JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This is totally bogus.

View attachment 714149

If you look closely you'll see that the documentation in the photo is for California. There's nothing in ORS that addresses this. As far as I know, there's nothing in WA state code either. It's a hoax.
And, anyone that knows anything about concealed carry laws knows that each state has their own rules. Since this meme doesn't even define a state, you should know right away that it's bogus.

I would think scofflawing the mask requirements is going to increase your visibility. In a world of stressed law enforcement and all around crazzzzzzy Karens it just increases risk without reward.

Or as Sun Tzu says

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.

I carry a bandana with me that I can tie into a "mask" if I need to - that is, if the cops bother me. As for the Karens they just get a quick "bubblegum off". Our Queen has said already that they will not be arresting people or anything "but we will be enforcing the requirement" whatever that's supposed to mean. Perhaps they will have drones flying around that can swoop down and forcibly mask people who don't comply.

I haven't read all of The Art of War yet but I'm pretty sure there's also something in there about wasting your enemy's time by creating lots of false alarms that spread his resources too thin.

Good OP question on the urban legend front. I haven't seen anything official in the PNW. Be aware that sometimes things are hidden in different areas of the code. In CA is is specifically prohibited:
CPC 25300.
(a) A person commits criminal possession of a firearm when the person carries a firearm in a public place or on any public street while masked so as to hide the person's identity.

It's amazing how many of us are medical experts. it's a very minor inconvenience for me to wear a mask so I don't mind doing it to keep my germs to myself. I appreciate the other people to do it also.

The problem is that the folks that are telling us to wear masks are either not medical professional either or complete liars. For example, we were initially told not to wear masks (by medial "experts"). Then we were told we needed to and they initially told us (lied) not to wear them so there would be enough masks for the medical folks. One of my favorite sayings, "Your failure to plan does not constitute an emergency on my part." (Not you who I'm quoting, you in the general sense.)

So what information has the general public been given on how to and what type of mask to wear? Virtually zip and it is not detailed in the requirements. So, I go out in my P100 woodworking mask, fitted to my face, with very good 3M filters. I'm safe(er), but none of the air that I exhale is filtered. Oh, and because it comes out of a tiny area my germs are now spreading further than if I didn't have a mask. Same with a standard vented N95. I have asthma. So wearing a piece of non-vented cloth in front of my mouth for hours ( like for the flight I'm taking in a week) is not good for my health or immune system. In the stores I'm constantly watching people touching their faces to adjust their masks, putting phones up to the dirty side of the mask, etc. First step would be requiring everyone to shave for a proper fit (see how that flies in PDX).

The mandate defines a "Face covering" means a cloth, paper, or disposable face covering that covers the nose and the mouth. So no actual requirement for a useful, working mask. Just something in front of your face.

If a business wants to require masks I respect that 100% and will chose if I wish to do business with them. Of course Lincoln County, OR has now decided what race of people need to wear masks as well. If you haven't heard this Google (or Duckduckgo) it. Whisky. Tango. Foxtrot. You can't make this stuff up.

Rant / off

Here's some clear info from the Snohomish County Sheriff's Office Facebook page:

maskAndCarry.jpg

Also, the Missus was talking to a Spokane police officer and he let her know that no law enforcement in this area (city or county) will be enforcing the mandate, leaving it up to individuals and businesses to set their own policies.

So that should clear things up.

My main point in posting this question was not out of fear, as some have implied. I only wanted to know what the rules are and the possible consequences before I decided to ignore them.

Thanks for all your responses. Any further discussion on the merits or hazards of mask wearing should probably be moved to another forum category, since this is for legal discussions only.

Thanks again!

A few states like California and Illinois had laws against wearing masks and carrying guns. I believe both states have states this does not apply during a health department order such as COVID-19.

I do know that WA (and I'm guessing OR) have never had any such law on the books in the first place. I've seen this quoted all over, and have checked a few sources including a criminal attorney, and nobody has ever heard of such a thing in WA.

Just another internet rumor as far I can see...

Just say you can't wear a mask because of a medical condition and ask if they want to make a Federal Americans with Disabilities Act case out of it with potential MASSIVE fines on them.

facebook_1593032219010_6681661408326597528.jpg

Its legal to carry with the proper permit in Washington and they are forcing me to wear a mask. Put the two together and if it isn't legal to do both then they can kiss my AZZ

I would think scofflawing the mask requirements is going to increase your visibility. In a world of stressed law enforcement and all around crazzzzzzy Karens it just increases risk without reward.

Or as Sun Tzu says

Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak. If your enemy is secure at all points, be prepared for him. If he is in superior strength, evade him. If your opponent is temperamental, seek to irritate him.

I highly doubt police care 1 iota about people not wearing masks, and more about people doing shady stuff and acting erratically.

I thought this thread was about the legality of CCing and wearing a mask.

Why are there certain posters on this site that feel the need to politically bloviate about how special they are? We get enough of that coming out of the WH these days.

I come here to discuss all things firearms and all things political about firearms (IE. preserving our rights as declared by the 2A)

I would ask the mods to start cracking down on those looking to constantly derail threads like boss-level Karens.

TIA

POW,

"I would think scofflawing the mask requirements..."

What law?

No such thing.

Because a governor, mayor or judge decrees it, doesn't make it 'law'.

Also, if you jump on a crack, it'll break Jack's back.

The "law" gives authorities the ability to declare emergencies and enforce things not in the RCWs. Whether we agree or disagree is irrelevant.

Last Edited:
I thought this thread was about the legality of CCing and wearing a mask.

Why are there certain posters on this site that feel the need to politically bloviate about how special they are? We get enough of that coming out of the WH these days.

I come here to discuss all things firearms and all things political about firearms (IE. preserving our rights as declared by the 2A)

I would ask the mods to start cracking down on those looking to constantly derail threads like boss-level Karens.

TIA
Sort of tangential, but there may be some beer involved on my part.....

Or as Sun Tzu says

The idea of telling King Jay to stuff his mask sounds great. The problem is to all who are going to show how they are not going to bend the knee to Jay are going to only effect the poor people who have no choice. Walk into a store, refuse to wear one, you will most likely be told no service. King Jay will not go after the ones who refuse. He will gladly go after the business, if they are not owned by a large donor. So the only thing that will be accomplished by causing a scene will be making some working stiff's life miserable.
I feel for the people who have to deal with the wave of Karen's who will walk into stores with no mask but instead a huge chip on their shoulder just waiting to be told they have to follow the rules. :s0054:

POW,

"I would think scofflawing the mask requirements..."

What law?

No such thing.

Because a governor, mayor or judge decrees it, doesn't make it 'law'.

Also, if you jump on a crack, it'll break Jack's back.
Sigh, well again, the law, written on paper, is worth toilet paper. What some black robe tells you the law means is all that matters. A few business owners tried to stand up to these unconstitutional "orders". They have lost in court. Had their business licenses pulled, liquor license pulled, one had his locks changed and power and water shut off. So yes it does make law. People in mass have decided to obey so it has the same effect as any law. No you will most likely not be arrested here after Friday if you refuse to wear a mask. What will happen is business owners will be told they will pay if they serve you. Again black robes have said this is the law, and only a few business owners have been wiling to push back. They were slapped down and the rest cowered in fear, so the police state wins.

I had to go to Lowes today to pick up the new washer and dryer that came in and is eating the money set aside for my PWS piston 308 upper.

I wore a mask.

I carried my G30s.

I lived to tell about it.

Sometimes threads drift into related (to some members) areas. The computer mouse has a scroll wheel and if a thread drifts a bit, I keep scrolling. In your post you make it political by dis-ing the White House (adding a political insult, not allowed here) then you name call people Karens (not being excellent to each other). Respectfully, since a Karen is someone who demands to see a manager...isn't that what you are doing???

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads