JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
True, but we practiced it regularly in our dept. That said, I think it should be a last resort if you can get everyone into a saferoom that you're standing last line of defense over.

Believe me friend I would rather have two. In the Army doing CQB training we always cleared rooms with two. I can't ask my wife to do it so I'm stuck with me.

Ok i can see where that constitutes as tact-cool training! :rolleyes:

As stated, this isn't a paintball competition but rather a real life situation where a "homeowner hears a noise in the middle of the night"

Geez...
As opposed to an arm-chair Monday morning (literally) authority on the subject.

Good to hear that you and family are OK, stuff gets real when it actually happens to us.

I will engage in the nude with my EDC in hand to check out noises because sometimes you may not have time to go get your piece.
I do training while the wife is at work then we both go through a drill so she is kept in the loop for when something happens.

I don't have anything useful to add, just a story I heard a few years ago. I read it in the newspaper. A guy woke up at 2am because someone was pounding on his front door, demanding to be let in. The homeowner quickly escaped out the back door as a huge man literally crashed through the front door as he broke it down.

The article said that police arrived to find the intruder asleep on the couch. Turned out he was the guy's neighbor who left the bar intoxicated at closing time, got mixed up about where his house was, and thought his woman had locked him out. The article said that all charges were dropped because he profusely apologized to his neighbor, thanked him for not shooting him, and repaired the broken door the next day.

I don't mean to imply that you shouldn't have the right to defend yourself with deadly force, just that it's really nice if you don't have to. :)

Epilogue: the funny part of that story is the fact that I recognized the name of the intruder in the article as someone I actually had known for many years. He would be one big, scary dude breaking through a door in the middle of the night, but is actually a pretty good guy as far as I know.

This is something that I'd hope we all practiced. If you don't have training, there is some good info on the interwebz on how to effectively clear a home. We always did it in two's but it can be done with one person in a pinch.

The more the merrier! We often will serve a warrant with 4 to 6 going in. It goes to show that a guy on his turf can be a dangerous foe. Gaining ground and keeping it, when its not yours, is difficult.

The stay-put method can work with one or two bad guys. If its three or more with a real wild hare to get you, it will be tough. Good thing most bad guys lose the stomach to duke it out when guy #1 takes a load of 00 buck to the face at less than 5 yards.

The more the merrier! We often will serve a warrant with 4 to 6 going in. It goes to show that a guy on his turf can be a dangerous foe. Gaining ground and keeping it, when its not yours, is difficult.

The stay-put method can work with one or two bad guys. If its three or more with a real wild hare to get you, it will be tough. Good thing most bad guys lose the stomach to duke it out when guy #1 takes a load of 00 buck to the face at less than 5 yards.

Well, well... a new Dick Tracy character... "Mushhead"!

As opposed to an arm-chair Monday morning (literally) authority on the subject.

I am fascinated, after you stating hundreds of hours of tact-cool TRAINING, and as you also stated it wasn't in a classroom but PRACTICAL.

I am sorry you really believe playing paintball qualifies you to espouse expertise for tact-cool response to a home invasion to JQPublic.

Have a good day

Glad you okay!
And a distant 2nd you didn't have to take lethal matters.

Great lesson in always carry your pistol to check out the bump in the night. With as crazy as this guy was, it could have ended much worse.

.He would be one big, scary dude breaking through a door in the middle of the night,.
giphy.gif

Glad a safe ending for you. Definitely a reminder to all of us to not become complacent in checking on those noises in the house.

Not saying I am going to put on my PC every time, but grabbing the EDC wouldn't be a bad idea as insurance if I feel the need to investigate something.

Home security is a fickle thing, we are fooled into a false sense of protection because we are inside our own homes, but very little actually prevents someone from entering our homes if they really want to.

When me and the lady tie the knot and get a house together we will definitely have a couple dogs for this very purpose, they are aware of smells that I can't smell and sounds that I can't hear and they are an early warning system / deterrent / distraction for any ill intent persons.

Last Edited:
Glad every thing went well, and no body got hurt! I would have a look at your homes security, how did the skinny get in? how much trouble did he have to go through? Then I would look into ways to shore your place up in such a way as to not make life more complicated for you and family! Thorny bushes are a great way to lessen the chances of entry around/under windows, and other types of shrubs can help as well! Also might consider some sort of night light in the open areas of your home, making it difficult for a skinny to hide or to avoid being found, and a good old fashioned K-9 can really help provide early warning and a instant threat to any skinny who dares enter your space! Lastly, having a set of outside lights, especially blinking lights to draw attention to your home so that LEO and neighbors know exactly where trouble is!!!

Here is my portable security device, only down side is he doesn't sound off much when trouble is about, but he can crush a mans leg in his Jaw, and cause sever injury with K-9s almost 3 inches long, plus he weighs 235 pounds dry, and only tanks up on puppy fuel twice a day! Unless shot some place vital, you cannot stop him, and he can pull start an MRAP
newfoundland-dog.jpg

Glad every thing went well, and no body got hurt! I would have a look at your homes security, how did the skinny get in? how much trouble did he have to go through? Then I would look into ways to shore your place up in such a way as to not make life more complicated for you and family! Thorny bushes are a great way to lessen the chances of entry around/under windows, and other types of shrubs can help as well! Also might consider some sort of night light in the open areas of your home, making it difficult for a skinny to hide or to avoid being found, and lastly a good old fashioned K-9 can really help provide early warning and a instant threat to any skinny who dares enter your space! Lastly, having a set of outside lights, especially blinking lights to draw attention to your home so that LEO and neighbors know exactly where trouble is!!!

Here is my portable security device, only down side is he doesn't sound off much when trouble is about, but he can crush a mans leg in his teeth, and cause sever injury with K-9s almost 3 inches long, plus he weighs 235 pounds dry, and only tanks up on puppy fuel twice a day! Unless shot some place vital, you cannot stop him, and he can pull start an MRAP
View attachment 446465

All that meat and no potatoes!

<broken link removed>

He looks like a zombie but I'm sure He's just a nice young man trying to turn his life around. Too bad the dog didn't get to chew on him a little this time like before. Seems this guy's been a local pain in the azz for quite a while.

Just read the news story well I hate to say it but YOU SHOULD HAVE SHOT HIM look at his record he will be out and do it again .next time wake up and take your gun with you hell he was on OREGON most wanted list before had many run ins with law enforcement been in and out of jail drugs assault bla blah blah and here he is STANDING IN YOUR HOUSE AT 21:00 MMMMMM YOUR LUCKY IT WENT DOWN LIKE IT DID .just saying

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads