JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Have to say I love to rock gun tees. I favor the more "in the know" kind.
The average person don't get them, a gun guy will. Usually a good smile when they do.
AR bolt face, AK mag stencil, AR-15 Back in Black (AC/DC font), John&Mikhail&Eugene&Gaston, V V VI are some of my favs.

There's a situational and geographical component to that too though. That guy might be a lot more conspicuous in Salem or Seatac than my neck o the woods.

^ Agreed. When we lived out in eastern Oregon, open carry was very common in that area. No one, myself included, gave a rip. Where we are in southern Oregon, it is less common, though I see it from time to time. However, if you open carried in, say, Lake Oswego or Salem, I'd imagine the response would be different.

As to the OP's original point, it is a good one. I OC on my own property, but concealed in town/city. One thing the spouse and I do is whenever we acquire a new piece, holster, etc., we have the other one check it out thoroughly so that we know nothing is printing, etc.

Im right there with ya but in todays liberal world if they call the cops then their problem does become your problem.

I have "heard" some calling 911 on me a few times since Cell phones became common. I pretended I did not hear it as I figured there was zero point in trying to educate them. I often carry a 1911 and at times its not perfectly hidden when shopping or such. Never saw an LEO show up. If one did I would of course use the same common sense I always use around them.
I have often heard calls like this on others. Normally unless the call is the person with the gun looked drunk, high, or such, the call was dispatched as "Patrol check". Cop speak for, "yeah right, if someone is close by take a look, but we are not going to go look".

I'm all legal:D
They'll LIE. Say you were waving it around and threatening people.

That's not conjecture or hyperbole, it's a "strategy" loudly pushed by civilian disarmament advocates in general and quietly condoned by Bloomberg and his shill groups (MDA, Everytown) on their FB pages. The henhouse gets to cackling about their dreams of an armed citizen being TAZE'd, shot, and/or (hopefully) killed goes on and on without intervention from, well..anyone.

Their justification for "SWATting" law-abiding citizens carrying in public places is to harass all of those trigger-happy Yosemite Sam's enough that they capitulate and self-disarm. The spectre of a law-abiding CC or OCer being shot and killed by police isn't even disguised... it's what they openly hope for. They are NOT nice people w good intentions.

The idea is to tell the 911 operator that they felt threatened and yes, lying about the OC or CCer's actions is considered acceptable. Then hang around and watch the show. Pretty sick stuff.

Like I said, these are not well-intentioned Moms who just want to feel safe or care about kids or even have a valid political point-of-view that differs from our own. They're bloodthirsty shrews and cucks (like AntiFa, but even MORE cowardly). Pontificating nitwits who are way too eager to jump onto a bandwagon by any name and perfectly content in their superiority to have others do the wet-work for them if it jibes with their fanaticism.

Last Edited:
They'll LIE. Say you were waving it around and threatening people.

That's not conjecture or hyperbole, it's a "strategy" loudly pushed by civilian disarmament advocates in general and quietly condoned by Bloomberg and his shill groups (MDA, Everytown) on their FB pages. The henhouse gets to cackling about their dreams of an armed citizen being TAZE'd, shot, and/or (hopefully) killed goes on and on without intervention from, well..anyone.

Their justification for "SWATting" law-abiding citizens carrying in public places is to harass all of those trigger-happy Yosemite Sam's enough that they capitulate and self-disarm. The spectre of a law-abiding CC or OCer being shot and killed by police isn't even disguised... it's what they openly hope for. They are NOT nice people w good intentions.

The idea is to tell the 911 operator that they felt threatened and yes, lying about the OC or CCer's actions is considered acceptable. Then hang around and watch the show. Pretty sick stuff.

Like I said, these are not well-intentioned Moms who just want to feel safe or care about kids or even have a valid political point-of-view that differs from our own. They're bloodthirsty shrews and cucks (like AntiFa, but even MORE cowardly). Pontificating nitwits who are way to eager to jump onto a bandwagon by any name and perfectly content in their superiority to have others do the wet-work for them if it jibes with their fanaticism.
Not worried.

^ Agreed. When we lived out in eastern Oregon, open carry was very common in that area. No one, myself included, gave a rip. Where we are in southern Oregon, it is less common, though I see it from time to time. However, if you open carried in, say, Lake Oswego or Salem, I'd imagine the response would be different.

As to the OP's original point, it is a good one. I OC on my own property, but concealed in town/city. One thing the spouse and I do is whenever we acquire a new piece, holster, etc., we have the other one check it out thoroughly so that we know nothing is printing, etc.

Yeah, we know you just like checking out the wife's buttt. Good on ya.

I'm for staying under the radar. I don't want people to know what my interests are. I never discuss firearms with non-cognoscenti. The more people know what you've got, the more some may be apt to want to make it theirs. Or call the sheriff for no good reason and report that they "know someone who has a bunch of guns and ammo" at their house.

Stickers or any other political or cause ornamentation isn't on my vehicles. I don't want to make them a target for break-in or for getting a brick thrown through the back glass. If you're crossing from Wash. to BC, having an NRA sticker on your window can get you pulled into the "deeper inquiry" lane.

Just like the general population, not all gun fanciers are reasonable people. Some like to show off that they are carrying a gun. Which in part defeats the idea of concealed carry. And perhaps makes them a target for a bad guy who is stronger than them and will take their gun away in a trick move.

Those assholic, provocative stickers that some gun owner radicals have in their back windows do more harm than good. It may seem cute, but it's bad PR. Especially now that mass shooting incidents have inflamed the minds of many otherwise uncommitted middle voters. Just my opinion.

With respect to the OP and his opinion,

Its not a perfect world. Firearms will print, we're not all the same body type, frame, size..etc. what works well for some does not for others. Some folks broadcast some don't.
Granted it sounds more like this guy may be living the tactical, sheepdog, 3per lifestyle.. but still, as long as he conducts himself responsibly.. no big deal.
Personally I dislike the ashamed fudd mentality of having to constantly worry or hide my firearm(s) to appease others. If it prints, it prints. 80% concealed or the attempt there of should suffice. That and maintaining situational awareness while carrying.

Sure he may have had the "look" paired with the broadcasting stickers on his vehicle, but odds are he's supporting 2A rights.. most 3pers at least aid in the defense of 2A rights. Outspoken or not, Id still rather not shame someone simply for being proud of their rights and the hobby.

And sure, the stickers on his vehicle may attract attention and he could be robbed, but that is his journey. No sense in trying to police it. I myself dont put stickers on my vehicle due to work as well as the robbery variable. Just not worth it, besides I slap those product stickers I get with my gear on my safes and cases.

Last Edited:
I always carry IWB and have only been called out one time for printing. It was a female clerk in a small convenience store. I figure she assesses the threat of every person that walks through the door. Good on her for that, all she said was "what are you packing" followed by a short chat about guns and what she has. Walked away very impressed.

I generally dislike bumper stickers... always have. But I do have a few on my twuck. There is an old "I'm the NRA and I vote" sticker. And a "Veteran" sticker and a "Lifeflight Member" sticker. The Tahoe that we used to own had a "I'll keep my guns, my money, and my bible and you keep the change" bumpersticker on it. Around here they are fine and we're not worried about vandalism or break-ins but if we travel it could be a different story. We just got back from signing a "Flush Her Down" petition... they also had bumper stickers and I was tempted.

As for printing or open carry. I won't open carry... I don't need the attention. But it's not unusual here and I like to see it... have never seen an AR open carry tho. Printing... yah, I don't care. The more carrying, the better! I mentioned before that I complemented an older gal on her MAGA hat, said somebody might try to knock it off her, and she said "let them try"... then she pulled up her blouse and showed me her carry weapon. I said she wasn't supposed to do that and she just laughed. The cashier asked if the customer was carrying and when I said yes said, "I like that. Customers carrying makes me feel safe".

To the gun fashionistas: " You say, I carry this way, "therefore you must too".

You say, I wear these kinda clothes "you must too".

You say, I speak this way "you must too".

You say, I express myself this way "you must too".

There's a word (maybe more than one) for this ahem, perspective!

Anyone care to guess what it is or what they are?

To the gun fashionistas: " You say, I carry this way, "therefore you must too".

You say, I wear these kinda clothes "you must too".

You say, I speak this way "you must too".

You say, I express myself this way "you must too".

There's a word (maybe more than one) for this ahem, perspective!

Anyone care to guess what it is or what they are?

Funny, I don't read anywhere here where someone says anyone must do anything...

Agreed.

I find when 'gun fashionistas' seem to look askance when other carriers don't conform to what 'they' find gun this or that acceptable, I can't help but do an eye-roll....

Have to say I love to rock gun tees. I favor the more "in the know" kind.
The average person don't get them, a gun guy will. Usually a good smile when they do.
AR bolt face, AK mag stencil, AR-15 Back in Black (AC/DC font), John&Mikhail&Eugene&Gaston, V V VI are some of my favs.
I have "2A" in mailbox type letters stuck on the top my MC tank, just behind the filler cap, to hide a badly applied, clear coated over, spider decal.
I don't "carry" while riding as my strong hand is busy operating the throttle so it's more like transporting.
Even gun people who I ride with have asked what that "2A" means o_O
Shocking I know, but just another covert message like a tee that gun people should get.
:)
Edit: Tank bought used to replace the rusted-out original and grafted on.
Pic of area where "2A" was applied: Shascot2 (2).JPG

Last Edited:
It doesnt matter to me what people wear but all I know is the guy decked out in all 511 fasion stands out as gun. The few Ive seen are quite obvious even if they didnt print at all but once you suspect it makes it easier to find the printing.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews