JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
And this is what bugs me about all of this. I can't confirm, but people have said the company did some 2A support in the past. Apparently that has quietly changed until this all blew up and people started wondering where that part of the mission statement went, if it ever really existed.

BUT, if you call yourselves "Black Rifle Coffee Company", it would make sense that the 2A is at least involved by association. If you are unwilling to be involved directly, don't try and attract people to your brand using the name and imagery. It seems they are distancing themselves from the 2A and then saying they only advocate for hiring veterans. They've become no more important to the 2A than Colt45 Malt Liquor, which I actually prefer over BRCC coffee.

Two days to make a clear concise statement! Was it that hard? No
When will companies learn this season?

The lesson as usual is "go woke go broke" -- all they had to do was nothing. Go to the range. Watch a movie. Get hammered -- literally anything else. The woke crowd would have found the next outrage target within 72 hours and no damage would have been done to the business at all. But when you take their withdrawal of support for 2A orgs, their immediate angry response toward Kyle, and the tone of the "clarification" video into account, I would guess that many who would have supported them will deeply question whether they're for real, or just a (mostly) clever marketing company carpet bagging on their customers' good will.

Last Edited:
They used to donate a portion of their profits to 2A-related organizations and causes. It even used to say so on the bags.
That's the only reason why I signed up for their coffee subscription a while back. Not mostly for the veteran angle, but cuz of the 2A angle first and foremost.

Then, a little while back, they quietly discontinued that portion of their charitable donations.
I dropped my subscription when I found out.

Which organizations? and about how long ago did they drop supporting them?

I ask because Im not certain this Rittenhouse event would have anything to do with who they give money to, considering their primary marketing strategy has always been to support veterans.

I never knew which organizations, cuz they weren't listed on the outside of the bag.
I just believed what was written on the side of the bag, that they donated a portion of the profits to 2A causes.
As far as how long ago, I don't recall. Maybe a year or so? I bailed after I found out. Coulda been they stopped long before I learned of the discontinuation.

BRCC's about page on the date and time you click this link: https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/about-us As of the date/time of this post, the 2A is not mentioned anywhere. At the bottom is this:

Black Rifle Coffee Company is a SOF Veteran-owned coffee company, serving premium coffee and culture to people who love America.

Here is a snapshot of the site on Feb 5, 2017: https://web.archive.org/web/20170205000615/https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/pages/about-us

I started Black Rifle Coffee Company to provide a high-quality, roast-to-order, coffee to the pro 2A and veteran communities. Between deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan, I was working to refine both my coffee roasting skills and my firearms skills. I have spent over a decade researching coffee, refining my roast profiles and (of course) drinking what I roast. Black Rifle Coffee is quite literally the combination of my two favorite passions. I take pride in the coffee we roast, the veterans we employ and the causes we support.

So somewhere between those dates, the 2A slipped off their radar.

So somewhere between those dates, the 2A slipped off their radar.

some evidence, thank you.

Looking thru the years and dates in the web archive this didn't happen this year or even last, so nothing here regarding the Rittenhouse trial applies to their position on supporting Second Amendment causes.

In the few various versions of their about page I notices slight differences in who they support, including one about page where no one was listed as supported. My take is they have adjusted where their money goes over time... Im not privy to the reasons, but I cant say they are anti-gun just because they stopped donating to pro-gun organizations.

Here are my thoughts on the 2nd support thing, What was BRCC's reasons for dropping their support? Was it the NRA with W.L at the helm that upset them? Dunnknow! Another org that ran afoul of folks, like OFF with Keven Starrett and his stupidity, Dunnknow! Point is, unless we actually KNOW who they were supporting, and their reasons for ending said support, the attitudes expressed here are kinda harsh toward these guys, and until we know the actualities, this is very unfair to what has been an Upstanding company with good solid core values!

Looking thru the years and dates in the web archive this didn't happen this year or even last, so nothing here regarding the Rittenhouse trial applies to their position on supporting Second Amendment causes.
Im not privy to the reasons, but I cant say they are anti-gun just because they stopped donating to pro-gun organizations.

I think many people, myself included, see Kyle, SD, and 2A as interwoven into a political prosecution.

BRCC might not be Antis, but they haven't demonstrated recently that they are pro-2A either. More like 2A indifferent it seems.

People are clearly willing to pay a premium price for coffee if they think they're also supporting something that is personally important to them, and it's a good way to make micro-donations because donating $1 would get eaten up by fees credit card companies charge on merchant accounts. By buying products where a portion is donated, it's a good way to aggregate a lot of small donations and transfer more money to the cause than to Mastercard. However, without a cause, BRCC is nothing but expensive coffee -- nobody would pay $14/lb for Yuban because all you get with that is coffee, no sense of doing good for the world.

... the attitudes expressed here are kinda harsh toward these guys, and until we know the actualities, this is very unfair to what has been an Upstanding company with good solid core values!

To be fair to people overpaying for coffee thinking they are supporting various public interest or charitable orgs, BRCC could be a lot more transparent by revealing who they donate to.

I gave my brother a bag or two of their coffee for Christmas a couple of years ago. I'm a veteran, he's a cop, but we're both ardent supporters of the RKBA and coffee drinkers. The company seemed to support both of us.

I would never give him a couple of bags of Seattle's Best, or Starbucks for Christmas.

There are so many "woke" companies these days, that finding one that is actually brave enough to stand up for our side is refreshing, and I try to support them.

I wrote and published a book this month that is written from a conservative world view and actually supports and promotes traditional American values and culture. I am expecting it to get some negative reviews because of the political ideals presented in it as soon as it gets more mainstream circulation and not just family and friends with similar conservative ideals.

Will I issue a statement apologizing for offending people? No. Will Amazon pull it from circulation if they start getting complaints about the "hate speech" in it? Probably.

I have zero respect for any company that backs down from taking a stand for American values and Constitutional freedoms. If BRCC had issued a statement saying that they continue to support the RKBA, then I would have likely sent my sister one of their gift packages for Christmas (I drew her name this year). But the initial vacillating and weak statement, as well as removing the RKBA wording on their packaging has caused me to look elsewhere for gifts this holiday season.

I must be reading a different story under the same links here? All I could see was the Co having a problem with Blaze (A Glenn Beck) Co putting a coupon code with the pic of this kid. They were having a problem with Blaze and seemed to have said Zero about the kid and the mess he is in. It's like people are looking to be offended and searching for it? :s0092:
Maybe some people objected to this:
"We don't traffic in national tragedy and to us, that's what this is. We are not legal experts or members of law enforcement. We fully support all law enforcement officials and believe in the integrity of the legal system."
Rittenhouse was repeatedly attacked for no apparent lawful reason and, evidently, lawfully and effectively used a black rifle to defend himself against three seemingly bad actors who meant to harm or kill him. Not everyone would agree that is an unmitigated tragedy, let alone a "national tragedy". I generally support LEO and the judicial system, too, but I don't support "all law enforcement officials" because they're not all good people. Some of them are corrupt dirt bags and "the integrity of the legal system" could stand some improvement, too.

Last Edited:
but he did in this response to the Rittenhouse trial. "Number 3" (1:24 mark)
I saw that as well, but I thought it was pretty weak sauce.
It was like a meatless bone thrown en passant to the 2A folks.
His focus was clearly on veterans (nothing wrong with that at all) and not on the 2A.

I think many people, myself included, see Kyle, SD, and 2A as interwoven into a political prosecution.
Sure, but the companies only position on Rittenhouse was they didn't want to be associated with profiting financially from his court trial. Thats it. The CEO even stated in his response that they believed people are innocent until proven guilty.
There isnt any company out there that would want to profit from an in progress murder trial regardless if they supported the person on trial.

I saw that as well, but I thought it was pretty weak. Almost as an "in passing" bone thrown to the 2A folks. His focus was clearly on veterans and not the 2A.
But remember the response was about addressing the Rittenhouse trial, not about the 2A.

Im not seeing any evidence the company is anti gun here.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top