JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
No disrespect to the president dude, but I instantly thought of Todd Packer:

toddPacker.png

We do not need to have the federal government enact gun control we as shooters are doing it to ourselves. If you cant get ammo for your pistol it really doesnt matter how big your magazine is. Hoarding is having the same effect.

We do not need to have the federal government enact gun control we as shooters are doing it to ourselves. If you cant get ammo for your pistol it really doesnt matter how big your magazine is. Hoarding is having the same effect.

Anyone who has been a shooter for more than 5-10 years would have seen this coming and if they had the wherewithal and wisdom, would have been buying ammo when it was cheap and plentiful. Lots of people, myself included, said as much after Trump was elected.

So I don't have too much sympathy for those who didn't listen.

Anyone who has been a shooter for more than 5-10 years would have seen this coming and if they had the wherewithal and wisdom, would have been buying ammo when it was cheap and plentiful. Lots of people, myself included, said as much after Trump was elected.

Well, a little. If they're friends. :)

I have enough myself and have gradually aquired for a few years. It has prevented me from buying some rifles in new calibers because of the issue with obtaining components.

I have enough myself and have gradually aquired for a few years. It has prevented me from buying some rifles in new calibers because of the issue with obtaining components.

With current inflated prices, the aggregation of components, projectiles, primers and powder, often costs more than the ammo used to cost - if you can even find the components. I don't feel paid at all for paying less for factory loaded ammo in years past than people are paying now for the components to make their own ammo.

Remember when 9mm ball ammo was less than 20 cents per round? If you had to buy the components today, if you could find them, could a person load a round of 9x19 for 20 cents? Powder alone would be 4-5¢ per round, primers 5-10¢, projectiles another 5-10¢?

I dont shoot 9mm so could not tell you. I can tell you 50 hornady 300h&h cases and an equal number of partitions was north of 130$. The price of shooting is definitely getting more exspensive.

With current inflated prices, the aggregation of components, projectiles, primers and powder, often costs more than the ammo used to cost - if you can even find the components. I don't feel paid at all for paying less for factory loaded ammo in years past than people are paying now for the components to make their own ammo.

Remember when 9mm ball ammo was less than 20 cents per round? If you had to buy the components today, if you could find them, could a person load a round of 9x19 for 20 cents? Powder alone would be 4-5¢ per round, primers 5-10¢, projectiles another 5-10¢?
I remember reloading 9mm 115 gr fmj for about .07/round... Me thinks those days are gone forever...

I seen this coming for years and have prepared myself accordingly. But that being said. I am a building maintenance supervisor for one of the largest ornamental/shade tree farms in the PNW. its a 40 million plus dollar per year company. we cannot hire a single competent person that will show up to work and work to save our lives. There seams to be a lack of any skilled or even semi skilled labor Left. Even trying to train younger people is pretty much impossible.
in a nut shell it's almost impossible to hire anyone that really wants to work. So I can understand what the ammunition manufacturing plants are going through.

Mmmmm. I guess I wish I was up there, instead I'm down here burning my Hort and crop production degrees on seeds. :)

I hear ya though, having a toe in HR stuff we've seen it too.

It's funny - similar threads on other forums.

Went to SIG Talk and a long 2 month old thread still going. At the bottom of the page was "recommended reading" with threads from 2012 to 2014 about the ammo shortage then. Did anybody learn from it? :s0153::s0092:

I don't have the articles or evidence on hand but i'm surprised international trade tariffs's hasnt been brought up as a possible root cause for price increases/"shortage" on raw materials. Goes the old saying keep everything in house and prices go up.

The Costco closest to me did not have any Kirkland brand TP and paper towels. The had other brand but I didn't pay attention to what brand they had. The woman at the exit door remarked that she didn't see TP in my cart. I bought Kirkland stuff after the original panic was over a few months ago now. Then I bought package of TP over a month ago I haven't opened yet.
Stopped at Walmart yesterday and the TP was fully stocked. Of course, they didn't have what I was looking for, which were Christmas bows for presents and some Windex with vinegar. So, I bought Windex, and vinegar. Simple enough.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top