JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
While I appreciate all the comments about whether or not you will wear a mask and why, that's not really what I was asking.

My question is very simple: Is there a statute, either federal or state, that forbids someone carrying a gun (concealed or open) while wearing a mask and if so, where can I find the actual statute?

That's all I'm asking.

While I appreciate all the comments about whether or not you will wear a mask and why, that's not really what I was asking.

My question is very simple: Is there a statute, either federal or state, that forbids someone carrying a gun (concealed or open) while wearing a mask and if so, where can I find the actual statute?

That's all I'm asking.
Can't find one and it would not matter if it was there. The mask thing is being done by order, just like all the stuff with this hoax. It has so far been decided by courts that the orders supersede all laws. Constitutional rights even take second place to these orders. So even though I can not find a law it would not matter. The order is above the other laws until the order is rescinded, or some Judges change their mind and say the orders are no longer top law.

It's amazing how many of us are medical experts. it's a very minor inconvenience for me to wear a mask so I don't mind doing it to keep my germs to myself. I appreciate the other people to do it also.
And another benefit of wearing a mask is THEY can't identify you with all their pesky security cameras. if you really don't want the government knowing what you're doing you should be wearing a mask all the time.
It's not the mask itself I care about, it's the "order" that we "must" do it because teacher says so. I wore a mask once, last week, at the dentist's office which I thought was damn stupid. Poke around, put mask back on while they grab another tool, take off, poke around, etc etc. Considering a different dentist.

You made a good point about the cameras and I'll give you that :D

Or smart enough to consider consequences when planning ahead.:confused:

This notion of 'freedom' is mighty interesting if it is necessary to ask for permission to exercise rights. Just looking at it from a legal/logical standpoint, is it likely that people will get in trouble with the law for following a mandate by the governor? What civil rights can be legally nullified by the governor through the claim of 'emergency' actions?

Frankly this whole thing is a bit absurd to me. If you are in Washington state and you are watching what has been basically just open lawlessness demonstrated in Seattle, and you're worried about a whether or not wearing a mask is going to be an issue for you if you are carrying....

It seems there are far more pressing matters than you and your mask, lol

"Operator: we have a murder in progress requesting units to 1234 Example st - strike that, ignore that last, we have a report that CRBMoA is carrying concealed while wearing a mask in accordance with Inlee's order, all units to CRBMoA's house to take that ruthless criminal out"

Amrican123, primarily.

I am a huge AIN'T WEARIN' NO MASK kind of guy. I am pissing people off right and left.

My point had to do with the OP not being wimpy about 2A rights, but rather being thoughtful about the potential consequences of getting wrapped up with the 'laws', as they are currently being applied.

It's all good. And I did reach out to an actual attorney, just to change things up!

Amrican123, primarily.

I am a huge AIN'T WEARIN' NO MASK kind of guy. I am pissing people off right and left.

My point had to do with the OP not being wimpy about 2A rights, but rather being thoughtful about the potential consequences of getting wrapped up with the 'laws', as they are currently being applied.

It's all good. And I did reach out to an actual attorney, just to change things up!

What was the opinion of the attorney?

All resistance aside, if I HAD to wear a mask because Im being denied services..
I would wear an OFF or NWFA mask though.
If someone makes some cloth versions, Id buy one.

This is totally bogus.

hoax.jpg

If you look closely you'll see that the documentation in the photo is for California. There's nothing in ORS that addresses this. As far as I know, there's nothing in WA state code either. It's a hoax.

What was the opinion of the attorney?
" Do you mean someone who has a Concealed Handgun License (CHL)? Without having read the statutes, I doubt there is a conflict. A conflict would arise if/when a law enforcement officer asked to see the CHL to verify the identity of an individual who was carrying a concealed weapon and if the individual refused to take the mask off to allow for identification. The same would apply to a traffic stop and license check. Both scenarios would give the officer probable cause to charge the individual with interfering with a peace officer under ORS 162.247, a charge often thrown at defendants if they resist arrest, etc. If you want to dig into it more, I would contact an attorney in town who specializes in criminal defense. "

Obviously an Oregon opinion

I would think scofflawing the mask requirements is going to increase your visibility. In a world of stressed law enforcement and all around crazzzzzzy Karens it just increases risk without reward.

Or as Sun Tzu says

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.

For me, it is less about 'making a statement' and more about 'holding a line'.

An esoteric distinction I'll grant you.

If a robber points a knife at me and tells me to get into his car or follow him behind a corner, I won't be making a statement.

I'll be holding a line.

I will wear a mask when going into a business, and carry my gun as I normally do. I'm not going to worry about it. The amount of out of shape mouth breathers hawking saliva everywhere as they talk should make the choice obvious enough.

There is enough published scientific data supporting masks that anyone can make an informed decision rather than an emotional one.

There is no such evidence supporting random people wearing randomly constructed masks made of random materials in public. There's also reason to suspect that masks are actually detrimental to most of the people wearing them because they become full of bacteria and are not washed or changed regularly. Wearing any sort of mask also increases the local concentration of CO2 and causes you to breathe in part of your own waste gas.

There's evidence that when medical staff wear properly constructed and properly worn masks in places like operating rooms, that it prevents bacteria and viruses from getting into the open wounds of their patients. Even medical staff (before the current hysteria of course) generally did not wear masks in hospital or medial office settings for a simple reason - if you have a healthy immune system you do not need a mask to protect you even in the relatively polluted air of a hospital.

That's all I'm asking.
If you're concealing correctly, it doesn't matter whether it's legal to wear a mask or not. No one will know. If you have to pull your gun out to use it, you're going to have bigger issues than worrying about a mask.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads