JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shot my Glock 23 this weekend that had about 500 rounds through it and got 3 misfeeds (round didn't make it up into the chamber and got stuck) in about 100 rounds of Blazer Brass I got from Bi-Mart. Just wondering if anybody has had this problem? Never jammed up until yesterday. And I was using brand new and almost new magazines.

I'm a Glock aficionado but I've never fired a G23. I understood them to be pretty snappy beasts, so it's surprising that they could hang up at all. But then, I never had anything good to say about CCI Blazer. It's the only ammo I've ever bought that was defective on arrival - just plain messed up right outta the box. So I'd recommend blowing through a couple boxes of Magtech before deciding that it's the gun's fault.

This is CCI Blazer aluminum, but it's from the same factory as their brass-cased junk:
1226cc.jpg
The jerkwad answering the phones at CCI didn't help their case, either. (Hi, Coy!)

1226cc.jpg

thanks. i used 2 mags that were brand new and slightly used, don't know if it was one or the other? and it was FMJ Brass. I am going to say weak loads at this point because i have never seen this before and i have never used this ammo before. will update if anything changes (or stays the same).

Odd, I have never had any issue with Blazer, aluminum or brass and it was so reasonably priced back in the day. I would be testing the devil out of the mags. I have also had a bad, brand new, factory magazine.

based on what?

I would not hesitate to stock up Blazer Brass and CCI mini-mag ammo for emergency use or whatever.

I like CCI in everything.
I have gone through about 15 or 20 thousand of their primers and never had a misfire from any of them.
I would put money on it that it was a magazine issue,

I'm a Glock aficionado but I've never fired a G23. I understood them to be pretty snappy beasts, so it's surprising that they could hang up at all. But then, I never had anything good to say about CCI Blazer. It's the only ammo I've ever bought that was defective on arrival - just plain messed up right outta the box. So I'd recommend blowing through a couple boxes of Magtech before deciding that it's the gun's fault.

This is CCI Blazer aluminum, but it's from the same factory as their brass-cased junk:
View attachment 72823
The jerkwad answering the phones at CCI didn't help their case, either. (Hi, Coy!)

What were you expecting him to do? Are you a jerkwad? Why call the person answering the phone one? The only factory round I ever got that look similar to the picture you posted was a Remington 6mm Remington round back in the 60's. Manufacturing glitches are not limited to CCI.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews