JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I've heard several people say that they won't be wearing a mask because they carry and it's illegal under Washington law to cover your face while carrying.

I looked through my pamphlet copy of RCW Chapter 9.41 (dated 2015) and can't find any reference to face coverings.

Anyone familiar with this and willing to point me to the relevant code?

Thanks!

Don't know the code but a buddy told me something similar about Oregon.
I don't wear a mask, and don't plan on it. Never saw a need for a mask in the first place.

Last Edited:
Don't know the code but a buddy told me something similar about Oregon.
I don't wear a mask, and don't plan on it. Never saw a need for a mask in the first place.
Same here. If I have to, I'll just stay on my secluded mountain compound, or go 10 miles east to Idaho, where everyone is still free for the moment.

All i could find just asking google.

I can't find anything specific in Oregon. Haven't seen any for WA either but most mention it being a no no in Illinois. Most seem to talk about wearing a mask with intent to conceal your ID while doing a crime.

Either way concealed means concealed. Thats for me to know and you to wonder, out of sight out of mind.

Won't be wearing one, if someone tries to give me crap, I'll just shout BLM and "racist." I've seen that card played a lot, apparently it works!

I don't mind wearing a mask but that's a different thread.

I will continue to carry. Never had to pull my CC and hoping I never do so the chances of it bring an issue is incredibly small.

Our police state Gov has ordered us all to wear one as of friday. No big deal to me as I already have to wear one at work. The order does not mean you have to wear one driving around or walking around. What he is going after is business. So if you walk in a business they want you to wear one. Since business is where they want to put the pressure, they will of course threaten them to get them to force people to do so. What Police state Jay is having wet dreams over is another shut down. He is desperate to keep the economy from bouncing back here. So most business will order the mask if you want service. Many will of course refuse to shop there. This is exactly what the Gov is hoping for, harm business. As for the gun. I guess if you open carry some may not like it. Who is going to say anything? The same Cops who will be expected to tell you to wear a mask? I will believe this is a problem when I see it. For people who conceal carry like me? I will put the mask on when I walk into a store. To me having the gun makes zero difference.

Just wear a white cowboy hat...:D
1593013243188.jpeg

And another benefit of wearing a mask is THEY can't identify you with all their pesky security cameras. if you really don't want the government knowing what you're doing you should be wearing a mask all the time.

And another benefit of wearing a mask is THEY can't identify you with all their pesky security cameras. if you really don't want the government knowing what you're doing you should be wearing a mask all the time.
That is certainly an unintended consequence of this. I tend to wear a ball cap all the time. With a cap on and a mask? Going to get real hard to pick people up on camera's. I suspect banks are going to have a lot of fun with this. Gun stores too. When this hoax started my range warned people not to walk in with a mask on and a gun in hand. I am sure they will have to explain that one carefully now. Like use a gun case, range bag, ect. Not walk in with gun in hand and mask on. Many will not get it, many will no doubt use this to look for a fight. Feel bad for the employee's who will have to deal with all the Karen's walking in with no mask and demanding service anyway because they have nothing else to do in life. :mad:

I will wear a mask when going into a business, and carry my gun as I normally do. I'm not going to worry about it. The amount of out of shape mouth breathers hawking saliva everywhere as they talk should make the choice obvious enough.

There is enough published scientific data supporting masks that anyone can make an informed decision rather than an emotional one.

Last Edited:
I guess I am wondering why we need to wear these masks. The virus is only 125 nanometers in size and can easily pass through your masks. It is kind of like putting up a cyclone fence to keep mosquitoes out of your yard.

Because the virus is carried around in huge drops of spit and mucus, its not floating off on its own.

It's kinda like putting up a cyclone fence to keep dog crap out, the dog crap can fit through the fence but it's not getting there on its own.

Last Edited:
I guess I am wondering why we need to wear these masks. The virus is only 125 nanometers in size and can easily pass through your masks. It is kind of like putting up a cyclone fence to keep mosquitoes out of your yard. If you are sick, stay home. If you are healthy, the masks don't do much for you.

This keeps being brought up to the point its probably a waste any more to try to explain. No mask can stop a germ. No mask is made to do so. The germ does not live on it's own. They live in mediums. The mask is to help keep the medium the virus is living in from leaving the mask or entering the mask. Those who keep repeating the size of a germ tell the surgeon you do not want them to wear a mask when they open you up since they do not work:s0140:
There is also "viral Load". When you get sick from some bug you do not get ill from one. The viruses enter the body, the body defends. When the defenses get over loaded you get sick. The mask it to help slow you spreading the stuff from your nose and mouth to others, and help you keep from inhaling as much of them from others.
Since we can not yet have some kind of force out checking on everyone, forcing the ill to stay home, we end up with some who are sick who travel among the rest.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads