JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is good news! I applied for renewal around the same time and was beginning to think it got lost.
So if you have your renewal submitted and your CHL lapses, SOL huh? I submitted mine in September but my current expires around the end of November...:mad:

I submitted my renewal in the mail (WSCO) the night of the 25th of Sept at the PO, so it went out on Saturday. I received my renewal in the mail on Friday the 2nd of Oct.

But let's face it. Pat Garrett > everyone else.

Jackson County.

Renewals applied for: 7/22/20

Appointments scheduled for mid November! Near on 4 months backlog, just for renewal!

Due to a completed system upgrade, and we transferred into Jackson County on there partial upgrade (digital photos, ?electronic fingerprints), they called us and had them ready for pickup last week.

Nice ladies down at JCSO said backlog was due to "thousands" of new / first time applicants in our county.

So turned out 2 months, on renewals.

Hood River county. First time CHL.

The process end to end for me was 3.5 weeks total. From taking the online course from oregon sheriffs association, to scheduling the interview (took 1.5 weeks - i got an open slot) to receiving my card 2 weeks later, post interview.

They said it'd take up to 90 days. However someone couldn't make an interview appointment - and I was next on the waitlist. It's nice to live in a small county.

My MultCo. CHL renewal check was just cashed end of last week so hopefully that means the replacement is on its way to me. Will update once received.

I always complain about you Ducks getting all of the good stuff, but:

My wife and I went down to the court house here in town and renewed our CCPs. After being told we would have them in a month, the new ones arrived in the mail a week later and a week after that, we got a post card that said they needed to be renewed. o_O

Is that efficiency, or what? :confused::confused::confused::rolleyes:

You guy's have problems?
Trying residing in Clackamas County.
I was chastised here earlier about my bubblgumming up and not handling my affairs appropriately.
The real problem is how one sheriffs department to another can adapt to current situations.
CoVid or otherwise, the private sector accommodates to structural change, why cant my sheriff dept?

Anybody waiting on a Utah? Curious how long those are taking

I think Utah sets a 60 day max, once they cash your check, to respond. Mine took about 50+ days after that. From what I was told that is how Utah always operates regardless of how backed up it is. I did my Utah and Clackamas County at the same time and ended up with my Utah one first.

Here I am an NRA Pistol Safety Instructor and have to wait till May for an appointment to renew my CFL? My old one was up in Sept. and NO appointments, so can't carry till May? Tells me the local Sheriff isn't a CSPOA member. Not happy with the bureaucracy or the delays. :-( What to do?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top