JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
BACK to the original question. :)

HOW MUCH will I lose in defensive capabilities if I add 3 1/2 inches and rifle sights to a
defensive shot gun? :)

Try handling your shotgun as it is now in your home, through doorways, stairs, hallways, turning etc, just as if you had to in a hurry in a home invasion situation and see how it handles.

Then take a pencil and tape it to the end of it 3 1/2" off the end of the barrel and do the same thing. Did you break your pencil or did it write on the walls? Did you have to do significantly more adjusting to what you were doing so it wouldn't hit in the hallways/doorways?

If it did, then you might want to keep it short, if it's fine in that situation, go for it and add that 3 1/2". Just a short quick test that will show you more than anyone could tell you. It's all about application, and that would be one way to test the length in that application.

Try handling your shotgun as it is now in your home, through doorways, stairs, hallways, turning etc, just as if you had to in a hurry in a home invasion situation and see how it handles.

Then take a pencil and tape it to the end of it 3 1/2" off the end of the barrel and do the same thing. Did you break your pencil or did it write on the walls? Did you have to do significantly more adjusting to what you were doing so it wouldn't hit in the hallways/doorways?

If it did, then you might want to keep it short, if it's fine in that situation, go for it and add that 3 1/2". Just a short quick test that will show you more than anyone could tell you. It's all about application, and that would be one way to test the length in that application.

That's a really good idea and I already have another shotgun with a 22" barrel and I've tried it that way with no ill effect. Part of the reason is that our home is large with wide hallways, stairs, and doors. (our hallways are 5' wide and our staircases are 6' wide inside measurement.)

Oops my mistake - just measured. Stairs are 5' inside - still wider than normal and plenty wide. The stair framing is 6' outside and I forgot that. Subtract walls.

Get a Remington Police Magnum, it has the upgraded trigger group. Add a mag extension if you want. A knoxx stock is nice. If you don't like the safety on the trigger guard go with the Mossy with the tang safety.

remmy.jpg

HS-10B bullpup...

Shorter than an SBS with a 18 inch barrel, mount a laser, light, or red dot on the rail. I may install a magazine extension to give it two more rounds in capacity but its an extensive rework and not really worth it in my view. 4+1 should be enough for most HD social work. Works best with 12 pellet OO Buck loads.

HS-10B bullpup...

Shorter than an SBS with a 18 inch barrel, mount a laser, light, or red dot on the rail. I may install a magazine extension to give it two more rounds in capacity but its an extensive rework and not really worth it in my view. 4+1 should be enough for most HD social work. Works best with 12 pellet OO Buck loads.
HS10bshotgun.jpg

That well do!:s0155: If five rounds doesn't get it done, a shotgun was the wrong choice to start with.

If it were me I would go with the 1200 defender in the youth stock, when you take 4" off the front and 2" off the back, you will find it much more handy and the manual of arms will be the same. -

Of course for a scant $200 to ATF for a SBS, youcan make them REALLY handy.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews