JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I lube a lot of slow moving parts with AeroShell Grease #6. This is what Geissele uses on their sears. It's in that little tiny tube that comes with the trigger group. The smallest size that I could find was about the size of a caulking tube, so I have about 100 lifetime supplies of the stuff. No big deal, I give away little bottles of it all the time. Anyway, I've tried it on the slide of my 1911 and my CZ 75 in the summer and it's run fine. I never got around to testing it in the winter and went back to BreakFree for fast moving parts. Now I just use it on sears, safeties, slide locks and anything that I want to feel really smooth. Oh, phrasing. Anything on the firearm that I want to feel really smooth.

went back to BreakFree for fast moving parts.
Now I just use it on anything that I want to feel really smooth. Oh, phrasing. Anything on the firearm that I want to feel really smooth.

Uh oh, glad you clarified!! :p

I used to use BreakFree Greased Lightning on my 1911 slides but haven't been able to find it in years. Guess they quit making it. I don't like to spray CLP on slides, but think it's great for AR. Is the CLP in the little applicator tube different stuff?

Uh oh, glad you clarified!! :p

I used to use BreakFree Greased Lightning on my 1911 slides but haven't been able to find it in years. Guess they quit making it. I don't like to spray CLP on slides, but think it's great for AR. Is the CLP in the little applicator tube different stuff?
I think it's the same stuff. You can get little applicator bottles on Amazon or Ebay for next to nothing and fill them from the big bottles.

well, Im probably wrong then, I thought I read somewhere that RIA bought the old USGI tooling for their govt models, but your right their govt models are flared and lowered. Makes me wonder if the 'newer' USGI guns were made that way...
Not sure what they do with the ones they still have. But I want a M1911A1 clone, so the Colt 70 series was the best start (still looking for parts). RIA may have bought the tooling, but idk.

If one just wants a 1911 that works, I agree that big money isn't necessary. The RIA ones are definitely good for the money based on what I see.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top