JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well that is balls.

But I am sure the tax revenue will eliminate crime and violence. Right after it ends racism and solves world hunger.

Wow, I wonder what happened to the thread I started on this same subject. Seems it was deleted.

No idea why you can't see it.

Will move yours to "general" & merge the 2...

Edit: threads merged. I had thought @The Heretic thread was in general & yours was in legal. It wasn't, they both were in legal. Will stay here for a bit...

I NEED MORE COFFEE!

Last Edited:

No idea why you can't see it.

Will move yours to "general" & merge the 2...

Edit: threads merged. I had thought @The Heretic thread was in general & yours was in legal. It wasn't, they both were in legal. Will stay here for a bit...

I NEED MORE COFFEE!
Yeah - anything to do with a law or legislation or courts/etc. - I put into one of the two law/legal sub forums

I understand your emotion but it's not really a tax on the 2A.

Hey I am NOT in favor of this at all but don't forget - we have been paying an excise tax since 1937 - the Pittman-Robertson Act tax - othewise know as the Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration.

The excise tax is set by law at 11% of the wholesale price for long guns and ammunition and 10% for handguns. It is paid by manufacturers, producers, and importers and applies to all commercial sales and imports, However don't think for a minute it hasn't been 'tacked on' to retail prices.
Playing semantics with whether it's a tax or not is pointless. The real question is: Is it an infringement on the right to keep and bear arms? To which I emphatically say YES!

The feds have charged a tax on all sporting goods since the 1930's it's called the PittmanRobertson Act Consrvation tax. So the the added state taxes double the fun. My dad always said that the government may not be able to take away our firearms but that would tax us the point that we would no longer be able to afford them.
They are doing a bang up job so far. Also all you Californicators moving to Idaho please go back home, you are not welcome here!!!

One difference:

In the early 1900s, when many wildlife species were disappearing or declining, the firearms and ammunition industry asked Congress to impose an excise tax on the sale of firearms and ammunition to help fund wildlife conservation in the United States. The resulting Pittman-Robertson (P-R) Act, passed in 1937, is now known as Federal Aid in Wildlife Restoration.

(^^^ my emphasis)

Much more at the link above.

Bruce

Didn't some guys dump tea in some harbor in protest of being taxed and not being represented? History just keeps repeating itself…
They dumped the tea in protest for a tax on tea. This is a tax on guns and ammo. If you guys start dumping those in the harbor, at least be courteous and send me the GPS coordinates.

Newsom sign into law today the additional 11% tax on firearms, ammo, and parts. He also signed two additional firearm laws. One severely limiting where those with concealed carry permits can carry. The other requires microstamping for all semi-automatic pistols sold after July 1, 2028.

CBS News

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews