JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My "training" was not sitting in a classroom listening to war stories. It was practical, real life experience in the woods, in buildings, in village scenarios, and other situations. For 5 years I was a member of a professional paintball team. I shot 5000 rounds per week at real opponents in these scenarios. This was team on team, and individual against individual. There were no scripts and no setups. There was nobody I didn't beat consistently in a one-on-one. The sheriff and local police used our field and our facilities, and equipment like ours (semi-auto AR style weapons) for training. We beat them consistently whenever we faced off. There's no better training scenario. Law enforcement and military around the world use this style of training. This is not textbook learning. This is learning what works, in the moment, with adrenaline flowing, against real, human opponents.

Two things immediately become obvious. 1. If your opponent knows where you are and you don't move you will be dead. 2. You MUST know where your opponents are, how many, and where their attention is directed. Otherwise you will be flanked, surprised, and eliminated.

I agree and have advocated paintball as a very good way to find out what really works and what doesn't.

How to stay as concealed as possible while still clearing rooms and obsticals.

We had Vancouver Swat rent out our facility for a night and we did a couple staff vs swat games. It was awesome fun but we had the home field advantage and won every game. We didn't have the fear of death in our strategies though either to be fair to the swat team.

I almost went pro back in the late 90's but had a kid and things changed. One of my best friends did go and traveled around for years playing. Another friend still plays today on an all women's team and they are very good. Both went to World Cup many times and placed well.

Good times. Angels had just come out for $1,200. I had a custom RT Mag and still regret selling it - but a kid is expensive..

The few times the house alarm went off in the middle of the night, I grabbed whatever gun I could get and searched the house. Some people just react to the situation at hand differently.

F5C3F53E-B891-4774-8A33-EA53CFBE6D47.jpeg I don't sleep well without a dog around. My 3 Akbash normally deal with any threat before I get to it. They total close to 500 lbs the only issue with them is they are quiet preferring to catch the "threat" rather than scare it off. This is my male a few years ago as a 6 month old puppy.......he just stopped growing as a 3 year old......165 lbs and can run a coyote to ground.

My "training" was not sitting in a classroom listening to war stories. It was practical, real life experience in the woods, in buildings, in village scenarios, and other situations. For 5 years I was a member of a professional paintball team. I shot 5000 rounds per week at real opponents in these scenarios. This was team on team, and individual against individual. There were no scripts and no setups. There was nobody I didn't beat consistently in a one-on-one. The sheriff and local police used our field and our facilities, and equipment like ours (semi-auto AR style weapons) for training. We beat them consistently whenever we faced off. There's no better training scenario. Law enforcement and military around the world use this style of training. This is not textbook learning. This is learning what works, in the moment, with adrenaline flowing, against real, human opponents.

Two things immediately become obvious. 1. If your opponent knows where you are and you don't move you will be dead. 2. You MUST know where your opponents are, how many, and where their attention is directed. Otherwise you will be flanked, surprised, and eliminated.

Ok i can see where that constitutes as tact-cool training! :rolleyes:

As stated, this isn't a paintball competition but rather a real life situation where a "homeowner hears a noise in the middle of the night"

Geez...

My overall plan is fairly simple - me, armed, between any bad guy(s) and my wife and daughter. If I go down, my wife, also armed, is between the bad guy(s) and our daughter. That may mean I'm in a room, with them locked (armed) in a room inside that room - on the phone with 911. I may defend in place or may leave the room - until I know the nature of what's going on, it's really hard to say. I'm okay waiting until the police get there - but I will be prepared to act if necessary. Hopefully it's never needed.

You have a family plan and take steps to follow that plan, I notice you did not state you go search immediately, but rather wait "to see"!

@RVTECH , glad it worked out okay for you!! Please keep us informed of any new information as to why he was in your house, what he is charged with, convicted of, and sentenced to.

I can safely bet that he would be charged with:

• Burglary in the First Degree, and,
  • Parole violation.
Something tells me that this mook is staring a minimum of five years in OSP (he could face ten years if the D. A. can prove to the judge a Measure 11 offense has been committed).

Last Edited:
I can safely bet that he would be charged with:

• Burglary in the First Degree, and,
  • Parole violation.
Something tells me that this mook is staring a minimum of five years in OSP (he could face ten if the judge can prove a Measure 11 offense).
Maby it will give him time to get off the drugs............

Saw that he's a repeat nutjob.. I'd for sure put some news notifications into my phone or laptop for when he gets out or whatever.. I wouldn't expect the police to inform me of much in the distant future because they're busy and then the hippa "laws" etc.

From the news story:
Bounds was arrested and taken to St. Charles Bend for medical evaluation and treatment, then to the county jail, where he was booked on charges of first-degree burglary, second-degree criminal trespass and second-degree criminal mischief. He remained held without bail Monday on a probation violation.

Glad your ok @RVTECH.

After our home being burgled at 3am one summer in 2011 by an armed drug addict it took us about 6 months to get that "violated" feeling to subside. I hope your's is quicker.

From the news story:
Bounds was arrested and taken to St. Charles Bend for medical evaluation and treatment, then to the county jail, where he was booked on charges of first-degree burglary, second-degree criminal trespass and second-degree criminal mischief. He remained held without bail Monday on a probation violation.

There you go!

If you do choose to clear your house, devise a plan that allows you to gain territory and not give it up. The feasibility of that depends on the layout of your home. Stairs can be a good or bad thing. If you have your living area upstairs and the badguy is downstairs, I'd think twice about giving up that chokepoint/high ground.

Good job RV. I'd really hate to have anything bad happen to anyone here. Well, besides those on the ignore list.

If you do choose to clear your house
This is something that I'd hope we all practiced. If you don't have training, there is some good info on the interwebz on how to effectively clear a home. We always did it in two's but it can be done with one person in a pinch.

This is something that I'd hope we all practiced. If you don't have training, there is some good info on the interwebz on how to effectively clear a home. We always did it in two's but it can be done with one person in a pinch.

two's can be rough. Since I am the only one that would do so. To compromise I have thought about using the camera system and two way radio's with head phones so my wife could tell me when and if she see's something. Not sure how that would work. It would sure take some practice.

Plus I am not sure I would want to give up my hearing. Just spit balling! :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top