JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Awesome in the respect that the toddler is safe and the scum bag is dead and cannot do harm to anyone else, nor will we he be clogging up our court system and draining tax dollars.

I am pretty sure the average "schmoe" won't find himself in an hostage negoation situation. Excellent work by a seasoned, calm, well prepared professional.

Probably not. But if you were the guy with the shopping basket and armed??.....good to use as a "what if " and "what would I do " scenario review.

The LEO had a little bit of time to analyze and formulate a plan. The one LEO who brought the chair in was watching the other LEO, and his glance said " I know what you are going to do".

If you possibly had the shot, before the LEO arrived, it would have to be very similar, up close and point blank. ...These are good to review for training purposes.

Only cops have a license to kill. If you ever have the need to draw/fire/kill, pretty much assume your life is over unless a group of children are hugging you afterward and calling you hero for the cameras.

When you say you are going to kill the child and start a countdown, what do you expect is going to happen? Nice work by the LEO involved.

I was trying to think if I could take that shot. I would have no problem killing the bad guy, but if he was holding my child, could I risk hitting her myself? In this case, the cop was able to get within a few feet and manouver to where the risk to the child was minimized. I guess if he was counting down to her murder, there aren't a lot of better options.

Reminds me of the hostage situation/ fatal shooting of the perp inquest I was on as a juror. County wanted to make sure the Seattle cop who took the shot did so after all negotiations were exhausted. They were, he did, child lived and the Rifle Patrolman's EBR caused the perp to lose his mind from less than 7 yards away. It was two weeks out of my life in downtown Seattle back about 2003 but at least most the time I could take the train roundtrip from Auburn. They spent like 3.5 hours trying to get the guy to take the leatherman knife blade off his son's throat. He looked like he was going to jump off the apartment balcony with the child so the LEO shot him in the cheek and you can guess they rest. At least my work at the time paid me all of my pay except for the jury stipend.

BRUTUS OUT

Another psycho predator down. Nice work. I love happy endings.. there's a goodly chance were I there as her only hope I would have taken him out.. I think some of you would too. Imagine having to live and look in the mirror if he had cut her throat and you standing there with a piece, proximity and the skill to save her. . preferably before he took the knife to her throat. This is one of those circumstances where everything is cut and dried.. no pun intended

As civilians we have no requirement to negotiate, nor do we have the "skills".. and please note at that range your life is in danger, as well

Only cops have a license to kill. If you ever have the need to draw/fire/kill, pretty much assume your life is over unless a group of children are hugging you afterward and calling you hero for the cameras.
Also make sure you don't say anything that could be perceived as bigoted while putting a bullet in his skull like,
Die you crazy black, Chinese, Mexican, Indian, Muslim etc. s.o.b.! Because if you describe the person you are removing from this life then it automatically means you are a profiling racist bigot. This nullifies any justification you might have had.

"creepy-@zz cracker," may be exempt in some cases!

As civilians we have no requirement to negotiate, nor do we have the "skills".. and please note at that range your life is in danger, as well

Exactly. At that range you are easily in the knife kill zone before you can draw. To me that is a pull and shoot as fast as you can the second the most successful opportunity is there, with the child in danger. No challenge, nothing.

Another answer to some of my friends who question why I need to carry when I go to the grocery store; if It was my little girl I wouldn't have hesitated and would have acted at the first opportunity...Regardless of what would happen to me, I would be happy he was dead and my little girl was safe.

Another answer to some of my friends who question why I need to carry when I go to the grocery store; if It was my little girl I wouldn't have hesitated and would have acted at the first opportunity...Regardless of what would happen to me, I would be happy he was dead and my little girl was safe.

I know you put in the context of your child, to me in this case she is all of ours child and deserves our protection and best effort. I would have no problem taking appropriate action even not knowing the child and her family.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top