them" dress that way because of online games they play...a lot.
I invited a friend to go to the range as I knew he had an AR, was surprised by his attire when I picked him up, full on battle dress flack jacket full of 30rd mags/etc, but hey to each his own.
1st firing by him, after I explained the club rules was RAPID FIRE, a clear violation of range rules and signs posted everywhere:eek:.
I told him to pack up as we are leaving, and the RO shows up after hearing the noise.
Almost lost my membership right there but was able to explain/talk my way out of it.

I found out later he is a full on gamer who spends his evenings online and drinking beer.
It must be a generational thing...I'm old, he's not :confused:
:)

"...but once you suspect it makes it easier to find the printing"

ok, and the point is...?

I mostly CC, though sometime OC while fueling at gas stations where I'm a captive audience and doing discourages criminals and beggars and now, always OC in my large yard.

I wonder if this fixation on what other's do in the sphere of CCing - is newby/anxiety stuff?

I've literally (CC and OC) carried for decades without ever having a single person express their disapproval of my method. And don't care if they do. My gun, my choice as to how I carry it. If my method doesn't meet gun carrier pc guidelines, all I can do is laugh...

Perhaps, minding ones own P's & Q's when it comes to others and how they conduct their lives would lessen the anxiety?

My job requires me to wear black cargo pants and grey polo shirt. Often times after work I can't be bothered to change clothes just for the sake of not having to make more laundry. I don't care if what I wear might look tacticool or not. I got over the fashion/branding thing a long time ago.

I do not worry about printing when I carry. While I try to avoid it, I have gotten to the point that I don't care. I will wear a thin t-shirt because I like it and as long as my pistol is covered, it is good enough. I have never had an issue.

As far as tacticool or mall ninja stuff goes, I say more power to you. I own a Frankenstein SBR with a suppressor and holographic sight (a fun project!) and I own wood stocked bolt actions and lever actions. I enjoy them all. When I took the SBR to the range to get Chrono data for subs, I overheard another shooter commenting to a buddy that what I was shooting was mall ninja crap. I couldn't care less.

I OC at home and CC in public. Mainly because after buying a CC holster, I see little reason to buy an OC one (1911 OC at home and sub compact CC elsewhere).

Carry what you like how you want and dress the way you want. After all, you are the one who provides for your protection and the nay-sayers have no skin in your game.

Most folks are not that observant, wrapped up in texting, talking, wrangling kids. Probably the biggest reason so many public shootings go as far as they do, the average persons lack of situational awareness. I carry full sized guns, and while I make an effort to conceal i am sure I could be spotted, but have never been called out on it. No one suspects a kindly white haired gent of anything, it's like being invisible. Too bad for them i am not a stereotype.

Not worried.

Me either, one big advantage to a camera everywhere you go these days. Some kook spots my carry and claims that? Great, few places where there is not a camera. I would tell LEO I want the report # generated. For that I would be willing to pay some bottom feeder to see about going after them. Probably go nowhere but I would be wiling to put a little effort into it.

It is difficult to avoid printing. Thankfully, most people don't care and others pay no attention to their surroundings. I live in an open-carry state and a politically conservative environment where many folks are retired or active duty military so I'm not concerned if I print a tiny bit. You see a lot of NRA and USMC stickers, gun, Molon Labe, and 2A support decals here.

I have personalized NRA specialty plates on my car secured by a chrome reflective thin blue line license plate frame. When I lived in AZ, I had Honoring Fallen Officers plates on my car. No one ever said anything negative to me or did anything childish to my car in AZ or here. I've rehearsed a few responses just in case.

My response for a print challenge would be, "This?", pointing to the print. "This is an emergency response kit. Do you know what a single dose Epi-pen is? This kit contains more than a single shot and is only used in a life-threatening situation. Have a good day."
That? Oh, that's my colostomy bag. Wanna see?

Hey Folks,

I'd like to share a story about a man who probably thought he was concealed carrying...but could be spotted a mile away.

Today I was walking into the local liquor store and passed a man with both arms full, carrying a handle of Jack Daniels and two bottles of pop.

However it wasn't the alcohol that caught my eye.

He was wearing 511 type tan pants, a snug fitting polo shirt, and a multicam pattern baseball cap.

My first thought was "this guy is definitely carrying"

I passed about four feet away on his strong side and glanced over to his hip...sure enough there was an obvious "print" of a pistol underneath his polo shirt at his 4'oclock position.

When I came out of the store less than five minutes later he was sitting in his car, head down texting, as I passed.

I hopped in my truck and as I pulled out I noticed a sticker on the back of his windshield.

It was of an AR pattern rifle and said "Give Peace a Chance...and if that Doesn't Work I'll Cover You."

Everything about this gentleman, from his choice of clothing to the sticker on his car telegraphed "I have a gun"

I'll be no judge of fashion, or how someone wants to express their 2nd Amendment Rights, but I will take this opportunity as a reminder that "concealed is concealed".

His pistol may have been underneath his polo shirt. But it might as well have been out in broad daylight.

So if that gentleman is on this forum I'd like to say I appreciate you exercising the 2nd Amendment Rights we are so blessed to enjoy. It is your choice how you want to live your life. It is also important to be aware of the image or messages we convey...to both good guys and bad...and that the surprise gains the advantage...so please remember that "concealed means concealed"

It is the individuals choice if they want others to know they are carrying. My personal belief is that I never want anyone to know if and when I am carrying.

Safe Shooting.
Like you said, it's his choice how and when he carries.

They'll LIE. Say you were waving it around and threatening people.

Their justification for "SWATting" law-abiding citizens carrying in public places is to harass all of those trigger-happy Yosemite Sam's enough that they capitulate and self-disarm. The spectre of a law-abiding CC or OCer being shot and killed by police isn't even disguised... it's what they openly hope for. They are NOT nice people w good intentions.

The idea is to tell the 911 operator that they felt threatened and yes, lying about the OC or CCer's actions is considered acceptable. Then hang around and watch the show. Pretty sick stuff.

John Crawford Aug 5, 2014 Beavercreek, OH

"...but once you suspect it makes it easier to find the printing"

ok, and the point is...?

I mostly CC, though sometime OC while fueling at gas stations where I'm a captive audience and doing discourages criminals and beggars and now, always OC in my large yard.

I wonder if this fixation on what other's do in the sphere of CCing - is newby/anxiety stuff?

I've literally (CC and OC) carried for decades without ever having a single person express their disapproval of my method. And don't care if they do. My gun, my choice as to how I carry it. If my method doesn't meet gun carrier pc guidelines, all I can do is laugh...

Perhaps, minding ones own P's & Q's when it comes to others and how they conduct their lives would lessen the anxiety?
Perhaps it's because you live in Texas?

So was the guy in the hotel that had to crawl down the hallway before being shot by the cop.

thats a good example. So was the guy in the store buying a BB gun (still in the package) when the cop shot him dead, all because somebody called the cops "man with a gun"
Were all legal, but that doesn't stop their problem from becoming ours. Concealed means concealed.

It doesnt matter to me what people wear but all I know is the guy decked out in all 511 fasion stands out as gun. The few Ive seen are quite obvious even if they didnt print at all but once you suspect it makes it easier to find the printing.

Y'all ever seen LE execs with a fishing vest over dress shirt, slacks and a tie?

Perhaps it's because you live in Texas?

whats ironic is if one looks at the carry laws in Texas they are terribly anti-gun compared to solid blue liberal Oregon. I would think a Texan would be super criticial about being concealed and not printing or anything.

I don't advertise on my vehicles with stickers, any that come my way find their way into the workbench drawer... So I have no concerns of being singled out in a parking lot..

Typically you'll find me in jeans with an untucked polo, untucked dress shirt or untucked sport shirt. I do wear a size larger for comfort and concealment. Years ago I was obsessed with making sure I couldn't be made, mostly because I was new to carrying and was insecure. I suppose my mode
Of dress might be a giveaway...

Today, being made isn't a concern, considering more than 90% of society is heads down on their phone. One could probably walk down the street buck naked, with just a belt, holster and gun and not be noticed.

I too play the game of who's carrying, the clip of a knife is a dead give away, as are pepper spray clips, fanny packs, large cases carried on the belt and concealed carry vests... Perhaps I'm just too anal, but when I'm out and about, I like identifying those who may be of help if the unthinkable were to happen...

Perhaps I spend too much time thinking about these things.

I don't advertise on my vehicles with stickers, any that come my way find their way into the workbench drawer... So I have no concerns of being singled out in a parking lot..

Typically you'll find me in jeans with an untucked polo, untucked dress shirt or untucked sport shirt. I do wear a size larger for comfort and concealment. Years ago I was obsessed with making sure I couldn't be made, mostly because I was new to carrying and was insecure. I suppose my mode
Of dress might be a giveaway...

Today, being made isn't a concern, considering more than 90% of society is heads down on their phone. One could probably walk down the street buck naked, with just a belt, holster and gun and not be noticed.

I too play the game of who's carrying, the clip of a knife is a dead give away, as are pepper spray clips, fanny packs, large cases carried on the belt and concealed carry vests... Perhaps I'm just too anal, but when I'm out and about, I like identifying those who may be of help if the unthinkable were to happen...

Perhaps I spend too much time thinking about these things.

For decades I lived both here and AZ. Strangely enough most of that time AZ was a very red state and we could not get CC law passed. WA was blue to very blue and I had a CPL as soon as I was old enough to buy a handgun. They did used to ask you to tell them why you wanted a permit but, it was as far as I could tell a rubber stamp. In AZ we could open carry and I soured on it. In the city I got either asked to leave, or got the gasps of some moron who was scared. It was a misdemeanor to carry so I just CC'd. Now I was far more careful then of course. I was using a fanny pack before (AFAIK) the holster makers started making them for guns. No one looked twice as they were everywhere in the nice weather. One time here on Jury duty before they built more parking I took the bus there. Used my largest Uncle Mike's bag to keep the stuff I had with me. No LEO's in the court house ever gave me a second glance. You are right about the damn phones now. A hell of a lot of the world walks around face in phone and is seldom even looking where they are going.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews