JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Any chance it's a Saiga ak? Or you could adapt to that Magazine type? If so ,they sell 5 rounders.
Yeah I about bought one of those. Glad I didn't. My Arsenal SAM5 has a "ak74" profile magwell. Whereas saiga rifles have a "akm" size profile magwell.

I found this old thread asking with a similar conversation

Re-read my post.

Here is the ODFW site. The tread link I posted was broken.

Centerfire firearm (rifles and handguns)
It is unlawful to hunt game mammals with:

• .22 caliber rimfire (except for western gray squirrel).
  • Fully automatic firearms.
  • Semiautomatic rifles with a magazine capacity greater than five cartridges (except for western gray squirrel).
  • Tracer or full-metal jacket bullets.
  • Infrared, night vision, laser or any other sight that projects a beam to the target, including scopes with electronic rangefinders and scopes that receive information from any electronic device.

I have been looking for lower cap mags just incase 114 does pass. I don't hunter so I'm not going to give you my input on that. But I will say an AK with a 5 round magazine is an abomination. I understand they are made for a specific purpose but GD!

Forgive me if you already know this. Along with the 5rd mag limit its also a law requiring expanding projectiles.
Im not familiar with any hunting loads for 556, but my guess is your actually using 223 ammo which there are several hunting loads available.

From the Q & A on Oregon.gov:

Q: Can I hunt with a 10 round capacity if I use a mag block that limits it to a 5 round capacity?

A: Yes the magazine block would be legal. As long as the magazine does not have a capacity greater than 5 rounds you can hunt with it.

However I have seen many 5 round mags over the years for AR's. I actually had one when I had my 'old' AR 15 A1.

Last Edited:
81fg6a.jpg

RE : Neutering your magazines
BTW.....vasectomy reversals are not a guaranteed thing.

BUT, But, but.....I got these for free (in an ammo deal).
1696445061194.png

Yeah.....the guy was an ex-Californian. So, whatever. BTW.....I suspect that they were pinned to accept only 10 rounds (or whatever the limit is in CA).

1696445200984.png

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews