JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey Folks,

I am traveling from WA down to Bend OR to visit a friend and plan on gifting him an AR15 and 308 bolt gun. Two questions

1. Will it be seemless for me assuming he clears background checks? i.e., one visit for me to bring the rifles in for transfer similar to that in state in WA?

2. Recommendation in Bend OR for a reputable FFL to transfer.

TIA

Tom

1. Yes.

2. I hear some of them are pretty expensive down there. I would call around. I use this: https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index when trying to locate reasonably priced ffl's out of my area. I did a deal down there awhile back and paid $40 or $45 for a transfer (not great but not terrible these days) , unfortunately I don't recall the name of the ffl.

I'm sure some Bend area members will chime in as well and can help narrow it down for you.

Don't forget to:
  1. Load up those standard capacity mags.
  2. Fly the standard of the Army of Northern Virginia from your car as you roll south.
  3. Tape two mags together & have em ready in case you meet Jay or Turd on your way down.

1. Yes.

2. I hear some of them are pretty expensive down there. I would call around. I use this: https://www.gunbroker.com/ffl/index when trying to locate reasonably priced ffl's out of my area. I did a deal down there awhile back and paid $40 or $45 for a transfer (not great but not terrible these days) , unfortunately I don't recall the name of the ffl.

I'm sure some Bend area members will chime in as well and can help narrow it down for you.
@RVTECH lives in that general vicinity, maybe he knows of an FFL who does transfers w/o charging your monthly mortgage payment.

maybe he knows of an FFL who does transfers w/o charging your monthly mortgage payment.
Lost Creek Armory in Bend.

I've dealt with Tom there several times and always had a good experience.

I do NOT know what he is charging for a transfer now however they have excellent reviews from customers.

Last Edited:
Lost Creek Armory in Bend.

I've dealt with Tom there several times and always had a good experience.

I do NOT know what he is charging for a transfer now however they have excellent reviews from customers.
Thank you. I will check that out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads