JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah, they still don't know what to look for. The average person is glued to their phone, let alone noticing a funny bulge in someone's pants.
I disagree. Politics has become a major social justice topic now. The average person is well aware of rising CCW permits and gun culture now is an easy google to lurk in forums like this. Twitter is very efficient at putting all sides out in the open. I know very far left extremist people who follow everything from Trump himself to pro gun groups to all other generally conservative movements. Everything is out in the open now, and the last thing you want to do is be in a conversation about gun control with them they will stop and ask if you carry. You can lie, but they know what to look for. SJWs love to call things out.

Yeah, they still don't know what to look for. The average person is glued to their phone, let alone noticing a funny bulge in someone's pants.
99% of America is oblivious to their surroundings.

I keep a loaded truck rifle (let's say it's a standard AR-15) properly stored in my vehicle.
Legally fine, until you got to the part about the rifle being loaded in the vehicle.

In some locales, under certain criteria, this may be illegal. In some locales, under certain criteria, it may even be illegal to have a loaded mag and gun in a vehicle, even if they are separate.

Also, the laws are changing. E.G., 114 and 348

If you feel you need a loaded gun, at the very least, get a CCP/CHL/etc. permit and have a loaded handgun. If you feel the need to also have a long gun, then have the mag separate from the long gun.

not politically anymore.
Politics mean nothing.

If your face is buried in your phone 90 percent of your day you're going to miss everything around you. That goes for the left and the right. Americans in general have no concept of their surroundings or even a baseline to work from when an abnormality is presented. Conservatives are just as complacent and oblivious as liberals.

If your face is buried in your phone 90 percent of your day you're going to miss everything around you. That goes for the left and the right. Americans in general have no concept of their surroundings or even a baseline to work from when an abnormality is presented. Conservatives are just as complacent and oblivious as liberals.
true but I feel thats a different subject. Being around SJWs is different and many of them dont live buried in their phones.

I guess @1775usmc and I are the outliers.
I have from time to time but for all day, 12hr+ and driving, a smaller package works best. I've done it with 1911s and big Sigs but for all day and bio breaks I work with what works best.

When my daughter was in college during the peaceful riots in Portland, I gave a lot of thought into heavier solutions. Luckily it never came to that, but everyone has their own needs.

I have from time to time but for all day, 12hr+ and driving, a smaller package works best. I've done it with 1911s and big Sigs but for all day and bio breaks I work with what works best.

When my daughter was in college during the peaceful riots in Portland, I gave a lot of thought into heavier solutions. Luckily it never came to that, but everyone has their own needs.
That's the great thing about CCW. We all can carry what we feel is adequate for our own needs and environments.

And we can take our own risks. Cause at the end of the day we assume all the responsibility.

Last Edited:
Only someone that carries is going to notice. The liberal snowflake doesn't have a clue....
I'm going on my 2nd renewal now, so over a decade. No one has ever challenged or asked, if they did notice. That includes when I used to go into PDX. I see some people and make assumptions.

I've been in a t-shirt and shorts with a G17 OWB in front of a cop, and he never noticed.
Same. I've had multiple conversations with LEOs while carrying a G45/G17/G34 in jeans and a tshirt. Whether they noticed I have no idea. But they never asked or said anything if they did… haha.

My Five Seven & PS90 are my "get home" guns. I almost always have my GHB supplies in my daily driver, but if I were to go on a trip longer than an hour or so, my get home guns are candidates for inclusion. I would hate to be hundreds of miles away from home with only a handgun and a box of ammo for defense if SHTF while I was far from home.

"I just got a jet ski, and I like to fanaticize about rescuing a puppy swept out to sea with it," is how this kind of thread topic reads to me.

If I was outside of a school with a shooting going on and I had a CCW, there is NO WAY I would go back to the car for a different gun. Time is life - know how to use what you have.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews