JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I shot my Glock 23 this weekend that had about 500 rounds through it and got 3 misfeeds (round didn't make it up into the chamber and got stuck) in about 100 rounds of Blazer Brass I got from Bi-Mart. Just wondering if anybody has had this problem? Never jammed up until yesterday. And I was using brand new and almost new magazines.

I'm a Glock aficionado but I've never fired a G23. I understood them to be pretty snappy beasts, so it's surprising that they could hang up at all. But then, I never had anything good to say about CCI Blazer. It's the only ammo I've ever bought that was defective on arrival - just plain messed up right outta the box. So I'd recommend blowing through a couple boxes of Magtech before deciding that it's the gun's fault.

This is CCI Blazer aluminum, but it's from the same factory as their brass-cased junk:
1226cc.jpg
The jerkwad answering the phones at CCI didn't help their case, either. (Hi, Coy!)

1226cc.jpg

thanks. i used 2 mags that were brand new and slightly used, don't know if it was one or the other? and it was FMJ Brass. I am going to say weak loads at this point because i have never seen this before and i have never used this ammo before. will update if anything changes (or stays the same).

Odd, I have never had any issue with Blazer, aluminum or brass and it was so reasonably priced back in the day. I would be testing the devil out of the mags. I have also had a bad, brand new, factory magazine.

based on what?

I would not hesitate to stock up Blazer Brass and CCI mini-mag ammo for emergency use or whatever.

I like CCI in everything.
I have gone through about 15 or 20 thousand of their primers and never had a misfire from any of them.
I would put money on it that it was a magazine issue,

I'm a Glock aficionado but I've never fired a G23. I understood them to be pretty snappy beasts, so it's surprising that they could hang up at all. But then, I never had anything good to say about CCI Blazer. It's the only ammo I've ever bought that was defective on arrival - just plain messed up right outta the box. So I'd recommend blowing through a couple boxes of Magtech before deciding that it's the gun's fault.

This is CCI Blazer aluminum, but it's from the same factory as their brass-cased junk:
View attachment 72823
The jerkwad answering the phones at CCI didn't help their case, either. (Hi, Coy!)

What were you expecting him to do? Are you a jerkwad? Why call the person answering the phone one? The only factory round I ever got that look similar to the picture you posted was a Remington 6mm Remington round back in the 60's. Manufacturing glitches are not limited to CCI.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top