JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

What is your level of interest in buying, building and or using braced firearms?

• Total voters
No, I had a brace because I liked it. That was all.
Ok , I gotta ask which one. The different tail hook ones look pretty cool, for being so minimalist. But the fad peaked before I saw one in person. I picked up the magpul braces in cabelas or sportsman's once or twice, but always managed to find something else to buy instead.
Maybe it's time to reassess them.

Ok , I gotta ask which one. The different tail hook ones look pretty cool, for being so minimalist. But the fad peaked before I saw one in person. I picked up the magpul braces in cabelas or sportsman's once or twice, but always managed to find something else to buy instead.
Maybe it's time to reassess them.
The Tailhooks are solid in general. One of the best braces out there.

Because it doesn't apply in all cases.

It's cutesy, but not honest.
If you put a brace on you have already complied by doing that to stay legal instead of putting on a stock.

So yea. You complied.

It's the same rationalizing for buying a 16" M4 profile carbine gas barrel, or a 14.5" M4 barrel with a 1.5+ pinned and welded flash hider to stay "legal" because having a proper 14.5" M4 SBR takes a $200 tax stamp, whether for a rifle lower or for a "pistol" lower without a stock and adding a stock to it

Braces are stupid. Regardless of whether or not the ATF said at one point that it was legal to shoulder them, everyone and their mother is 100% using them as a stock.

The only upside to them is that in effect, SBR's are now so far beyond the statue limitation of common use that I have a glimmer of hope they will someday be removed from the NFA.

Braces are stupid. Regardless of whether or not the ATF said at one point that it was legal to shoulder them, everyone and their mother is 100% using them as a stock.

The only upside to them is that in effect, SBR's are now so far beyond the statue limitation of common use that I have a glimmer of hope they will someday be removed from the NFA.
Titanic-84-Years-Meme-2518013.jpg

I can see your future.

what statue limitation are you referring to?

There's over 21 million registered silencers/suppressors according to SilencerCo, and they're still on the NFA category list and the Hearing Protection Act has constantly been killed in committee each and every time in Congress even when the Reps were in control of both Chambers :rolleyes:

With an "estimated" 7 million braced firearms.. there's no chance that this current Congress, or the next few, depending on how it changes due to ages and who's voting whom... will ever get rid of SBRs on the NFA list

Edit 2. If you're referring to Caetano; please note that it is only the opinion of one SCOTUS Justice and concurred by one other SCOTUS Justice; and that it has never been applied to NFA firearms since then.

If you put a brace on you have already complied by doing that to stay legal instead of putting on a stock.

So yea. You complied.
This is where you are making the "intentional falacy."

You assume that's why I, or ALL others, put on a short stock. Maybe I just wanted a short stock. I put on a non-adjustable short stock for simplicity. Not and expandable one to work-around or "comply" as you said.

Cute meme, but only partially true.

This is where you are making the "intentional falacy."

You assume that's why I, or ALL others, put on a short stock. Maybe I just wanted a short stock. I put on a non-adjustable short stock for simplicity. Not and expandable one to work-around or "comply" as you said.

Cute meme, but only partially true.
Still completely going over your head.

I tried.

The notion that you can have a braced pistol but not a SBR with a real stock (unless you go through the nonsense) is so monumentally stupid. But this is the world we live in. And until things change, I'd go braced pistol all day every day over SBR.

The ATF And DOJ can smooch my left butt cheek.

WOLVERINES!

It's a conundrum for Oregonians, wedged between full communist Cali and Washington's AR ban. As far as traveling goes, that is.

For me, that was the best application. I was always on the verge of going with one of PSAs 9mm platforms but between them being out of stock, 114 and the brace ban, it became less important.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top