JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You have a family plan and take steps to follow that plan, I notice you did not state you go search immediately, but rather wait "to see"!

Depends on the situation. When I've heard noises outside, for example, I've grabbed my gun and investigated. Same if I heard noises in the house. Now if I heard the sound of my front door being kicked in and one or more people coming into my house, I would likely react differently. Like I said, I weigh each situation on a case by case basis.

two's can be rough. Since I am the only one that would do so. To compromise I have thought about using the camera system and two way radio's with head phones so my wife could tell me when and if she see's something. Not sure how that would work. It would sure take some practice.

Plus I am not sure I would want to give up my hearing. Just spit balling! :rolleyes:

Regarding hearing protection, when I'm not out shooting, I keep my electronic hearing protection in the bedroom next to my bed. I have 2 sets, one for me, one for my wife. I have another non-electronic set my daughter can use as well. Nice thing is I can turn up the volume on the sets and really have better than normal hearing to listen to what's going on.

Glad every thing went well, and no body got hurt! I would have a look at your homes security, how did the skinny get in? how much trouble did he have to go through? Then I would look into ways to shore your place up in such a way as to not make life more complicated for you and family! Thorny bushes are a great way to lessen the chances of entry around/under windows, and other types of shrubs can help as well! Also might consider some sort of night light in the open areas of your home, making it difficult for a skinny to hide or to avoid being found, and a good old fashioned K-9 can really help provide early warning and a instant threat to any skinny who dares enter your space! Lastly, having a set of outside lights, especially blinking lights to draw attention to your home so that LEO and neighbors know exactly where trouble is!!!

Here is my portable security device, only down side is he doesn't sound off much when trouble is about, but he can crush a mans leg in his Jaw, and cause sever injury with K-9s almost 3 inches long, plus he weighs 235 pounds dry, and only tanks up on puppy fuel twice a day! Unless shot some place vital, you cannot stop him, and he can pull start an MRAP
View attachment 446465

My dog doesn't bark at people or even animal's he sees on a regular basis . But if someone is around he does not know or comes on the property he lets me know.he has a different bark when warning of trouble. it works well.

Glad every thing went well, and no body got hurt! I would have a look at your homes security, how did the skinny get in? how much trouble did he have to go through? Then I would look into ways to shore your place up in such a way as to not make life more complicated for you and family! Thorny bushes are a great way to lessen the chances of entry around/under windows, and other types of shrubs can help as well! Also might consider some sort of night light in the open areas of your home, making it difficult for a skinny to hide or to avoid being found, and a good old fashioned K-9 can really help provide early warning and a instant threat to any skinny who dares enter your space! Lastly, having a set of outside lights, especially blinking lights to draw attention to your home so that LEO and neighbors know exactly where trouble is!!!

Here is my portable security device, only down side is he doesn't sound off much when trouble is about, but he can crush a mans leg in his Jaw, and cause sever injury with K-9s almost 3 inches long, plus he weighs 235 pounds dry, and only tanks up on puppy fuel twice a day! Unless shot some place vital, you cannot stop him, and he can pull start an MRAP
View attachment 446465
Great pooch............any security professional will tell you a dog is the best defense, even a small one to alert you to a problem. Nothing works better. A gun is an effective backup but the dog is a first line of defense. Bad guys normally target homes without them.

Last Edited:
Well......... See if I ever come over to your house at 2AM and let myself in for a glass of water? :D

Glad all turned out OK.
I am glad also. I had someone try the same crap a few years back. I got ADT installed and have not thought about it since. The police officer that took the report said to me. "The crooks have a game plan, do you?"

glad your ok, I hate to hear things like this and yet it seems to be becoming more common, a few years ago my home was robbed the inside just ransacked, Law Enforcement found and arrested both invaders, same story they knew them both had arrest records and both known violent drug addicts in and out of jail.
we were just coming home from a Sunday lunch missed a face to face with the intruders by 10 min, according
to my neighbors security camera that showed them running from my driveway with stuffed back packs and arms full just before we pulled in.
The worst part is my wife no longer feels our home as home sweet home anymore kind of an eye opener yes it can and will happen and it might happen to you, never have felt totally relaxed and secure at home after that,
we now have 2 dog's , loaded gun handy "not in a safe" , pepper spray , stun gun , staged around the house and garage. Way more vigilant at home even added a security door and several motion sensor lights.
It seems society is breaking down more and more every day there is alot of this going on according to the last Officer I spoke to :(

:s0097: Not worth it brother! The ignore button is there for a reason. sooner or later they disappear or have no one to talk to.:D

Not yet... I want to study it's habbits.

F31D599F-F319-426C-B899-44BF82F4B480.jpeg

View attachment 446465

That dog weighs about the equivalent of 2 tweekers .Is he a nuffy?

Our bedroom is on the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs. I have (1) narrow "funnel of death" to watch and my choice of ES&D to launch should the need arise. There are no other occupants, so "bump in the night" can only be orcs.
Yeah, it would have been better for all Mankind if he had shot the perp, but it's better for him that he didn't.

Our bedroom is on the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs. I have (1) narrow "funnel of death" to watch and my choice of ES&D to launch should the need arise. There are no other occupants, so "bump in the night" can only be orcs.
Yeah, it would have been better for all Mankind if he had shot the perp, but it's better for him that he didn't.

Sounds like Mossberg shockwave territory

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads