JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It can be difficult to become a citizen. I worked with a guy who immigrated from the Philippines on a visa. Guy was smart as heck and was in the tech industry. He was married with 2 kids still in the Philippines he had to support. It took him 7 years, despite working for a fortune 500 company for all 7 of it. He only finally became a citizen after hiring a lawyer, which was over $5,000.

The system isn't as easy as it appears but that still doesn't mean you can come here and not play by the rules.

It's not supposed to be easy. We designed it that way to keep out the riff raff. We don't want the average guy off the street from these various countries. We don't need that many fruit pickers. We need highly educated people who will come here and support themselves instead of us supporting them.

Oregon would have to create the law - California has no say. I can't imagine any border dealer wanting to have to do this as they stand to sell a lot more ammo.

I wouldn't put it past those in the OR legislature to pass a law to help out their heroes down south to punish as many gun owners as possible. Would you?

Ray

It's not supposed to be easy. We designed it that way to keep out the riff raff. We don't want the average guy off the street from these various countries. We don't need that many fruit pickers. We need highly educated people who will come here and support themselves instead of us supporting them.

Yet it's so cumbersome legitimate people are being delayed while the riff raff comes in anyway. If someone wants to come work and become a citizen, we should be more open as we both know there's a ton of people who were born here who dont work, from all demographics.

If you are riff raff you aren't filling out forms anyway.

Yet it's so cumbersome legitimate people are being delayed while the riff raff comes in anyway. If someone wants to come work and become a citizen, we should be more open as we both know there's a ton of people who were born here who dont work, from all demographics.

If you are riff raff you aren't filling out forms anyway.

So how long have you two been racists?

Can someone show me the sarcasm emoji?

Since when did getting an education become a race issue. If you come here without an education you are destined to work at the bottom. It has nothing to do with race.

Seems like everything ends up being a "Race" issue these days. One only needs to listen to the MSM for twenty minutes or so to see it.

Here's something we can hope for... California continues to go over-the-top crazy enough that all lovers of freedom and the constitution will feel compelled to move to Oregon, changing the demographic here. We can then be a bastion of hope on the West Coast, California eventually implodes from its own idiocracy, and then, a, freedom loving neighboring state to the North of them can help them recover to be a free state again. ; - )

Here's something we can hope for... California continues to go over-the-top crazy enough that all lovers of freedom and the constitution will feel compelled to move to Oregon, changing the demographic here. We can then be a bastion of hope on the West Coast, California eventually implodes from its own idiocracy, and then, a, freedom loving neighboring state to the North of them can help them recover to be a free state again. ; - )

Actually, they have been leaving and turning everywhere they moved into exactly what they left behind in the PDRK.

Ray

The Legal means to becoming a U.S. Citizen are far more repressive then needed! The vetting process can be handled in under 2 years once the papers are submitted, and the test could be handled at any Fed courthouse, BUT NO, We had to go through 9 years+ of constant Krap, get treated like krap, and then had to make an appointment a YEAR in advance to drive all the frickin way to San Francisco to finalize every thing so my lovely bride could become a honest tax paying U.S. Citizen! Stomper is correct, the Consulate makes you feel all nasty, and they treat you like some child molester! I feel all nasty just posting this! I hired a really good Lawyer to handle all the papers and navigate the many hurdles, and it was still a nightmare, especially in the beginning as we were trying to figure it all out! Then there were all the different Visa's that were required, and "Up Grade Status" at each step, all requiring a extensive check, and a large fee! Friggin KRAP if you was to ask me!

Ura-Ki, if you don't like the process, don't apply. I do thank you for doing your immigration the legal way. Most don't have the courage or longevity to do it legally. Now that you have done it, US is a great place to be, despite our governmental issues.

Ura-Ki, if you don't like the process, don't apply. I do thank you for doing your immigration the legal way. Most don't have the courage or longevity to do it legally. Now that you have done it, US is a great place to be, despite our governmental issues.
I disagree with your statement. I too have gone through the process. Ura-Ki should be commended for doing it legally. A week or so back the was some government nutter in New Mexico calling Dreamers American. I think thats so twisted. French are French. Germabs are Germans and Americans are American. It has nothing to do with race or color.

I do find it telling that the Dems largely target or show Mexicans as being Dreamers. Thats in itself is more than just a little racist. There aee people from all backgrounds here illegally.

Like they changed the demographics of Bend?

No, that's not what I was hoping for... I specifically said "...all lovers of freedom and the constitution will feel compelled to move to Oregon..." The Devil's in the details, and I'm hoping the non-devil will be the ones to move... If they got rid of all the guns, all the anti-2A people can move to Cali to experience their planned utopia of a gun-free state. ;-)

No, that's not what I was hoping for... I specifically said "...all lovers of freedom and the constitution will feel compelled to move to Oregon..." The Devil's in the details, and I'm hoping the non-devil will be the ones to move... If they got rid of all the guns, all the anti-2A people can move to Cali to experience their planned utopia of a gun-free state. ;-)

Oh yes I know. Not what I hoped for either.

Not likely, but the exodus of Freedom loving Californians can happen.... I have life long cousins from San Diego. The stereotypical demagogue of Southern California. One of my female cousins pulled up stakes, moved to Alaska, and has become as Freedom Loving as any life long resident of Alaska or Northern Idaho.

I don't know, numbers wise, how many "Lovers of Freedom" would have to leave simultaneously, to turn the tide. It's not likely gonna happen. Small numbers leave for elsewhere, but they are overwhelmed with the status-quo political arena of the place they've moved to. I keep hoping for a 51st state.

I keep hoping for a 51st state.

They keep trying.............

Grievance 1 against California to be Declared January 23, 2018
New California declares 'independence' from California in bid to become 51st state

They need to add a really strong gun rights statement to their Constitution.
https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/720c6a07-3594-44b7-8098-94fc11bae240/downloads/1c10aidfc_776427.pdf

I wish them luck and really hope they succeed/secede, but I don't think that it will happen.

Ray

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top