JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When the rush settles might I recommend you devise a viable game plan in the unlikely event someone invades your home again!

YOU were extremely fortunate to experience this incident without sustaining any personal injury or anybody else being injured.

YOU were extremely fortunate there was only one and not multiple intruders!

I hope you will examine the security of your home, garage, etc., and affect appropriate repairs which includes installing appropriate security devices to preclude future intrusions.

I hope your game plan includes a telephone in your bedroom as well as a realization to remain in that room and not toddle in skives with or without a baseball bat or firearm, thus eliminating the situation where you just walked into the living room and startled not one but three intruders who might be better armed or not! Now you have a serious life threatening personal self defense problem! Shootouts never end as one imagines.

Bravado is nice, but nicely imagined scenario(s) of 'what if' can turn around instantly where you are seriously in over your head.

You left a personal position of safety and walked into an unknown area occupied by an individual (this time just one) of unknown mental capacity, strength, capability, and finally unknown armament!

Yippee, your new plan brings a gun to your leaving your room...see above about numbers of intruders and their capabilities as you stand there in skivies, at best!

Oh good the nice LE smile at your expressed bravado with your sidearm on, but are you, after startling an intruder going to shoot, possibly mortally, someone while they are wrestling with your tv? Are you ready to clean up the aftermath mess, both physical or judicial? Are you financially capable to sustain $$$$$ legal fees as well as dealing with the perbs relatives or bros harassing you, or the newspeek wanting to bring the latest of this tragedy to their viewers?

Do your research and devise a plan to keep you and yours out of harms way during a home intrusion or worse an invasion!

But i hope your plan assures you do not leave your position of safety!

Glad it turned out alright, this time!
I've experienced 2 attempted home invasions in my life as well as dozens of what I call "rats in buckets". the real attempts ended when I turned out to be armed. No shots fired. But most weird noises are because something fell over by itself. Or a rat got in the house, got itself trapped in a bucket, and is making a lot of noise trying to get out. If I called 911 for every rat in a bucket the cops would be pretty unhappy with me by now. And cower in the bedroom unable to sleep because there might be an intruder but is probably only a rat in a bucket? Doesn't work for me. Whenever I hear something unexplained, I grab a gun and pretend it is an intruder even though I'm pretty sure it's a rat in a bucket. I use the event as a house clearing drill. I use cover as I go from room to room, etc. When I figure out the source of the noise, I've had a nice little self defense drill and can go back to bed and sleep soundly.

RVTECH

Glad to hear everything turned out OK! And you are safe!
I guess, I would ask did you have your doors locked or did he gain entry some other way?
I live in the mountains of Tennessee and it would be very likely the law could be 20 - 25 or more minutes out on response time. So we in the area take care of our own in the meantime until they arrive. Due to the World we are living in today with Opioids, other Drugs and sickos of criminal mind, we keep all our doors locked at all times even when home and always have weapons available to us. Not that I am paranoid being a almost 30 year retired law enforcement officer and 16+ on a Metro SWAT Team. But we always take precautions just in case. A home invasion in the mountains would be very unlikely. But unlikely things do happen in the USA everyday. Probably as you went back and got your Gun then and only then, you were prepared! Neighbors here in the mountains have guns and know how to use them. It is likely the bad guys know this is not a healthy place to come for illegal activities! And Tennessee does have the Castle Doctrine! So here at the home place we are prepared as best as possible for the worst! Glad your situation came out very well! But I might suggest the next time you hear a Bump in the Night grab your Gun and a Flashlight! If he would have been armed when you first saw him we might have lost a friend on the NWFF! One never knows anymore! OMI!

Sniper 03

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top