JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your level of interest in buying, building and or using braced firearms?

• Total voters
Ahh yes.

We all must have the same opinion! And if yours doesn't line up with mine then shut your mouth……

I'll repost the meme.

IMG_3662.jpeg

Why are you running a brace?

Answer - Because it's illegal to run a stock.

I rest my case.

Last Edited:
I think some on this thread are equating someone having no desire to own a brace with someone willing to vote to deny others the right to own a brace. I don't think that's true, at least in most cases. Personally, I don't own, and don't have any desire to own a brace. Heck, I probably wouldn't own an SBR even if there were no additional rules/hoops for owning one. Maybe if I won one or received one as a gift, but I wouldn't be looking to buy one. I look at braces the way many on this forum look at (for example) a Desert Eagle .44 magnum. There aren't a lot of practical reasons for most folks to own one. I own one because I got a great deal on it and it's fun to take out and blast away with on occasion. I don't care if others think it's a waste of money, as long as they don't want to infringe on my right to own one. Do I expect everyone to vehemently defend my right to own one? Certainly not. Individual people only have so many flocks to give. So, if they don't give a flock about Desert Eagles (or braces), that's their right. I don't expect others to want to die on every hill I choose.

ANNNNDDDD so much for being more together than apart.

Everyone can have an opinion, but talk about YOUR opinion not whether you agree or disagree with someone else's. My life will not change one bit if we don't agree on a brace or a stock. But its not a good look on anyone.

I'm telling you to tone it down.
Hate to burst your bubble. But you don't own the internet.

This is America. I can think something is completely stupid and at the same time advocate for your ability to own and use it.

If that hurts your feelings hit that ignore button.

@Flopsweat @1775usmc

Edit to add: Sorry. I don't know how to attach a .gif that you don't have to click on.
On a desktop or laptop, use the Insert Remote Image button

1699814499866.png

and chose Link

1699814558351.png

paste in the link to the image.

This won't work on a phone or tablet, so instead, add it to your personal media gallery, which is here:
1699814873661.png

And link to it in your post. You can directly paste images to a post, but not a GIF for some reason.

To be clear - that's you and @Flopsweat - not me.

Well, if it is me, weekdays aren't good for me. Weekends either. And, NO KNIVES. I've seen you're posts. You're waaaaaaaaay to fond of knives. I'm on blood thinners, so knives aren't good. :s0002:
You can moderate. Haha.

On a desktop or laptop, use the Insert Remote Image button

View attachment 1761101

and chose Link

View attachment 1761104

paste in the link to the image.

This won't work on a phone or tablet, so instead, add it to your personal media gallery, which is here:
View attachment 1761114

And link to it in your post. You can directly paste images to a post, but not a GIF for some reason.
I just learned something new. Haha. I couldn't figure out how to attach .gifs either.

Ahh yes.

We all must have the same opinion! And if yours doesn't line up with mine then shut your mouth……

I'll repost the meme.

View attachment 1761038

Why are you running a brace?

Answer - Because it's illegal to run a stock.

I rest my case.
I disagree. I think violating the spirit of the law while staying firmly within the law itself is a demonstration to our "betters" that it does not matter what they do, we will find a way to ignore them and make them show themselves for what they are. We complied with your dumb law and we still did what we wanted to, now what?

We force them to drop the mask and abandon the rule of law to come after us.

The ATF has demonstrated time and time again they are more than willing to do this, and this behavior is seeping into the public consciousness more an more. ATF memes are showing up on non-firearms related boards, centrist aligned blogs are talking about ATF overreach and violations and opinions are changing. And this works better for us when we comply with the law than when we don't. I am not saying I will harp on anyone solidly on the "I will not comply" bandwagon, they have their point and their place in the political landscape as well, but what I am saying is that these two types of people are on the same team, they are working towards the same goals in different ways, and those ways absolutely work together.

This is why innovation at the edge of the NFA is essential. We need to push the boundary right up over that edge, and do so in a way that stays exactly within the letter of the law. Full auto without tripping a single line of legislation. SBR/SBS everything without a legally recognized stock in sight. The ATF really does not want to go to court on what a receiver is? Let's design a dozen new unorthodox firearms that violate all the design principles the ATF uses to decide where to put a serial number and force the ATF to step into court to sort it out. This is not compliance, this is defiance with an explicit dare to challenge us on it and risk full exposure for who they really are and what they really are about.

They really do not want that because such exposure would cause them a real headache with low information voters who still prefer the illusion of "equal protection", "just rule of law" and all the other legal niceties they believe we all operate under. Meanwhile the ATF et. al. want to operate 100% in the realm of extralegal letters, bureaucratic rulings that impact only their target (divide and conquer donchaknow) and rule-making they can use to enforce whatever the hell they want with only a fictional fig leaf of the cover of legislative law. If we let them do that they win, because the greater public will simply assume that they have full legislative powers to do that. This assumption will give the courts cover to continue deference and maintain the air if impartial and just application of the law. This is the fiction they want to maintain, and the fiction we must destroy with raw, naked, driven innovation. Every new innovation we put out there and popularize is one more rung on the ladder that will drag our fellow countrymen into the light of reality.

Last Edited:
I disagree. I think violating the spirit of the law while staying firmly within the law itself is a demonstration to our "betters" that it does not matter what they do, we will find a way to ignore them and make them show themselves for what they are. We complied with your dumb law and we still did what we wanted to, now what?

We force them to drop the mask and abandon the rule of law to come after us.

The ATF has demonstrated time and time again they are more than willing to do this, and this behavior is seeping into the public consciousness more an more. ATF memes are showing up on non-firearms related boards, centrist aligned blogs are talking about ATF overreach and violations and opinions are changing. And this works better for us when we comply with the law than when we don't. I am not saying I will harp on anyone solidly on the "I will not comply" bandwagon, they have their point and their place in the political landscape as well, but what I am saying is that these two types of people are on the same team, they are working towards the same goals in different ways, and those ways absolutely work together.

This is why innovation at the edge of the NFA is essential. We need to push the boundary right up over that edge, and do so in a way that stays exactly within the letter of the law. Full auto without tripping a single line of legislation. SBR/SBS everything without a legally recognized stock in sight. The ATF really does not want to go to court on what a receiver is? Let's design a dozen new unorthodox firearms that violate all the design principles the ATF uses to decide where to put a serial number and force the ATF to step into court to sort it out. This is not compliance, this is defiance with an explicit dare to challenge us on it and risk full exposure for who they really are and what they really are about.

They really do not want that because such exposure would cause them a real headache with low information voters who still prefer the illusion of "equal protection", "just rule of law" and all the other legal niceties they believe we all operate under.Meanwhile the ATF et. al. want to operate 100% in the realm of extralegal letters, bureaucratic rulings that impact only their target (divide and conquer donchaknow) and rule-making they can use to enforce whatever the hell they want with only a fictional fig leaf of the cover of legislative law. If we let them do that they win, because the greater public will simply assume that they have full legislative powers to do that. This assumption will give the courts cover to continue deference and maintain the air if impartial and just application of the law. This is the fiction they want to maintain, and the fiction we must destroy with raw, naked, driven innovation. Every new innovation we put out there and popularize is one more rung on the ladder that will drag our fellow countrymen into the light of reality.
I don't think I've heard it stated better.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top