JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I was just talking with my wife and told her I would be on board for camera system that didn't require internet or grid power to function. She says she did a ton of research and they don't exist. I am thinking that we put a man on the moon and we can't make cameras that work without internet or grid power??? Maybe a Bluetooth camera with battery backup would work? Maybe cell phones could be rigged up as cameras and send video via Bluetooth to another phone. Maybe web cams could be teamed up with cell phones?
They do exist, just might be harder to find. Look for an older wired system that uses a DVR and cameras connected via coaxial cable.

I was just talking with my wife and told her I would be on board for camera system that didn't require internet or grid power to function. She says she did a ton of research and they don't exist. I am thinking that we put a man on the moon and we can't make cameras that work without internet or grid power??? Maybe a Bluetooth camera with battery backup would work? Maybe cell phones could be rigged up as cameras and send video via Bluetooth to another phone. Maybe web cams could be teamed up with cell phones?
Non internet WiFi or wired cameras. Solar seems easier for WiFi cameras. Have seen several WiFi solar paneled cameras/solar add ons. Have one, haven't set it up yet. Know where we packed system & solar. No idea where battery pack went...

SMONET 1080p wireless system (cameras need an outlet, or solar -> battery pack -> camera). Used outlets at old house.

The monitor/DVR power? UPS system. Done. For short term, day to several days depending on UPS size. Then would require reasonable method to recharge UPS. Most having lead /acid batteries, recharge would be prolonged. I would think.

Allow bees to build nests around your area. Buy a few bee boxes to harvest honey. They won't know the difference and I don't know anyone who would risk a swarm of bees.

Solar power, instead of internet just use an SD card to record with

They do exist, just might be harder to find. Look for an older wired system that uses a DVR and cameras connected via coaxial cable.
This camera system is cheap, simple and would do the trick for front entrance area. It looks like it could be adapted to run direct from 12v as well.

one person's review:

If the areas you want to monitor are within 50 feet of your desired viewing spot, this system is a tremendous bang for the buck. The cameras are quite small and discreet. For this low price you get color cameras and color monitor with no software programming headaches or complications. The pictures are clear and detailed. This system is plug and play. It is either off or on with no waiting for boot up or start up delays. Power requirement is for 12 volts @ 100 ma for the entire system, so this system, which requires only 1.2 watts of power could easily be converted to battery operation, although it comes with an AC adapter. Harbor Freight has a real winner here for a simple and easy to use system when you don't need remote monitoring.

This camera system is cheap, simple and would do the trick for front entrance area. It looks like it could be adapted to run direct from 12v as well.

one person's review:

If the areas you want to monitor are within 50 feet of your desired viewing spot, this system is a tremendous bang for the buck. The cameras are quite small and discreet. For this low price you get color cameras and color monitor with no software programming headaches or complications. The pictures are clear and detailed. This system is plug and play. It is either off or on with no waiting for boot up or start up delays. Power requirement is for 12 volts @ 100 ma for the entire system, so this system, which requires only 1.2 watts of power could easily be converted to battery operation, although it comes with an AC adapter. Harbor Freight has a real winner here for a simple and easy to use system when you don't need remote monitoring.
Would be good for someone who could easily setup a DVR with it. $50!

No system these days is worthwhile without recording. IMO.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top