JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your level of interest in buying, building and or using braced firearms?

• Total voters
We've been doing that for far too long and it hasn't worked well.
I agree with that statement completely. I'm just a pessimist, I guess. I just don't see us gun proponents as sitting on a full house or royal flush right now. More like aces and eights. Timing is everything, and I don't see now as the time. Others may disagree. Believe me, I would be thrilled to be wrong.

I agree with that statement completely. I'm just a pessimist, I guess. I just don't see us gun proponents as sitting on a full house or royal flush right now. More like aces and eights. Timing is everything, and I don't see now as the time. Others may disagree. Believe me, I would be thrilled to be wrong.
If the Left retakes the Supreme Court in the next 5 years, we may have a very rough go of it.

If the Left retakes the Supreme Court in the next 5 years, we may have a very rough go of it.
Clarence Thomas is 75. Samuel Alito is 73. Sonia Sotomayor is 69. Chief Justice John Roberts is 68. Elena Kagan, 63. The rest are in their 50s. There is a push to either force Thomas out, or to remove/impeach him. There is also a sort of push to remove or force Alito to retire.

Clarence Thomas is 75. Samuel Alito is 73. Sonia Sotomayor is 69. Chief Justice John Roberts is 68. Elena Kagan, 63. The rest are in their 50s. There is a push to either force Thomas out, or to remove/impeach him. There is also a sort of push to remove or force Alito to retire.
I heard a legal analyst say that the motorhome thing happened before he was a Justice, so it cannot apply.

Yeah. The Supreme Court is the one thing where we have a decent hand right now. The media, politicians and the education system have stacked the deck against us from a "winning the hearts and minds" standpoint. If the left retakes the court, it's not hard to imagine we end up like Australia.

I probably should step away from this thread, spreading doom and gloom on others. It stems from being an Oregonian for the past sixty plus years. It's just unbelievable how far this state has slid down the toilet. :( An older friend of mine made a statement about "really, how much worse can it get in what time we have left?" His statement/plan: "Just ride it out until death's sweet embrace. I weep for the children though." Ugh. Yeah, I'm done posting on this thread. On to cheerier topics.

If Thomas retires during the next time we have a "conservative" trifecta/majority in both Chambers; that would help stave off the attacks, maybe? Imagine heads exploding should the next R President nominate Benitez to SCOTUS :eek: lol
He'll undoubtedly be more responsible than Ruth, but he's such a superstar I'll still be a little bummed when he does.

He had some weird doings with a loan on a motorhome that he bought. The loan was from a friend, and was apparently forgiven at some point.
Who, Thomas of Alito? Both were mentioned in the post you quoted when you brought up the motorhome.

Clarence Thomas, silly.
Why do you say, "silly"? It was clearly not easily determined about whom you were referring when one reads this quote:

There is a push to either force Thomas out, or to remove/impeach him. There is also a sort of push to remove or force Alito to retire.

People are free to have whatever they want…
That's exactly the point... and if that is your feeling then I highly doubt he was referring to you.

A person doesn't have to agree with what someone else decides they feel the desire to own, but they do deserve the same level of staunch support of their right to do so, IMHO.

Around here, we do see a fair share of, "that's stupid", "if it's not for me, it's not for thee", "not complying with an illegal infringement law is stupid', "skirting around gooberment control laws is stupid".... it doesn't matter if it's perfectly legal or not... types of mentalities.

He ain't lyin....

Edit: Oh yeah... on the topic ( 🤣 )... A public poll on a legally charged topic? No thanks! :D
1699871544788.png

Last Edited:
That's exactly the point... and if that is your feeling then I highly doubt he was referring to you.

A person doesn't have to agree with what someone else decides they feel the desire to own, but they do deserve the same level of staunch support of their right to do so, IMHO.

Around here, we do see a fair share of, "that's stupid", "if it's not for me, it's not for thee", "not complying with an illegal infringement law is stupid', "skirting around gooberment control laws is stupid".... it doesn't matter if it's perfectly legal or not... types of mentalities.

He ain't lyin....

Edit: Oh yeah... on the topic ( 🤣 )... A public poll on a legally charged topic? No thanks! :D
View attachment 1761716
Like I've said in the past. I can think something is beyond stupid and at the same time advocate for your right to own it.

But if someone asks how I feel about braces I'm not going to lie. I think they are a gimmick. That doesn't mean I don't think the American people shouldn't be allowed to own them.

Period.

I also don't buy into the moral hierarchy/level of "patriotism" that is dictated by whether you form 1 or run a brace. A gun part doesn't put you in a certain class. It's all compliance. One way or another.

And buying a brace isn't being "defiant." You wanna be defiant…. Buy and 80% lower, mill it out, throw a SBR upper on it, and add a real stock.

That's being defiant. It also comes with jail time if you get caught.

Last Edited:
I also don't buy into the moral hierarchy/level of "patriotism" that is dictated by whether you form 1 or run a brace. A gun part doesn't put you in a certain class. It's all compliance. One way or another.

And buying a brace isn't being "defiant." You wanna be defiant…. Buy and 80% lower, mill it out, throw a SBR upper on it, and add a real stock.

That's being defiant. It also comes with jail time if you get caught.
I also don't buy into, everyone does things for the same reasons. As far as gifts, when I left Germany, gave my used BMW to a young squadron member I didn't particularly like, but the previous owner had given me the car because he had to leave on family emergency orders.

It pissed some of my friends off because they felt they deserved the car. But to any vets here, the kid I gave it to was just married, young, in Germany and the wolves were circling his wife. Same with the motor home loan. Everyone thinks they know, maybe they are right, but people have their own reasons.

Tis just a temporary disruption in the tyranny and suppression of firearms owners.
Is it a win? No more then getting a coupon in the mail for steaks is.
Yea smells good, looks good. But once you eat it. It was just a steak.

The Left: who cares about braces, if we ban associated firearms, what are they going to brace anyways.
This game was over and lost over 10 years ago.

Me, I see some big event happening, that is going to slam shut Gun Rights as we know them.
With rising tensions both racially and politically. There will no doubt be a incident that will
allow executive order to swoop in. Seems like the left is posturing, and recent events were just tests.

Buy hey what do I know.
I don't have a brace. No wants for it.

Argus

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads