COMMIEFORNIA IS AT IT AGAIN! California Gun Owners Rush To Stock Up On Ammo Before New Law

Discussion in 'Firearm Laws & Legal' started by Sniper03, Dec 29, 2017.

1. turbo_vanner

turbo_vanner
    Portland

there is going to be a HUGE black market for ammo down there. I know if I lived there I would just be smuggling it in bulk from a neighbor state..... "any fruits, plants or ammunition sir?" "no." "have a nice day" "thanks, you too".

Gene Rojas and Slobray like this.
  2. Barone20

Barone20
    Damascus

These laws are all crap and piss me off!
    I don’t know how these people can look in the mirror and say they are proud to be Americans.

jrd541280 likes this.
  3. RVTECH

RVTECH
    Wickiup Junction

Personally I was REALLY surprised reloading escaped all this - for now. No doubt it will be addressed - hard to say how but probably similarly to ammo - having to buy components from a 'legal' dealer and limits on amounts. I foresee tracking of purchases with some sort of customer database.

4. rscinsc

rscinsc
    PDX Area
    Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

So, what about non-residents? I am looking to attend the 2018 Western IDPA Championship...but wondering if this is still possible???
    1. Can a non resident bring ammunition into the state? Besides this match, my wife and i sometimes travel to NV, and we have ammo in the car?
    2. Can a non resident buy pistol ammunition in CA?
    3. I understand there is a shooting range exemption...but this will be held at a large club; not a small indoor range.
    Thanks for any informed responses...maybe from our Southern OR friends who deal with this issue?

5. RVTECH

RVTECH
    Wickiup Junction

Good question- however I suspect with the way the law is written it would preclude this as it would create an avenue for ammo to get to California residents - or it’s not addressed at all - still seems to be a lot of ‘what ifs’ And ‘grey’ areas with this law and I wouldn’t be surprised if it applies to non-residents also.

6. nwslopoke

nwslopoke
    forest grove

Of course Google what Cal gov sites you can but The Daily Shooter on yt has a lot of info. Those gov sites can have a lot of info but not say much. Up to this year I would travel to Ca with a pistol & ammo packed away to be useless in an emergency but I still took it. Not anymore.

7. Slobray

Slobray
    Yelm, WA

Sounds like it's time to change the location of the Western IDPA Championship.

Ray

albin25 likes this.