JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
How are you getting caught… it's only a misdemeanor in most states.

What happens ?

Confiscation? Citation or arrest?
In Oregon its a class A misdemeanor... (the most serious misdemeanor, 1 step below a felony), punishable by a maximum of 364 days in jail and $6250 fine.

My guess is you get arrested, gun confiscated... and you become an anti gun statistic as another "illegal" gun on the street.

Well, when the cops found my wasted brother, who has a suspended license, they prohibitted him from possession until he took a gun safety course. After he took that class they gave him a CCL.

Last Edited:
It's all going to come down to police discretion and how you handle the situation with LE.

Well, when the cops found my wasted brother who has a suspended license, they prohibitted him from possession until he took a gun safety course. After he took that class they gave him a CCL.
just remember that what the police do and what prosecutors do are two totally very different things.

this...
It's all going to come down to police discretion and how you handle the situation with LE.

Did he have a concealed gun on him when they 'found' him?
Yeah, he was drunk and walking down 82nd in the middle of the night with a Colt 1911... yeah the WWI issued one. It was unloaded, and he said he had it for "protection". Apparently it was the conceal carrying without a permit that got his firearms rights revoked, not the DUI's.

My brother was arrested for something very similar to this. Was tossed out of a bar but refused to leave. Cops came, he was arrested for trespassing, disorderly, and a concealed pistol without a permit. The bar and cops were trying to get him to leave and he tried to drive away, never got it started and they tried for a DUI, didn't stick but he ended up being sentenced for six months on the other charger. Wasn't his first rodeo with the law though. Now, years later, he hasn't had a drop of alcohol in over 2 years, has a very good job, and quit running around with losers. He's in a very good place in life now and the time locked up certainly was the turning point.

My brother was arrested for something very similar to this. Was tossed out of a bar but refused to leave. Cops came, he was arrested for trespassing, disorderly, and a concealed pistol without a permit. The bar and cops were trying to get him to leave and he tried to drive away, never got it started and they tried for a DUI, didn't stick but he ended up being sentenced for six months on the other charger. Wasn't his first rodeo with the law though. Now, years later, he hasn't had a drop of alcohol in over 2 years, has a very good job, and quit running around with losers. He's in a very good place in life now and the time locked up certainly was the turning point.
Wish I could say the same for my brother.

Was wondering the same thing. For me, as a non citizen it will take me a year plus to get that permit. Not to mention it will cost me 400$ because of added paperwork and fees.
I cant even open carry because of the stupid beaverton ordinance.

Now, I live in an apartment and mainly want to have my firearm on me when im out working on my car or go to the mailbox later at night. It is private property so I wonder how the law applies to that?

When I had my interview at my local US embassey, I was told I am protected by the constitution just like a citizen. What am I missing????

When I had my interview at my local US embassey, I was told I am protected by the constitution just like a citizen. What am I missing????
I guess it depends on your status. I would talk to the sheriffs department in Washington County. My wife got her permit after her citizenship but if I recall she could have done it before.

Oh its not that I can't get a permit, its the additional time and money it takes for USCIS to approve a simple form that says 'i feel like a citizen'. The only info on the form is: 'needed to do certain business with the state'. Its an old form that you CAN file before citizenship and apperantly gives you some sort of additional protection. For some reason Oregon requires this for the CHL.

I would have had my permit long time ago if it wasnt for that.. I had planned to do all this in 2020 but then covid hit and USCIS was 'shut down' and I was successfully excluded from exercising my right.

I'm not saying to carry without a permit (this isn't legal advice) but if you do and you're aware and smart about it the likelihood of getting caught is extremely low. I hate the saying but it's true, "I'd rather have it and not need it. Then to need it and not have it." Laws dont trump the right of my personal self defense. It doesn't matter what state I am in.

I'm not saying to carry without a permit (this isn't legal advice) but if you do and you're aware and smart about it the likelihood of getting caught is extremely low. I hate the saying but it's true, "I'd rather have it and not need it. Then to need it and not have it." Laws dont trump the right of my personal self defense. It doesn't matter what state I am in.
Not being a US citizen and getting caught might get your deported if they still do that.....oh wait we have open borders with this great administration. Let's go Brandon!

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads