JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Second Amendment haters of Commiefornia are once again at it!!

California Gun Owners Rush To Stock Up On Ammo Before New Law Takes Effect

You've heard of the California "Gold Rush" of 1849, well, this is the California "Ammo Rush" of 2017!

California gun owners are sprinting to stock up on ammunition before a new law bans home deliveries. Next year, ammunition can no longer be shipped to your home in The Golden State. It'll have to be sent to a firearms dealer with a federal firearms license or any other entity that's been approved by the Department of Justice. And yes, a background check will be required prior to the transfer.

The anti-gun politicians that plague the West Coast state can't get rid of firearms, so they are going after ammunition. This assault on the 2nd Amendment, is not only sickening, but unconstitutional as Hell!

Just of Information.
Beginning January 1, 2018 no ammunition purchased by law abiding citizens can no longer be shipped direct to their door step. It must be shipped to a State Authorized FFL Dealer. Any of our friends living in Commiefornia better get busy this week an order ammunition!o_O

Sniper 03

Last Edited:
This has been known for a while, but it is a good reminder.

I think that also you cannot go out of state to buy and import ammo either, but I could be wrong.

Some years ago I gave my brother who lives in S. Calif a case of ammo for one of his rifles.

Wife has family in California, sent my brother in law gift cards for Christmas so he could stock up before the 1/1/18 chokehold on Constitutional and Civil Rights continues.

But honestly, Californians only have themselves to blame, they keep voting in the same ole, same ole legislators...

Kinda like Oregon and Washington :eek:

Wife has family in California, sent my brother in law gift cards for Christmas so he could stock up before the 1/1/18 chokehold on Constitutional and Civil Rights continues.

But honestly, Californians only have themselves to blame, they keep voting in the same ole, same ole legislators...

Kinda like Oregon and Washington :eek:

Not everyone in California votes the same. There are a lot of people who did not vote for liberals or their agenda. Unfortunately, they are in the minority.

This is what the Constitution is supposed to prevent; you are not supposed to be able to enact laws that infringe on your constitutional rights. Unfortunately, almost right from the beginning, our court system simply did not understand that fact, especially with regards to the second amendment.

This has been known for a while, but it is a good reminder.

I think that also you cannot go out of state to buy and import ammo either, but I could be wrong.

Some years ago I gave my brother who lives in S. Calif a case of ammo for one of his rifles.
From what I have read via Calguns, you can't cross back in to Cali with more than 50 rounds.

From what I have read via Calguns, you can't cross back in to Cali with more than 50 rounds.

New gun restrictions are coming to California in 2018. Here's what they mean to you

Can I drive in ammunition I bought out of state?
No. On Jan. 1, it will be illegal to import into California ammunition purchased in another state. The legislature passed a bill in 2016 that would have allowed hunters to bring in up to 50 rounds from out of state without taking it to a dealer, but Proposition 63 overrode that, according to the Department of Justice.

Will there be a limit on how much ammo I can buy?

Read more here: New gun restrictions are coming to California in 2018. Here's what they mean to you

Interesting. So residents or not, no driving across the border with any ammo at all?

Ok - so I won't be going into Calif. with my vehicle unless I plan on passing thru without stopping (FOPA).

Five years ago we gave up, realizing our pro 2A votes did not matter in CA...and moved to Oregon, where they matter slightly more. I'm down there often to work (spending the money up here) and this is only one of the many issues. A huge issue is with the list of approved handguns that can be sold by dealers. My friend down there researched how it is has been shrinking since inception. I just looked at the CA DOJ website. Page for newly added handguns on the roster. Zero firearms. Pages for recently removed handguns. 61 PAGES! Two names I did not see on the current approved list, Colt and Remington.

My new issue is that I'm not sure if I can bring ammo into the state for my carry gun. Is that importing?

Sad

My new issue is that I'm not sure if I can bring ammo into the state for my carry gun. Is that importing?

Sad

My understand is that yes, that would be importing. Nice little trick there huh?

Ammo controls are something the anti-gunners have been pushing for years because they know that without ammo a gun is useless. Now California has made major strides to that kind of control, and you are right, it will only get worse. We can now expect yet more control on types and quantities of ammo that can be bought, then restrictions on types and quantities of ammo that can be possessed.

Just opinion but you really have to look at the style of government to understand kali gun laws. You can't just look at the gun laws but you must look at how those in government look at you. The gun laws are derived from a belief that America is in a state of decline and you must be controlled with said gun laws. The last 8 years you had less than 2% growth and 94 million Americans unemployed or under employed, America was dying. So of course gun controls are the answer for a government that was helping it die.

Look at the west coast states, all of them in lock step on more gun controls, higher taxes and fewer jobs. The common thing with all three is they are run by democrats. If you want a better life, these folks are not your answer in government.

Sounds like the voters and politicians in the "Valley". Politicians that need to control the people, and voters who continually elect them.

As long as "the valley" controls what is otherwise a wonderful state, we will remain in lock-step with California.

Last Edited:
Sounds like the voters and politicians on the "Valley Floor" of Oregon.

If you look at the voting record my area isn't a democrat area. It's ok though because we are all in the same boat together, the Titanic :D 65 years I have done my best to keep this a good place to live but it doesn't matter once the outsiders took control of government. It's change and life is full of change.

Problem is the metropolitan areas in the three left Coast states. Those in outlying areas have no voice it seems.

You would think people would tire of the gun controls and taxes enough to vote in better government but change comes so slowly people would rather move out that put up with it. Kali gun and ammo controls are far beyond reason in a free society but there are offsets that people think are more important than freedom I guess.

That is my point. And unfortunately, these metro centers are swelling.
I'm fascinated by how as left leaning as Salem is how we still manage to avoid (so far) the extremism of the state's above and below us. For how long though is the question. After that, then what?

I'm fascinated by how as left leaning as Salem is how we still manage to avoid (so far) the extremism of the state's above and below us. For how long though is the question. After that, then what?

I don't think we avoided anything, we just haven't caught up with the other states. One thing that has helped is the gun clubs and organizations. There are over 2600 members in just the ARPC plus add in the hunters and fishermen which makes a fair voting block and tax base. Lots of gun clubs in Oregon, it's why the promotion of the shooting sports are so important and this place helps build that.

We have our rights only as long as we use them, give up shooting and kailifornia here we come.o_O

Lots of conservative Oregonians keep their legislators busy during the legislative season. I know, I'll personally be spending considerable time keeping them busy. They need to hear from us, from all of us, so they don't forget how large a base the gun owning public really is...

In my opinion, what we're seeing is a slow-motion coup - not just of the USA, but of Western Civilization. Part of an ongoing, global war.

The OIC has been at work for decades, funded by oil money. They have a great deal of influence in the U.N. and make no bones about what they want: islam's complete domination of the world.

"The Organization is the collective voice of the Muslim world."

Link to OIC's website:

Organisation of Islamic Cooperation

For anyone interested in knowing more about those guys, have a look at Bill Warner's work:

King George tried to confiscate weapons and gunpowder during the lead-up to the American Revolution. The anti-gunners are trying the same thing. The universal BGC provides those in power with a list of gun owners; this new law in California will give them a list of who has ammo in that state.

The American Revolution against British Gun Control

"This Article reviews the British gun control program that precipitated the American Revolution: the 1774 import ban on firearms and gunpowder; the 1774-75 confiscations of firearms and gunpowder; and the use of violence to effectuate the confiscations. It was these events that changed a situation of political tension into a shooting war. Each of these British abuses provides insights into the scope of the modern Second Amendment."

Our leaders keep telling us that we're "not at war with islam". But islam is very definitely at war with us. The leftists and their ilk are weakening Western nations while simultaneously importing as many muslims as they can. President Obama did an outstanding job of weakening the USA militarily, morally, and economically. We're in deep trouble, and I fully expect this political/cultural/moral war to get very, very bloody.

The fact that our elected leaders know who has guns & ammo is extremely dangerous.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top