JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Even the NRA sticker is a "Tell" and could gain you and your vehicle extra unwanted attention.
I won't put anything firearms related on my vehicle. I don't want someone breaking in to see if I have a lock box or other items of interest / value!
Gabby

I agree Bill. I don't advertise my interests. Not trying to impress my neighbors. :rolleyes:

Even the NRA sticker is a "Tell" and could gain you and your vehicle extra unwanted attention.
I won't put anything firearms related on my vehicle. I don't want someone breaking in to see if I have a lock box or other items of interest / value!
Gabby
It's sad that we have to hide our affiliations, due to unwarranted vandalism. I guess they've won that battle and I'm a little ashamed that I've allowed it.

It's sad that we have to hide our affiliations, due to unwarranted vandalism. I guess they've won that battle and I'm a little ashamed that I've allowed it.

I'm ashamed that you've allowed it too. ;)

Seriously though, advertising anything via decals on a vehicle isn't always the best move. When I was in HS I had a Kicker decal on my back window as I ran their subs and amps. Guess who's s*** got stolen while he was getting to second base with a girl who's name slips my, er HIS memory.....:rolleyes:

Vandalism by anti's is a fairly new phenomena; but the crooks have a long history of being on a perpetual prowl. As I got older, flying below the radar seemed like a good way to gain a slight edge. That, and staying left of bang.

I'm ashamed that you've allowed it too. ;)

Seriously though, advertising anything via decals on a vehicle isn't always the best move. When I was in HS I had a Kicker decal on my back window as I ran their subs and amps. Guess who's s*** got stolen while he was getting to second base with a girl who's name slips my, er HIS memory.....:rolleyes:
Vandalism by anti's is a fairly new phenomena; but the crooks have a long history of being on a perpetual prowl. As I got older, flying below the radar seemed like a good way to gain a slight edge. That, and staying left of bang.
Point we'll taken.

I spent a couple of weeks riding an MC on the PCH in Comifornia with a friend who is a border patrol agent.
He was carrying a glock in an OWB and I noticed that about 2" of the barrel was sticking out the bottom of his jacket.

I thought OK, we're gonna get pulled over a lot when cops see it or people see it and call it in.
That and he's usually riding at least 20mph over
Well surprisingly, that never happened. :confused:
go figure,
:)

Sure open carry is legal in a lot of places. But if ever some oxygen bandit has slipped a final cog and is moments from doing something evil to unsuspecting innocents, I'm not inclined to be the one with a sidearm on open display, broadcasting the message, "Hey! Captain Crazypants! Neutralize me first!"

I don't care if someone carries concealed or open carries. I made it clear in my post that the choice is up the the individual.

The point of my post was that sometimes, if we are not careful, we may think we are carrying concealed but accidentally do things that give away the fact we have a gun.

Thank you for this thread. It's always good to notice who in your area is armed, and when you see how someone else's weapon is noticable, it helps you avoid making the same mistakes.

I remember seeing a guy at Home Depot, he wasn't wearing all 511 'tacticool' fashion... nicely dressed actually for a Home Depot shopper, slacks and a tucked in dress shirt... but then I noticed the huge Crossbreed belt clips about 3:30.

I have a tuckable IWB but will never tuck it in. I really want to put a gun sticker on my truck... but no way will I tag my vehicle and home.

My goal is to survive initial contact.

Blending in and looking like everyone helps.

Maybe the observed individual recently had a medical issue which caused weight gain. Even a 6-8 lbs change can have that effect.

It is difficult to avoid printing. Thankfully, most people don't care and others pay no attention to their surroundings. I live in an open-carry state and a politically conservative environment where many folks are retired or active duty military so I'm not concerned if I print a tiny bit. You see a lot of NRA and USMC stickers, gun, Molon Labe, and 2A support decals here.

I have personalized NRA specialty plates on my car secured by a chrome reflective thin blue line license plate frame. When I lived in AZ, I had Honoring Fallen Officers plates on my car. No one ever said anything negative to me or did anything childish to my car in AZ or here. I've rehearsed a few responses just in case.

My response for a print challenge would be, "This?", pointing to the print. "This is an emergency response kit. Do you know what a single dose Epi-pen is? This kit contains more than a single shot and is only used in a life-threatening situation. Have a good day."

On a road trip, stopped with the family at a California In and Out right off the freeway. Like a lot of you all, I look to see who's carrying, and this place was loaded with folks, but mostly armed folks. Loaded. I didn't feel threatened as everyone seemed normal. Happen to go to the bathroom and one of these "concealed" carriers popped in as I was washing my hands. With a smile, I noted to him: "Am I the only person in this place not carrying?". He laughed and pulled out a hidden badge. Turns out a bunch of detectives in civilian clothes chose to go to lunch and they had broken up into several groups so they could all get tables.

As someone who has to travel through Portland on a weekly basis, I've come to the conclusion that putting firearm stickers on my car is not a good idea. When I first had my truck, I had a Springfield Armory decal on my truck. I was standing with a few friends smoking a cigarette near my truck and I heard some morons making conjecture about that decal and my truck. I didn't chime in but overheard it. After some thought, I figured it's better not to play the odds of coming back to my vehicle broken into or vandalized. As ridiculous as that is, I'm the only one who is going to lose in that situation so why mess around?
As far as concealed carrying is concerned, I usually carry a G43 so I rarely have to worry about imprinting but it crosses my mind constantly. I'm overly aware of my surroundings and don't want to be put in a situation that gets me noticed.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews