JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your level of interest in buying, building and or using braced firearms?

• Total voters
Sad but true

Soap box isn't working, when media is largely beholden to donors and agenda driven money

Ballot box isn't working, when there's doubts about truthfulness of counts and massive amount of apathy and tribalism

Jury box, may not end in our favor because of delaying tactics and because there are only two Justices that are likely on our side, the rest being squishy

Cartridge box- so far unopened because there ain't a strong enough will in enough numbers to matter.
It's best to just live your life (low profile) the way you see fit.

The 2A "community" is fractured and will never unite. What makes us think the American populace as a whole will ever be unified…… lol.

We can dream, up until the point reality kicks us in the dick.

At the end of the day own what you want, do what you want, and carry on.

Politicians/government/agencies will never come to our rescue. They care way too much about power and money. And the American people are stuck in their ways that there will never be "compromise."

Sad but true

Soap box isn't working, when media is largely beholden to donors and agenda driven money

Ballot box isn't working, when there's doubts about truthfulness of counts and massive amount of apathy and tribalism

Jury box, may not end in our favor because of delaying tactics and because there are only two Justices that are likely on our side, the rest being squishy

Cartridge box- so far unopened because there ain't a strong enough will in enough numbers to matter.
Jury box has scored a few big wins in recent years, with more on the table. No one is going to want to open the ammo box until the jury box is spent out and failed.

I guess I'm not convinced we will ever convert people to our philosophical side, outside some sort of catastrophic event. Until such happens, I think we will continue our inexorable march toward the gun controllers' dream. Ramping up the fear factor at this time, may just result in hastening that result. I think our chances are better playing the long game and waiting for a better time when the odds might be more in our favor. I realize, that may time never come.
We've been doing that for far too long and it hasn't worked well.

This won't work on a phone or tablet, so instead, add it to your personal media gallery, which is here:
View attachment 1761114

And link to it in your post. You can directly paste images to a post, but not a GIF for some reason.
Another method is to download GIFs off the net, and then save them to an album you create under Media | Your Content | Your Albums. Then, you can open the GIF in the album, copy the image BB code, and then paste the code directly into a post. No other clicks are necessary, and the GIF will appear without a need for the reader to click. That's how I do these all the time...

full.gif

Another method is to download GIFs off the net, and then save them to an album you create under Media | Your Content | Your Albums. Then, you can open the GIF in the album, copy the image BB code, and then paste the code directly into a post. No other clicks are necessary, and the GIF will appear without a need for the reader to click. That's how I do these all the time...

View attachment 1761240
When you upload using my instructions, it will prompt you to select a category or album. I should have included that step.

There was two guys at the indoor range yesterday to the left and right of me that brought their pistol braced AR with them. The sound waves from each side sucked.

Jury box has scored a few big wins in recent years, with more on the table. No one is going to want to open the ammo box until the jury box is spent out and failed.
Bruen was pretty good, yes. District level, so far interesting. But it's still not quite settled law regarding pistol braces, bump stocks, and we still have the GCA 1968, NFA 1934, Hughes Amendment of FOPA 1986 to eliminate and again, I have my doubts that SCOTUS would touch these and that Congress will do anything to reduce these.. very much believe that Congress will try to expand on these laws in spite of SCOTUS and District rulings.

Edit. Every SCOTUS 2A related decision since Miller; have reinforced that NFA 1934, GCA 1968 and quite possibly FOPA 1986 Hughes Amendment.. are ""good"" settled laws and untouched, particularly with the statement in Heller about "Dangerous and Unusual weapons".

I SBR'ed everything back several years ago when I built them, always thought the brace thingy was a bad idea, and with the rules THEN, it seemed kind of like more trouble then nit was worth, so I went through the hoops to do the SBR thing, No Regerts!

I disagree. I think violating the spirit of the law while staying firmly within the law itself is a demonstration to our "betters" that it does not matter what they do, we will find a way to ignore them and make them show themselves for what they are. We complied with your dumb law and we still did what we wanted to, now what?

We force them to drop the mask and abandon the rule of law to come after us.

The ATF has demonstrated time and time again they are more than willing to do this, and this behavior is seeping into the public consciousness more an more. ATF memes are showing up on non-firearms related boards, centrist aligned blogs are talking about ATF overreach and violations and opinions are changing. And this works better for us when we comply with the law than when we don't. I am not saying I will harp on anyone solidly on the "I will not comply" bandwagon, they have their point and their place in the political landscape as well, but what I am saying is that these two types of people are on the same team, they are working towards the same goals in different ways, and those ways absolutely work together.

This is why innovation at the edge of the NFA is essential. We need to push the boundary right up over that edge, and do so in a way that stays exactly within the letter of the law. Full auto without tripping a single line of legislation. SBR/SBS everything without a legally recognized stock in sight. The ATF really does not want to go to court on what a receiver is? Let's design a dozen new unorthodox firearms that violate all the design principles the ATF uses to decide where to put a serial number and force the ATF to step into court to sort it out. This is not compliance, this is defiance with an explicit dare to challenge us on it and risk full exposure for who they really are and what they really are about.

They really do not want that because such exposure would cause them a real headache with low information voters who still prefer the illusion of "equal protection", "just rule of law" and all the other legal niceties they believe we all operate under. Meanwhile the ATF et. al. want to operate 100% in the realm of extralegal letters, bureaucratic rulings that impact only their target (divide and conquer donchaknow) and rule-making they can use to enforce whatever the hell they want with only a fictional fig leaf of the cover of legislative law. If we let them do that they win, because the greater public will simply assume that they have full legislative powers to do that. This assumption will give the courts cover to continue deference and maintain the air if impartial and just application of the law. This is the fiction they want to maintain, and the fiction we must destroy with raw, naked, driven innovation. Every new innovation we put out there and popularize is one more rung on the ladder that will drag our fellow countrymen into the light of reality.

I disagree. I think violating the spirit of the law while staying firmly within the law itself is a demonstration to our "betters" that it does not matter what they do, we will find a way to ignore them and make them show themselves for what they are. We complied with your dumb law and we still did what we wanted to, now what?

We force them to drop the mask and abandon the rule of law to come after us.

The ATF has demonstrated time and time again they are more than willing to do this, and this behavior is seeping into the public consciousness more an more. ATF memes are showing up on non-firearms related boards, centrist aligned blogs are talking about ATF overreach and violations and opinions are changing. And this works better for us when we comply with the law than when we don't. I am not saying I will harp on anyone solidly on the "I will not comply" bandwagon, they have their point and their place in the political landscape as well, but what I am saying is that these two types of people are on the same team, they are working towards the same goals in different ways, and those ways absolutely work together.

This is why innovation at the edge of the NFA is essential. We need to push the boundary right up over that edge, and do so in a way that stays exactly within the letter of the law. Full auto without tripping a single line of legislation. SBR/SBS everything without a legally recognized stock in sight. The ATF really does not want to go to court on what a receiver is? Let's design a dozen new unorthodox firearms that violate all the design principles the ATF uses to decide where to put a serial number and force the ATF to step into court to sort it out. This is not compliance, this is defiance with an explicit dare to challenge us on it and risk full exposure for who they really are and what they really are about.

They really do not want that because such exposure would cause them a real headache with low information voters who still prefer the illusion of "equal protection", "just rule of law" and all the other legal niceties they believe we all operate under. Meanwhile the ATF et. al. want to operate 100% in the realm of extralegal letters, bureaucratic rulings that impact only their target (divide and conquer donchaknow) and rule-making they can use to enforce whatever the hell they want with only a fictional fig leaf of the cover of legislative law. If we let them do that they win, because the greater public will simply assume that they have full legislative powers to do that. This assumption will give the courts cover to continue deference and maintain the air if impartial and just application of the law. This is the fiction they want to maintain, and the fiction we must destroy with raw, naked, driven innovation. Every new innovation we put out there and popularize is one more rung on the ladder that will drag our fellow countrymen into the light of reality.
Disagree all you want.

We don't have to share the same opinion. That's the great thing about America.

Fudd....

Ironically....you never see Elmer loading or even re-loading his side x side..or at times single barrel shotgun...
Yet he never seems to run outta ammo...so he must have some sort of "high capacity " magazine.... :D
Not sure where old Elmer stands on pistol braces...LOL
Andy

Last Edited:
Fudd....

Ironically....you never see Elmer loading or even re-loading his side x side..or at times single barrel shotgun...
Yet he never seems to run outta ammo...so he must have some sort of "high capacity " magazine.... :D
Andy
The Magic Hollywood Magazine in a gun with no magazine. Before it was invented. That's some complex time travel right there.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top