JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Are you prohibited from owning the guns she wants to leave there? If so does she know you can not posses guns? If so both of you are taking a risk.
If you are not prohibited from owning a gun? How exactly is anyone who cares going to find out? Do you have some way to secure them? It "could" be a sticky situation if they are stolen from your home, she has them papered to her name, and then she has to report to the Police her guns got stolen from your home. Again all this is from someone who in not a lawyer and did not stay in a Holiday Inn.
The net makes a rather poor place to seek legal help.

I legally own guns I cannot bring back into CA. I have a safe in a gun room in a friends house in a friendly state. I rent that space for 10 cents a year. [ every 10 years or so I toss him a buck] He has no control over what is in the safe. Per legal agreement it is just rented storage. This works for my situation.
My understanding of Oregon law is that the guns must be in her control. If she had a storage locker or safe at your place that only she had access to, then they are only under her control. DR

Isn't there a clause for "sporting or hunting purposes"? I'd assume that is a wide, vague grey area but does mention the ability to leave property with someone for a brief time.. a totally subjective, nonsensical time..

The "law" they conjured up is asinine.

1697397519090.png

1697396390853.png

Aloha, Mark

PS....or perhaps it's just better to advise people.....
1697396717799.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews