JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
new barrels fix the issue but dont use their buffer combo, its a slam fire party. and i recommend the alg act. weighted buffer and a ar15 spring
Please read the entire thread before throwing out more advice. I put a lot of effort into sharing the knowledge gained throughout the experience and what you've advised wouldn't have helped me and goes against everything I've learned along the way.

Please read the entire thread before throwing out more advice. I put a lot of effort into sharing the knowledge gained throughout the experience and what you've advised wouldn't have helped me and goes against everything I've learned along the way.
thats how current epcs are now. run great too

thats how current epcs are now. run great too
A barrel has nothing to do with the problem that was occurring. The problem, to restate - was the bolt carrier group riding high over the top of various triggers and not allowing them to successfully disconnect. Whether this was a BCG out of spec, a lower out of spec, an upper out of spec (or all out of spec and stacking tolerances negatively)...is still debatable because I do not have access to the spec sheet for these items.

The solution was to find a BCG that interfaced with the trigger more along with a trigger that interfaced with the BCG at a higher height. That solution came in the form of a FailZero BCG and TriggerTech PCC. Could others have worked? Surely - which is why I took the time to document all heights involved for others who may be experiencing the same.

Additionally, perceived recoil and dwell time can be played with through the use of various spring and buffer weight combinations - perfecting the system is not quite as simplistic as "just use an AR15 spring weighted buffer." Most buffers kits for PCCs are 7.7oz buffers and .308 springs - though again, the buffer is only 1 part of the total reciprocal mass and various BCGs all weigh differently...so the choice of buffer weight ultimately comes down to what BCG is in use (and how much it weighs) and recoil/dwell preferences of the owner.

But, at no point in my journey would a new barrel have done anything for the issue other than piss away money. Your advice is just not correct in this case.

Now, if you don't mind - this thread is for the SOLUS action. If you wish to continue talking about EPC's, please take it to that thread. Thanks.

So they cloned the Zermatt Origin action and want... the same price as an Origin (~$900). I will stick with Zermatt.
Except it's a 3 lug. I'd still WAY rather have an Origin and I'm a 3 lug fan, so I agree with you.
If you're hell bent on a 3 lug in this price range I'd be looking hard at the new ARC action coming out.

Except it's a 3 lug. I'd still WAY rather have an Origin and I'm a 3 lug fan, so I agree with you.
If you're hell bent on a 3 lug in this price range I'd be looking hard at the new ARC action coming out.
What would the pros/cons be of the 3-lug Aero vs the Origin?

To me they mean
I'm not sure why people keep getting all bound up about this. There's a big age gap between members, and they have different ways of speaking and different slang, just like they always have. You spoke different than your grandparents, etc.

It doesn't seem fair to expect everyone else to conform to the narrow window of speech patterns that you are comfortable with.

the bolt isnt made to run your gucci triggers , the same as a 308. thats always been known. complaining about something thats not meant to do what you want and saying its defective. thats sad. the barrel ramp though was their mistake. and pushing a solid buffer is still their mistake

What would the pros/cons be of the 3-lug Aero vs the Origin?
Zermatt/Bighorn is more of a known quantity, a respected company where bolt actions are concerned. I have an Origin with an additional mag face head so I can swap calibers and I have nothing but good things to say about it.
Aero in my opinion is known for being "okay". I don't have anything against them but I doubt anyone would argue they're top tier.
The other pro/con aspect is two lug vs 3 lug and you may as well start arguing 9mm vs .45 😂
In a nutshell some prefer the short throw of the 3 lug and some feel that a two lug has lighter bolt lift and doesn't unsettle the rifle when you run it. As usual the devil is in the details. Personally all things being equal I prefer a really good 3 lug to a really good 2 lug (Terminus vs Impact for example) but in this case I'd prefer a 2 lug from a company that's proven they can make top quality actions over a 3 lug from a company that's never been great at anything and never made a bolt action at all as far as I know.

Personally, once this becomes a known quantity I would consider it. Every Aero product I have had has been outstanding. I only use their uppers and lowers in my AR builds. In that market you can pay more but don't see where you can get more.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top