JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They have different rules in TX. In CA once he was running away the shooter was looking at a Felony! DR
Hell, chances are that if perp wasn't running away and the citizen stepped up to protect the victim that the commifornia DA would still put him through the ringer! Just for the fear factor, knowing very well that it would never hold up in the end.

I suspect the Police will work harder to find the shooter than they would have looking for the scum if he had gotten away. The way so much of this kind of crime is just ignored the more people who are going to give up and the "law" and do what this guy did. Next we need jury nullification for people like the shooter who end up in court.

I suspect the Police will work harder to find the shooter than they would have looking for the scum if he had gotten away. The way so much of this kind of crime is just ignored the more people who are going to give up and the "law" and do what this guy did. Next we need jury nullification for people like the shooter who end up in court.
I suspect there is a lot of truth to this!:(

The bystander later called and met up with detectives to give them a statement. Detectives called the Harris County District Attorney's Office which determined this investigation would be presented to a grand jury.

KHOU 11 legal analyst Carmen Roe doubts the bystander will be charged but said there's always a chance.

nqk9s.jpg

I find myself agreeing with all the above comments…

The only fault I see with the armed citizen was his departure after putting the bad guy down. But then again, he had no way of knowing if said bad guy was working alone, so self preservation, which I get.

Give that man a key to the city for stepping in and take out the trash.

What I was thinking. 20 yards or so running. Fatal hit. Danged good. The police initially scanned the parking lot, but found no sign of the defender.
I don't understand why folks leave the scene on these things...like the taqueria shooter did as well. The police will find you and it's only going to hurt your case.

And I get leaving if you don't believe the scene is safe. But then you call the police from a safe place and let them know what's up.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top