JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Five years ago we gave up, realizing our pro 2A votes did not matter in CA...and moved to Oregon, where they matter slightly more.
Sad

Thank God! I'd been assuming that all we get from Cali these days are already lost causes. Then on top of that, I hear people talk about leaving Oregon. What I keep hoping to hear is that Oregon is the last bastion on hope on the West Coast, so current residents will stay here and fight (because hey, Oregon is worth fighting for), and pro 2A people from Cali/Wash will move here too, to be part of that hope.

So, though it's been five years, WELCOME to OREGON, bring your like-minded friends!!! (and, discourage your non-like-minded "friends"... Remember, it rain 8 out of 7 days of the week up here, and sometimes snows! Surely California is the place to be...) ; - )

Thank you for the welcome! And more good news...I'm in Cali right now, earning money I promise to spend in Oregon, and met another conservative who is in the process of moving to Newport! I agree, Oregon is wonderful and worth saving.

And more news regarding this thread, I'm researching if non-residents can bring ammo into the state. So far the laws I have found apply to California residents brining back ammo into the state. There is a conflict between what the legislators passed and what the voters passed in some of these area. Currently it looks like the state is picking an choosing which laws they want to follow, some from each provision (surprised?) I'm going the call the AG's office in the next few days and see what they tell me. Not legal advice of course.;)

Oregon is wonderful and worth saving.
Yes I agree also, but its tough fight currently with Dems running the show.
Currently it looks like the state is picking an choosing which laws they want to follow, some from each provision (surprised?) I'm going the call the AG's office in the next few days and see what they tell me. Not legal advice of course.;)
Sorry to say, its not surprising... look at the illegal issue and sanctuary city policy... its a what works for us game.

Thank you for the welcome! And more good news...I'm in Cali right now, earning money I promise to spend in Oregon, and met another conservative who is in the process of moving to Newport! I agree, Oregon is wonderful and worth saving.

Excellent, keep up the good work. :)

And more news regarding this thread, I'm researching if non-residents can bring ammo into the state. So far the laws I have found apply to California residents brining back ammo into the state. There is a conflict between what the legislators passed and what the voters passed in some of these area. Currently it looks like the state is picking an choosing which laws they want to follow, some from each provision (surprised?) I'm going the call the AG's office in the next few days and see what they tell me. Not legal advice of course.;)

Interesting, I'll be curious to hear your findings.

Yes I agree also, but its tough fight currently with Dems running the show.
Sorry to say, its not surprising... look at the illegal issue and sanctuary city policy... its a what works for us game.

Agreed. It's certainly not easy, but I do think it's worth it. I've been to most of the states, and in my opinion, from a "what the land/area/geography/nature" has to offer point of view, I think Oregon is hard to beat. Hills, mountains, valleys, lakes, oceans/beaches, deserts, rivers, forest, and everything else green... There's just so much beauty here for those who love the outdoors. I do think that, weather wise, Southern California has some trades off (less green, more sun), and if it weren't for the political climate, could be a nice place to live, but the politics/cost of living rules it out entirely in my book. I think Washington is nice, but not quite as nice as Oregon, between the 3 west coast states, Oregon is mostly the best, and currently, again, in my opinion, has the least terrible politics and has the best chance of being saved from becoming part of the "West Coast Wall." I hope we stay (and even enlarge) the hole in the middle of the West Coast Wall, to keep hope alive on the West Coast. :)

Okay, have to share this. I'm in So Cal at the moment. Went into a Bass Pro Shop to wander around. Get to the area where they stock their ammo. It is now all locked up behind glass! (A requirement of the new law.) You have to take a number at the firearms counter to have someone help you get you box of .22 (at double the PNW price likely. The amount of ammo now out for sale is maybe 20% if what I saw there last year (it looks like there are adding more of the glass cases).

Went to my local guy (for down there) who has a really nice mostly reloading shop. He has his stuff behind bars as well. We chatted for a while about how screwed up the laws are and the several conflicts that he is awaiting clarification on.

It's like spray paint down here has been locked up like this for 15+ years and it has completely solved the graffiti problem....oh wait, it's horrible down here compared to Oregon!

The good news is that from here I have a quick trip to Tennessee, the patron state of shootin' stuff. (movie anyone???)

Yep that where an illegal immigrant killed Kate Steinle's was found not guilty of murder. Such hypocrisy in California and other western states these days. The west coast voted for Hillary.

Kate Steinle's accused killer found not guilty of murder, to be deported
Yep he will be deported then 4 months later he will be back HOW MANY TIMES WAS HE DEPORTED BEFORE F@#_&_-+( joke give me a break this guy should be hanging from the flag pole at the end of the peir where he killed KATE right under the U.S. flag

When the Sheriff takes an oath to upload the Constitution, how does that fit in with them enforcing California law?

Always wondered how they rationalize that. Same could be said for any county or state.

When the Sheriff takes an oath to upload the Constitution, how does that fit in with them enforcing California law?

Always wondered how they rationalize that. Same could be said for any county or state.
This is up to the feds Immigration is a federal government law the president and the department of Homeland security has say on who gets in the country ALL THESE MAYORS AND GOVERNOR'S THAT SAY THEY HAVE SANCTUARY CITYS IR STATES ARE BREAKING FEDERAL LAW AND SHOULD BE ARRESTED AND AS FAR AS IM CONCERNED HUNG FOR TREASON

There is a legal way to get into this country just like there is a legal way for you to own a SUPPRESSOR or a SBR FILE THE PAPER WORK AND WAIT if you pass the check you get your GUN or Suppressor .and if you pass the check you get your green card a citizen ship

There is a legal way to get into this country just like there is a legal way for you to own a SUPPRESSOR or a SBR FILE THE PAPER WORK AND WAIT if you pass the check you get your GUN or Suppressor .and if you pass the check you get your green card a citizen ship

It can be difficult to become a citizen. I worked with a guy who immigrated from the Philippines on a visa. Guy was smart as heck and was in the tech industry. He was married with 2 kids still in the Philippines he had to support. It took him 7 years, despite working for a fortune 500 company for all 7 of it. He only finally became a citizen after hiring a lawyer, which was over $5,000.

The system isn't as easy as it appears but that still doesn't mean you can come here and not play by the rules.

My wife and three kids are permanent resident aliens who are Australian nationals. I (a U.S. Citizen) did all the paperwork myself without any outside help. All government forms come with instructions and detail the required supporting documents and standards. There's a 7-yr waiting period to apply for Citizenship that starts after your conditional 2-yr resident alien status is upgraded to permanent resident alien.

The hardest part was enduring the BUBBLEGUMMEND attitude of the Consulate employees... you'da thought I was a child molester (or something) by the way they treated me and my family, but they sure didn't have any problem sucking up our money as soon as my wallet opened up. o_O

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top