JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Id like to sell but didnt want to put up an ad only to find out its illegal or something.
From how I read it, enactment was July 13th of 2023. Was there a 1 year delay in HB2005 I'm missing?

Last Edited:
From how I read it, enactment was July 13th of 2023. Was there a 1 year delay in HB2005 I'm missing?

Sec 10 says the amendments to Sec 4, by Sec 8 all takes effect by Sept 1st , 2024.

Edit. So it seems until Sept 1st, 2024, we can possess unfinished firearms.. but we can't sell or whatever from July 13th onwards?

Sec 10 says the amendments to Sec 4, by Sec 8 all takes effect by Sept 1st , 2024.

Edit. So it seems until Sept 1st, 2024, we can possess unfinished firearms.. but we can't sell or whatever from July 13th onwards?
That was my understanding. That subsection making it a non offense prior to Sept 1 only applies to paragraph (2)(a) of section 5.

1712505490544.png

.... not the imports, offer to sell, sell or transfer section 5(1)(a).

I know WGL did a vid and said July 13 was the enactment date and lowers had to be serialized by then, but as far as I know... he was mistaken. The July 13 date was indeed the enactment date, but that was in 2023, and serialization isn't required until Sept 1, 2024.

I sent him an email, but I haven't noticed him make any correction to his previous video. He might have though. I'm not subscribed any longer and haven't paid close attention.

Last Edited:
So I guess @old greg is SOL if he wanna get rid of it unless he gives to police or pay FFL to serialize it to sell/transfer? :rolleyes:
Well... if he's got a backyard and a shovel.... ;)

He could serialize it or chop it I guess. I wouldn't even bother handing it over to police and aide any anti-2A statistics.

As soon as sept 1st rolls around, so standing can me shown, it probably won't be long for a lawsuit to be filed. I'm really not sure how anyone would ever know if a guy had a chunk of plastic or metal floating around somewhere, but to each their own.

If a person takes to a ffl for serialization, do they need to do a bgc to possess something they already do? This law is pretty clear, like mud. I bought several lowers and screwed up every one in the process, ended up tossing them in the trash but would really like to actually build one, serialized or not. Doesn't look like I'll be able to as they aren't available.

If a person takes to a ffl for serialization, do they need to do a bgc to possess something they already do? This law is pretty clear, like mud. I bought several lowers and screwed up every one in the process, ended up tossing them in the trash but would really like to actually build one, serialized or not. Doesn't look like I'll be able to as they aren't available.
No. It's a simple gunsmithing service. No BGC or ID is required.

You "can" still buy and build them... so long as they are serialized by the mfg... that does require a BGC and FFL like any other firearm. Previously owned does not.

No. It's a simple gunsmithing service. No BGC or ID is required.

You "can" still buy and build them... so long as they are serialized by the mfg... that does require a BGC and FFL like any other firearm. Previously owned does not.
Good to know, it's more about the challenge of a project for me vs having off the books firearms.

On that note, since they don't comply with the Constitution, then why should anyone comply with their BS?
Because "THEY" will take all of your wealth, and throw you in jail for years - even though "They" are aware of the illegality.

"They" were placed into office by 90% of the population that has 90% of the wealth and lives in 10% of the state.

How do you think "They" ended up with 90% of the wealth in the first place?

So is there a specific serial number I need to have? Or is it just made up and the FFL puts it onto the frame? Also does Oregon law supersede Federal law? If the court rules against serialized frames do we still need to do it? I know if it was completed in 2019 then it's g2g but if after what is my course of action?

So is there a specific serial number I need to have? Or is it just made up and the FFL puts it onto the frame? Also does Oregon law supersede Federal law? If the court rules against serialized frames do we still need to do it? I know if it was completed in 2019 then it's g2g but if after what is my course of action?
There is a specific format the FFL's must follow. Part of which contains a portion of the FFL's license number so it can be traced back to the FFL that applied it. And theoretically to the FFL's records of who they applied it for. If you actually give the FFL your real name, although, no ID is actually required for gunsmithing services.

Just sayin... :D

Taking into account that FFL's store policies can vary, but there is no legal requirement to do so.

Because it was passed through the OR legislature then yes. Even if the alphabet "rule" is negated, the State law will still apply with regard to possession of a firearm without a SN being illegal.

The 2019 grandfather clause was for a Washington state law. Not Oregon. HB2005 has no grandfathering provision and applies to all PMF's, no matter when it was constructed.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top