JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
20221031_151244.jpg 20221031_151310.jpg

Front line. Cliche I know, but 2 boxes of Costco full size usually gets us through the dozen or so kids who turn out.

The dollar is in the bowl just to irritate my wife. She thinks giving money is tacky.

I like Halloween and I go all out. :)

House and yard well decorated. Dealer quantities of candy.:s0132:

And for the first time, the Daktari says I can't eat any candy myself.:s0161: So I'll give away the leftovers to our daughter in law to take to her work.

No idea. Halloween is my better-half's domain and I don't ever eat candy. We're too rural to have trick'r'treaters show anyway. (My family never engaged in that practice and the matriarch, my late paternal grandmother, forbade it due to largely cultural reasons. But wife takes kiddos around, so I get some quiet time. :s0155:)

2 decades ago we had lots of kids in the neighborhood but now it's not worth the 2 or 3 that night and we have a lot of stairs so it's always been a concern some kid in a hurry would go down it head over heals.

Besides about a 1/3 if's mile away are much newer and bigger houses tightly packed so that's where we always took my daughter when she was young cuz it was like a huge multi block party with all of the Jones's trying to outdo each other.

It is my first time in over a decade living in a place where I expected trick or treaters.... I bought 50 pieces worth of variety packs at the dollar store (good varieties!) and have 400+ red clown noses to give out if I run out of candy.

My neighborhood does Halloween. This is the first year post Covid the kid is truly old enough to get it. Plus a few years are on his belly now do I expect it to go well.

It's my turn to walk the kiddo around so I've got my 5 gallon propane tank hitched up to the wagon with some bungee cords and the heater hooked up. Making some buttered apple cider to throw into the thermos here shortly. Got a route off the neighborhood made up, gonna try and hit them all. Not dressed up myself, but the kiddo is excitedly waiting to go in his costume.

It is my first time in over a decade living in a place where I expected trick or treaters.... I bought 50 pieces worth of variety packs at the dollar store (good varieties!) and have 400+ red clown noses to give out if I run out of candy.
I'm going to be sorry, but I have to ask.

Why do you have a bale of clown noses???

Over the years the number of treat-or-treat kids has dropped off; hardly a kid left for blocks in each direction. I primed 514 Win AA 12 gauge hulls this afternoon, and finished the last three drawers for my first ever 'dedicated' reloading space. Now I'm in a back bedroom on the computer while the wife sits in the family room reading just in case someone knocks on the door.

Over the years the number of treat-or-treat kids has dropped off; hardly a kid left for blocks in each direction. I primed 514 Win AA 12 gauge hulls this afternoon, and finished the last three drawers for my first ever 'dedicated' reloading space. Now I'm in a back bedroom on the computer while the wife sits in the family room reading just in case someone knocks on the door.
So , you touch off a couple primer only 12 ga rounds if any hits the driveway.

Clickclack or treat!!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top