JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
At exactly 9:00 PM I heard an odd noise that startled me out of a half-sleep. I did not know if I was dreaming or what but I got up (gun not in hand yet) to discover a GUY STANDING IN MY KITCHEN babbling something! I turned back into my bedroom and grabbed my CZ and flashlight and returned and he had gone out the back door. I threw on some sweats, cleared the house and called 911. They said deputies are on the way and asked I stay on the front porch and secure my weapon. The first showed up and drove past and I shined my light at him and he backed up. Two others rolled up and one walked up my driveway and about that time I heard yelling and it was the others yelling at someone to stop and one drew down on the guy over my fence toward the neighbors yard. I had already texted my neighbor but he already saw the lights and heard the commotion. Two LEOs were on top of the guy and he was out of his mind. They knew who he was and he had just got out of jail and was on parole. He now has burglary 1 and trespassing facing him. The LEOs were very professional and had no problem with me carrying my gun. They told me I handled the situation well and and I told them if he had still been in my kitchen when I returned with my gun this would probably have turned out very different. They told me I was on 'good grounds' if it had - as a known criminal who had broken in my house. After he was in the back of the LEO pickup they told me to go look at him an make a positive ID - it was him as I described him very close including the color of the shirt he had on. He was so out of his mind he looked like a caged animal and was chewing on the expanded metal cage in the back. Crazy night and what an adrenaline rush - I doubt I'll sleep tonight.

Last Edited:
Glad it all turned out well, I bet next time the gun will be in your hand on the initial check. Very lucky for the burglar that it wasn't this time, he probably would have ended up with a fatal case of lead poisoning:D

The area I am in has been relatively trouble free for all the years I have lived here. This is the worst thing that has happened since I have been here - and it happened to me!

I'm glad your doing ok rvtech you handled it like a pro and no one was killed a+ it's scary when someone invades your space you feel violated good thing you didn't have that spitfire CZ of yours or he would have been Swizz cheese

I'm glad your doing ok rvtech you handled it like a pro and no one was killed a+ it's scary when someone invades your space you feel violated good thing you didn't have that spitfire CZ of yours or he would have been Swizz cheese
Hey thanks - yea if I had it in hand initially this may have turned out differently.

When the rush settles might I recommend you devise a viable game plan in the unlikely event someone invades your home again!

YOU were extremely fortunate to experience this incident without sustaining any personal injury or anybody else being injured.

YOU were extremely fortunate there was only one and not multiple intruders!

I hope you will examine the security of your home, garage, etc., and affect appropriate repairs which includes installing appropriate security devices to preclude future intrusions.

I hope your game plan includes a telephone in your bedroom as well as a realization to remain in that room and not toddle in skives with or without a baseball bat or firearm, thus eliminating the situation where you just walked into the living room and startled not one but three intruders who might be better armed or not! Now you have a serious life threatening personal self defense problem! Shootouts never end as one imagines.

Bravado is nice, but nicely imagined scenario(s) of 'what if' can turn around instantly where you are seriously in over your head.

You left a personal position of safety and walked into an unknown area occupied by an individual (this time just one) of unknown mental capacity, strength, capability, and finally unknown armament!

Yippee, your new plan brings a gun to your leaving your room...see above about numbers of intruders and their capabilities as you stand there in skivies, at best!

Oh good the nice LE smile at your expressed bravado with your sidearm on, but are you, after startling an intruder going to shoot, possibly mortally, someone while they are wrestling with your tv? Are you ready to clean up the aftermath mess, both physical or judicial? Are you financially capable to sustain $$$$$ legal fees as well as dealing with the perbs relatives or bros harassing you, or the newspeek wanting to bring the latest of this tragedy to their viewers?

Do your research and devise a plan to keep you and yours out of harms way during a home intrusion or worse an invasion!

But i hope your plan assures you do not leave your position of safety!

Glad it turned out alright, this time!

At exactly 9:00 PM I heard an odd noise that startled me out of a half-sleep. I did not know if I was dreaming or what but I got up (gun not in hand yet) to discover a GUY STANDING IN MY KITCHEN babbling something! I turned back into my bedroom and grabbed my CZ and flashlight and returned and he had gone out the back door. I threw on some sweats, cleared the house and called 911. They said deputies are on the way and asked I stay on the front porch and secure my weapon. The first showed up and drove past and I shined my light at him and he backed up. Two others rolled up and one walked up my driveway and about that time I heard yelling and it was the others yelling at someone to stop and one drew down on the guy over my fence toward the neighbors yard. I had already texted my neighbor but he already saw the lights and heard the commotion. Two LEOs were on top of the guy and he was out of his mind. They knew who he was and he had just got out of jail and was on parole. He now has burglary 1 and trespassing facing him. The LEOs were very professional and had no problem with me carrying my gun. They told me I handled the situation well and and I told them if he had still been in my kitchen when I returned with my gun this would probably have turned out very different. They told me I was on 'good grounds' if it had - as a known criminal who had broken in my house. After he was in the back of the LEO pickup they told me to go look at him an make a positive ID - it was him as I described him very close including the color of the shirt he had on. He was so out of his mind he looked like a caged animal and was chewing on the expanded metal cage in the back. Crazy night and what an adrenaline rush - I doubt I'll sleep tonight.

Glad things turned out well . You should get a dog he will let you know if someone comes in your house.

My only question is why did you go investigate a BUMP IN THE NIGHT AND LEAVE YOUR GUN IN THE BEDROOM lol gun and flashlight MVIMG_20180331_162518.jpg

I think you'll find a lot of people will have a lotta "I woulda" or "you shoulda" comments.. hind sight is 20/20... fact is middle of the night in your own home is the one place you should be able to walk around in your skivies without worry.
Nobody in their right mind will put on their plate carrier, and have a contingency plan for ever scenario every time they walk to the Kitchen to get a drink of water...
That said this is a good wake up call(NPI) for all of us to think about how important or rights are, and to know exactly what they are, and how to react in a worse case scenario... one that could have played out just as easily if the whims of a madman were to stay in your house rather than wonder out...

+1 on the K9 alarm system... they are smart enough not to go off if my teenagers come in late, or knock something over on the way to the bathroom in the middle of the night... but relentless if a stranger comes within smelling distance.

For a very bad situation , It could not have worked out better and he was apprehended so you know he should not be back tomorrow.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top