JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seems the process is, well, not modernized and quick... Looks to me like early twentieth century manufacturing techniques... Never going to catch up to fill shelves again at that rate. Dropping two completed rounds of 9mm SynTec at a time...

Didn't realize ammo manufacturing was still such a manual labor intensive process. Hopefully they'll invest in some modernization...

Interesting he quoted 7M new shooters, just two boxes of ammo each, 700M rounds... Plus panic and election demand... Yup, it's going to be awhile before shelves are stocked again...

I never had any doubt that the manufacturers were churning out ammo as fast as they could, they would be stupid not to in this time of high demand.

I lay the cause of the prices at the feet of the retailers/resellers and those asking the prices.

I lay the cause of the shortage at the feet of those who did not plan ahead and who are panic buying ammo.

I am still buying ammo, but generally I do not pay panic prices. I sometimes pay more than I used to pay, but I am not going to pay 3-10X what it used to be.

Seems the process is, well, not modernized and quick... Looks to me like early twentieth century manufacturing techniques... Never going to catch up to fill shelves again at that rate. Dropping two completed rounds of 9mm SynTec at a time...

Didn't realize ammo manufacturing was still such a manual labor intensive process. Hopefully they'll invest in some modernization...

Interesting he quoted 7M new shooters, just two boxes of ammo each, 700M rounds... Plus panic and election demand... Yup, it's going to be awhile before shelves are stocked again...
I'd buy me some Chinese ammo (well, not really, Ireload).. you know they have a cubic mile of surplus 9mm. Too bad we can't.

There are individuals taking the time to send hate mail and "theories" to ammo manufacturers? :confused:
Every time there has been a panic since the net I see this. People just sure it's all a conspiracy. There is no reaching a lot of these people who imagine a factory that makes ammo where they just make 3 times as much all of a sudden by flipping a switch. When you try to explain to them that is not how it works many will not hear it, they don't want to hear it, it's got to be some evil scheme.

Here I am just commenting on what is in the video:

In the time of ammo shortages, they make .357 SIG ammo, packed in very expensive plastic boxes, as fast as they can? Even when the narrative is for 9mm??? :confused:
That has nothing to do with the ability to jack the prices even higher on that? :eek:
22LR is going to solve the problem?
30-06 is the first hunting caliber that comes to mind? :(

This is my snarky commentary:

Do training people take time? Yes, it does. It also required to bring the last expert on this machinery out of retirement, in his wheelchair to explain how it works. The others were already deceased from old age.
IIRC I have seen videos of Turkish ammo manufacturers using more modern equipment.
I guess I should be grateful for what I saw was not steam-powered. :mad:

As there are other videos, done by knowledgeable, smart, and responsive authors, let us look at them as well.
Many, many times people said that manufacturers do not want to increase capacity, because if Trump were to win, the demand would drop.
Are they going to increase production now? Who knows. If they expect the ammo to have 200% tax and the market to shrink, probably not. Is that 30-06 in preparation for banning 5.56 and .308 rifles and pistols? I hope not. :oops:

Here is a true and positive story:

Meanwhile, I am amazed at how small companies continue to work despite the wartime lockdown.
A highly trained professional from Lok grips called me and spend half an hour on the phone with me, trying to help me.
How long did it take them to train him? Probably more than to learn how to fill boxes.
How much did it cost them to call me? Probably more than what they made from the grips (of course I bought them on sale :)).
Grips, which were manufactured to my custom order at the same time of lockdown on CNC machines.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads