CHL WAIT TIMES OREGON: Please state your county, how long it took for your Concealed Handgun License

Camelfilter

Reactions
Jackson County.

Renewals applied for: 7/22/20

Appointments scheduled for mid November! Near on 4 months backlog, just for renewal!

Due to a completed system upgrade, and we transferred into Jackson County on there partial upgrade (digital photos, ?electronic fingerprints), they called us and had them ready for pickup last week.

Nice ladies down at JCSO said backlog was due to “thousands” of new / first time applicants in our county.

So turned out 2 months, on renewals.

Reactions
Hood River county. First time CHL.

The process end to end for me was 3.5 weeks total. From taking the online course from oregon sheriffs association, to scheduling the interview (took 1.5 weeks - i got an open slot) to receiving my card 2 weeks later, post interview.

They said it'd take up to 90 days. However someone couldn't make an interview appointment - and I was next on the waitlist. It's nice to live in a small county.

Capn Jack

Reactions
I always complain about you Ducks getting all of the good stuff, but:

My wife and I went down to the court house here in town and renewed our CCPs. After being told we would have them in a month, the new ones arrived in the mail a week later and a week after that, we got a post card that said they needed to be renewed. o_O

Is that efficiency, or what? :confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

HeavyfootHick

Reactions
You guy's have problems?
Trying residing in Clackamas County.
I was chastised here earlier about my bubblgumming up and not handling my affairs appropriately.
The real problem is how one sheriffs department to another can adapt to current situations.
CoVid or otherwise, the private sector accommodates to structural change, why cant my sheriff dept?

Reactions
Here I am an NRA Pistol Safety Instructor and have to wait till May for an appointment to renew my CFL? My old one was up in Sept. and NO appointments, so can't carry till May? Tells me the local Sheriff isn't a CSPOA member. Not happy with the bureaucracy or the delays. :-( What to do?

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Best true Gun shop ive been in for some time
    Cool stuff in stock rather than the top 10 at corporate box stores They moved to a larger place I have to go back and spend more money. I like to...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
Top Bottom