JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Maybe.....

It's probably time for an 80% drop in auto sear????

Or

Plans for 3D printed "parts"?

Nah....someone probably already did that. Rrrrrright?

Aloha, Mark

ATF is apparently also going after ffls now in a big way. Revoking their license if a buyer mistakenly put "USA" in the "county" box on the 4473 form ("county" looks like "country", an honest and obvious mistake).

It seems to me that Biden administration and anti-gunners are attacking on every possible front to stop gun sales (shipping companies, visit individual's houses who bought 2 handguns in the same week, ffls, credit card companies, new brace ban, new state laws to limit where you can carry, ban mags, make it hard to impossible to legally buy a gun). Imo they view it as simply a "# of guns in individual's hands" problem with their goal being less guns, no matter how they can do it. Sucks.

Yeah. Not so much. It takes a LOT of F'ing up to get your license revoked. Even now.

Well, Matt Hoover certainly proved this to be true.

I wonder if he's still screaming his diatribe while in confinement or huddled in the corner regretting his mistakes.
Hoover is a screaming jack@ss. What he doesn't publicize is that the original keycards were punch pressed out like a model car part set. The laser etched ones aren't what this is about.

Yeah. Not so much. It takes a LOT of F'ing up to get your license revoked. Even now.
Really? What about that FFL in New Jersey that had his FFL revoked? Over 20yrs in business... in NJ... without a single infraction, but this time around, he was cited for 3 instances of people putting "U.S.A." mistakenly in the "county" box on their 4473 and 2 instances where a firearm had been released to the purchaser a day or 2 after the 30 day mark... of an approved BGC? FFL... Gone!

Those don't seem like "a LOT of F'ing" up to me.

Of course, he can appeal it, but the alphabet agent that pulled his FFL is the same person that will be reviewing his appeal. Wanna bet how that goes? 🤣

Really? What about that FFL in New Jersey that had his FFL revoked? Over 20yrs in business... in NJ... without a single infraction, but this time around, he was cited for 3 instances of people putting "U.S.A." mistakenly in the "county" box on their 4473 and 2 instances where a firearm had been released to the purchaser a day or 2 after the 30 day mark... of an approved BGC? FFL... Gone!

Those don't seem like "a LOT of F'ing" up to me.

Of course, he can appeal it, but the alphabet agent that pulled his FFL is the same person that will be reviewing his appeal. Wanna bet how that goes? 🤣
There is a license revocation process that the ATF has to go through. Ive known people that went through it when I was an 02/07. That hasn't changed. I dont know the specifics of the dealer in NJ but I'd be willing to bet you dont know all the story.

There were other process violations. Dealer who check 4173's and who quite frankly follow the law dont have anything to worry about. I wouldn't want to be a dealer who took shortcuts these days but why would you do that anyway?

There is a license revocation process that the ATF has to go through. Ive known people that went through it when I was an 02/07. That hasn't changed. I dont know the specifics of the dealer in NJ but I'd be willing to bet you dont know all the story.
Possibly. Only saw the revocation letter citing the infractions. Must have been some other reasons that were not citeable as cause for revocation, because that how the process works, right? ;)

With 5 months left in the year, FFL revocations where already up 500% of any previous year for nearly 2 decades. If you don't recognize that the alphabets have been weaponized and pulling FFL''s for previously considered minor infractions... I can't help you.🤣

Possibly. Only saw the revocation letter citing the infractions. Must have been some other reasons that were not citeable as cause for revocation, because that how the process works, right? ;)

With 5 months left in the year, FFL revocations where already up 500% of any previous year for nearly 2 decades. If you don't recognize that the alphabets have been weaponized and pulling FFL''s for previously considered minor infractions... I can't help you.🤣
Its multiple minor infractions. You dont have to be a rocket scientist to make sure that 4473's are filled out properly. The major reason for the revocation wasn't the USA as county , which is easy to see if you look at them, but the transfer of firearms over 30 days when the 4473 is expired. Thats a major infraction.

Is the ATF revoking the license of blatantly sloppy dealers? Yes. Is there any good reason to be a blatantly sloppy dealer?

Is the ATF revoking the license of blatantly sloppy dealers? Yes. Is there any good reason to be a blatantly sloppy dealer?
The key there is "blantantly" or "knowingly and willfully" desregarding protocol vs. minor unintentional mistakes... that were previously not cause to revoke, but to educate or possibly require a documented change in practice. Like retraining sessions for employees.

In his particular case, it was a short term part time employee that did not verify the dates and released the firearms. Simple clerical/procedural error.

I know you get all giddy whenever the gooberment slams pro-gun folk, but there is no denying there has been a lot of overreach as of late.

The key there is "blantantly" or "knowingly and willfully" desregarding protocol vs. minor unintentional mistakes... that were previously not cause to revoke, but to educate or possibly require a documented change in practice. Like retraining sessions for employees.

In his particular case, it was a short term part time employee that did not verify the dates and released the firearms. Simple clerical/procedural error.

I know you get all giddy whenever the gooberment slams pro-gun folk, but there is no denying there has been a lot of overreach as of late.
There's no reason for dealers to make stupid mistakes that screw it up for everyone else

Meh.

On the one hand I feel that people who are breaking the law (either intentionally or thru sloppiness) should not be surprised at the results (unless it is some arcane law or technicality {like the "county" field} that is dug up by the bureaucrats to punish/silence someone for embarrassing them).

OTOH - the NFA/GCA and all of those federal laws on gun possession/transfers, types of guns we can own, etc., are unconstitutional and should not exist in the first place. So the gov gets no support from me with regards to their enforcement.

Meh.

On the one hand I feel that people who are breaking the law (either intentionally or thru sloppiness) should not be surprised at the results (unless it is some arcane law or technicality {like the "county" field} that is dug up by the bureaucrats to punish/silence someone for embarrassing them).

OTOH - the NFA/GCA and all of those federal laws on gun possession/transfers, types of guns we can own, etc., are unconstitutional and should not exist in the first place. So the gov gets no support from me with regards to their enforcement.
The county thing isn't why they are pending revocation. That was just the clickbait hook. Dealers have 30 days to transfer a firearm as after that the BGC isn't valid . While maybe the dealer had an employee that was an idiot ( Gun shop counter guy , imagine that ) that isn't really an excuse unless they can convince the examiner under appeal. They may be able to. Yeah, that is a major infraction. Its easy to follow the law . Dealers who dont follow the law can get their licenses revoked. They know that. They knew that when they got their license

Last Edited:
Dealers who dont follow the law can get their licenses revoked. They know that. They knew that when they got their license
How about holding the FBI, ATF, all their agents, the police officers, and so forth to the same strict standards that the FFLs and gun owners are held to? I mean... losing a duty gun, or telling FFLs to let the guns walk across borders... or setting people up (coughs Weaver coughs)... yeah, all these should be incidents that results in pound me in the butt time at club Fed and immediate firing, possibly no "qualified" immunity granted from lawsuits or prosecution of negligence of duties and failure to uphold oaths of office...

How about holding the FBI, ATF, all their agents, the police officers, and so forth to the same strict standards that the FFLs and gun owners are held to? I mean... losing a duty gun, or telling FFLs to let the guns walk across borders... or setting people up (coughs Weaver coughs)... yeah, all these should be incidents that results in pound me in the butt time at club Fed and immediate firing, possibly no immunity granted from lawsuits or prosecution of negligence of duties and failure to uphold oaths of office...
Ok yeah, do that. What do you want? The dealer broke the law because , according to him, he is incompetent at his job managing a gun shop..

Ok yeah, do that. What do you want? The dealer broke the law because , according to him, he is incompetent at his job managing a gun shop..
And there aren't incompetent people managing Fed agency offices? :rolleyes: back to the topic here.... I've been seeing videos from CRS popping up as recommended but most times their auto-captions are utter crap with the way the host talks so I don't usually watch him.

Edit. It's not quite illegal to be incompetent t managing things. It rather hypocritical when they revoke FFL licenses when they themselves aren't always 100% following their own agency rules and within limits placed on them by Congress and DOJ... IMO.

The county thing isn't why they are pending revocation. That was just the clickbait hook. Dealers have 30 days to transfer a firearm as after that the BGC isn't valid . While maybe the dealer had an employee that was an idiot ( Gun shop counter guy , imagine that ) that isn't really an excuse unless they can convince the examiner under appeal. They may be able to. Yeah, that is a major infraction. Its easy to follow the law . Dealers who dont follow the law can get their licenses revoked. They know that. They knew that when they got their license
I get that.

What I was saying is that those laws should not exist, much less be enforced.

And there aren't incompetent people managing Fed agency offices? :rolleyes: back to the topic here.... I've been seeing videos from CRS popping up as recommended but most times their auto-captions are utter crap with the way the host talks so I don't usually watch him.

Edit. It's not quite illegal to be incompetent t managing things. It rather hypocritical when they revoke FFL licenses when they themselves aren't always 100% following their own agency rules and within limits placed on them by Congress and DOJ... IMO.
When you allow employees in a gun shop to break the law that is incompetent. They dont care They'll just get a comparable job at McDonalds but as a shop owner its your bubblegum when you dont manage your employees properly.

I used to know a guy in Olympia that ran a gun shop. He had a major audit coming based on some pretty glaring discrepancies found on a spot audit. His solution was to burn all his 4473's since the worst they could do was revoke his license and his stuff was so bad they were going to anyway..

Well they do exist . We are a nation of laws and due process. Due process has long arms.
I seem to remember our Founders having long arms, too. They also had the good sense to know when a government had become overbearing and then they decided to use those long arms.
Hopefully we're still a long way from that.

When States can defy SCOTUS decisions; and enforcement of Fed and State laws are selective and often politically motivated.. we aren't a nation ruled by laws but a nation ruled by men(people) :rolleyes:
All part of due process, the ( entire) Constitution and all that. You believe in it or you dont. .

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews